BlackMaze

Tap water filter good enough for cooking?

70 posts in this topic

@mmKay no. Not at all. 

Tap water is only OK for doing dishes and washing and cleaning purposes. 

Not for any use related to food 

Yes for non-food related use. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

49 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Do y'all think tap water is ok for steaming vegetables? 

Steam is as pure as water gets.

But if you dip it in the bottom....

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@mmKay no. Not at all. 

Tap water is only OK for doing dishes and washing and cleaning purposes. 

Not for any use related to food 

Yes for non-food related use. 

@Preety_India Does "toxic" water evaporate after cleaning the dishes with it? Sorry, I am quite ignorant about cleaning stuff, I am wondering if it is safe to clean your dishes with unfiltered water

@Hello from Russia actually its not a great idea to wash vessels with tap water either. 

But I guess there's not much of a choice because you want to use filtered water for drinking. 

But otherwise I'd have suggested to use filtered for dishes as well. But it's something that can be compromised 

The problem with cleaning using bad or unclean water is that residue can stay on the dishes or objects. 

Let's say you used to clean veggies. Some residue might stay after the water is dried. 

But I don't think that such minute quantities of residue are going to be as harmful as directly drinking or adding tap water to food. 

So it's okay to use it for cleaning. 

@Preety_India dont you think you are exagerating with all those filters? I mean definately invest in clean watter supply but i think provably you can invest that time and effort into improving health from a  different angle ( supplements, dropping grains dairy soy, etc) 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay @neutralempty

Tap water is dangerous in every country. 

Look at the OP who got sick by constantly consuming it 

If you think I'm exaggerating about heavy metal toxicity then go do what you want. 

The water in the US is much more toxic than in my own country.. 

In fact in my country, there are lots of poor people who can't afford purifiers but survive because the water is not that unclean or chemical - ly. 

If you don't want to listen to my advice that tap water contains chemicals used for cleaning or odor removal and how it's dangerous, then go do whatever you want. 

5 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I had a brita before and I could see the no filter water traveling down to the bottom chamber lol. Thankfully that got me to research deeper into it. 

yes with these jugs you have to filter around 2-3 litres before the sediment disappears. They are working on carbon binding base. All heavy metals you will find in water have high binding affinity to activated carbon (at least that's how I understand it but maybe everything I just said is nonsense)  but it can get saturated in few weeks hence the need for changing. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

9 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

yes with these jugs you have to filter around 2-3 litres before the sediment disappears. They are working on carbon binding base. All heavy metals you will find in water have high binding affinity to activated carbon (at least that's how I understand it but maybe everything I just said is nonsense)  but it can get saturated in few weeks hence the need for changing. 

That's a lot of work. I remember doing all that boring thing.

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

That's a lot of work. I remember doing all that boring thing.

It literally takes 10 minutes including all the preparation, unpacking etc. many filtration systems require you to change filters regularly as well, not that big of a deal :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Steam is as pure as water gets.

But if you dip it in the bottom....

Nice.

Buying a steam cooker has been like the best structual change in my diet.

I just buy frozen Veggies ( they all chopped up) throw them in the steamer and then I  gtfo to do whatever I want for 30 min and boom meal rdy

2 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Ignore the second quote site is buggy for phone sometimes and i cant delete it

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Tap water is dangerous in every country. 

Absolutely not. 

The water in my country comes straight from the mountains and springs and is closely monitored for quality, with nothing being added to it. If you ever see the "Icelandic" water bottles in stores, that comes straight from where our tap water comes from. The same goes for most nordic countries and some European ones like Switzerland. 

Our tap water will be the best water you've ever tasted. ;)  

And I'm currently drinking 3.5 liters per day. I'd be extremely sick by this point if it were dangerous.

4 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

Absolutely not. 

The water in my country comes straight from the mountains and springs and is closely monitored for quality, with nothing being added to it. If you ever see the "Icelandic" water bottles in stores, that comes straight from where our tap water comes from. The same goes for most nordic countries and some European ones like Switzerland. 

Our tap water will be the best water you've ever tasted. ;)  

And I'm currently drinking 3.5 liters per day. I'd be extremely sick by this point if it were dangerous.

Yea I agree. For most countries, there is no mountain water. 

You're talking about Islandic regions 

I cannot even imagine those places. They really have great water. Really pure.. 

But lot of countries don't have access to such great natural beauty. 

@fridjonk I so wish to drink the water in your country. Especially the mountain spring water. I've heard that water even cures health problems. 

I used to see that in the movies 

@Preety_India @Average Investor

@Michael569 The water in my region should be good enough. The problem are the 60 years old or older pipes we have. If i install a r/o system will i be able to drink the water completely worry free? 

Is this good enough? It costs 440 euro. It's worth the investment even more if that means that i don't have to buy bottled water anymore. 

Screenshot_20210126_133914.jpg

Edited by BlackMaze

55 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

But lot of countries don't have access to such great natural beauty. 

So unfortunate. It becomes really easy to forget how privileged one can be just by having clean water. 

53 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I've heard that water even cures health problems. 

I don't think it cures much else than thirst. ;) 

@BlackMaze good. You can install that 

Call the service provider. 

54 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

So unfortunate. It becomes really easy to forget how privileged one can be just by having clean water. 

I don't think it cures much else than thirst. ;) 

Nah. It contains special minerals and nutrients like trace nutrients copper, zinc etc and that cures teeth problems, makes bones stronger and body healthier. 

If I were you, I would drink lots of it. 

Dont take that water for granted. 

Excerpt taken from there. 

Another investigation recommended that drinking Alkaline water may have different advantages for individuals who have hypertension, diabetes, and elevated cholesterol. The convictions of Alkaline Water are set to be colon-purging properties, malignancy opposition, hostile to maturing properties, and so forth. Water is set to go about as a characteristic oil for your muscles and joints and expands mental ability. It can even lift your safe framework. On the off chance that you are searching for a decent wash down that will flush out your poisons, at that point Alkaline water is the correct decision for you.

Read this website. You are very lucky to live there. 

https://energync.com/the-benefits-of-alkaline-water-ft-icelandic-glacial

I wish I was lucky to live that way too. 

Edited by Preety_India