Muhammad Jawad

Is it safe to do Shamanic Breathing at daily basis?

87 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

I hope you are doing great.

I have decided to do 30 to 60 min of Shamanic Breathing on daily basis in the morning.

Is it safe to do Shamanic breathing on a daily basis?

I will do Shamanic Breathing daily in the morning between my kriya yoga and meditation practice.

I am doing it for the last 2 days and today was my 3rd day of Shamanic Breathing.

It is amazing.

The results of my 1st day of shamanic breathing were really deep and profound.  I did it for 30 mins and these 30 mins passed as 5 mins. And the end result was amazing and made me cry with bliss and joy.

2nd day was also good but due to a few distractions I couldn't do it for 30 mins and the results were not very deep.

Today was my 3rd day of shamanic breathing. I couldn't wake up in the morning at 4 o clock today due to last night late sleeping.

So I did my shamanic breathing at noon like around 3 pm.

Lobster Claws - Tetany: 

I did set my alarm for 30 mins and start doing it. But I don't know why almost in 10 mins my hands clenched and the fingers of my hands went into some kind of specific mudra (Lobster Claws - Tetany). And with each minute pressure on my hand was also increasing.

In 15 mins pressure in my hands increased as much as it started hurting my hands and I started feeling pain in my hands. It felt like if I do not stop it will lead to something really bad so I stopped my practice in 15 mins. And went into a deep state of consciousness and with time in a few minutes everything got back to a normal state.

Can anyone tell me what was that? And why? Why I felt that pain in my hands which made me stop breathing.

Yesterday I was thinking that from onwards I will do Shamanic Breathing for more than 30 Mins and today I even couldn't do it for more than 15 mins.

I need guidance.

So Is it safe to do it on daily basis?

Can I do it on daily basis?

Why Leo in his video did not recommend to do it on a daily basis?

Why today I felt a lot of pressure and pain in my hands which make me stop doing it.

Waiting for the help

Thanks

Edited by Muhammad Jawad
Needed to add a heading

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

Shamanic Breathing is a form of hyperventilating, which has the effect of depleting CO2 in your blood. 

I couldn't tell you about this shamanic breathing practice, but constantly low levels of CO2 in your blood during the day  24/7 isn't a good thing (reference- "The Oxygen Advantage"). What can cause this would be a habit of overbreathing, and then over time your body becomes less tolerant of CO2 build up. 

One thing which causes chronically low CO2 throughout the day is mouth breathing. So always nose breathe, unless you're doing this shamanic breathing practice. 

Look up "The Oxygen Advantage" if you're interested in this all. There's also this neat thing called "BOLT score" https://oxygenadvantage.com/measure-bolt/

--

Hyperventilation will tax your body, that's probably why Leo and most people don't just reccomend to anyone that they do it everyday by themselves. It would vary by individual. 

It could very well be that you're fine to keep doing this very regularly, I have no clue. I ain't a doctor or knowledgeable to know how good or bad this practice is if done a lot. 

A Google search will show studies saying holotropic breathwork is safe. Again, I have no idea what the full scope those studies can make and how good they are. But it may be the case you're fine to keep doing this most days, for a while. 

I would recommend to anyone however that they don't overbreathe during their regular life (outside of this practice). Lots of people overbreathe 24/7 without even realising it (e. G. Mouth breathing). 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

you are answering yourself, if you do it too much it can "get your energy out of control"

would you take pschycoledics very frenquently? probably not. Same with this.

Thanks a lot for the response :-)

@Muhammad Jawad Thanks for creating this post as i actually too im going to start doing shamanic breathing as more often possible. Today i did 10 minutes. Tomorrow i think ill do 10 again. Lets stay in touch to hear about each others effect yea? 

I've been doing two breathwork sessions per day for weeks.

I would consider the length and intensity of each session. Shamanic breathing has relatively intense depth and pace. A 1hr. Shamanic session can be intense. 

When I do a 1hr session, I include about 20min of warm-up and 20min of comedown / integration - So the peak intensity around the mountain top is about 20min. and the comedown can go deep. I've been able to sustain this as a daily practice for a month without problems. I actually feel much better than I did a month ago. Yet keep in mind that it is 'work'.

2 hours ago, RedLine said:

Ime, it's not the same. Psychedelics are much more taxing on the mind and body than Breathwork.

3 hours ago, Rinne said:

@Muhammad Jawad Thanks for creating this post as i actually too im going to start doing shamanic breathing as more often possible. Today i did 10 minutes. Tomorrow i think ill do 10 again. Lets stay in touch to hear about each others effect yea? 

Yeah Sure. That will be great. 

Today was my 4th day of Shamanic Breathing. I am doing it for 30 mins daily in the morning.  

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I've been doing two breathwork sessions per day for weeks.

I would consider the length and intensity of each session. Shamanic breathing has relatively intense depth and pace. A 1hr. Shamanic session can be intense. 

When I do a 1hr session, I include about 20min of warm-up and 20min of comedown / integration - So the peak intensity around the mountain top is about 20min. and the comedown can go deep. I've been able to sustain this as a daily practice for a month without problems. I actually feel much better than I did a month ago. Yet keep in mind that it is 'work'.

6 hours ago, RedLine said:

Ime, it's not the same. Psychedelics are much more taxing on the mind and body than Breathwork.

Wao..

Can you please tell me why am I experiencing this issue and how can I avoid it?

7 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Yes you are right, I didn´t mean the physical effects.

Anyways, I would experience by mylself what volume of practice is good for me and what it is too much. Same with psychedelics. 

Edited by RedLine

@nistake Thanks for cooperation. At Your Majesty's service!  ^_^

@Muhammad Jawad Here's a general outline for you.

@Forestluv Interesting to come to know about your daily practice. Glad to hear it's been going well for you. The comedowns do go deep – in fact, in my experience they go deeper than the breathing itself. The session truly climaxes after you have stopped. Started picking up on DMT-like fractals recently, too, although reality usually becomes a pure abstraction straight away.

Edited by SirVladimir

@lmfao  "Oxygen Advantage" - Guy is just saying that you should stop using your mouth to breathe. Wim Hof does use his techniques on a daily basis and the guy seems to be on fire all the time. 

I would recommend learning pranayama.

2 hours ago, nistake said:

is the guy you're looking for.

Thanks a lot for the reference. :-)

2 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Here's a general outline for you.

Thanks a lot for your sharing this precious information. 

Are you still doing shamanic breathing on a daily basis?

20 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Lobster Claws - Tetany: 

I did set my alarm for 30 mins and start doing it. But I don't know why almost in 10 mins my hands clenched and the fingers of my hands went into some kind of specific mudra (Lobster Claws - Tetany). And with each minute pressure on my hand was also increasing.

In 15 mins pressure in my hands increased as much as it started hurting my hands and I started feeling pain in my hands. It felt like if I do not stop it will lead to something really bad so I stopped my practice in 15 mins. And went into a deep state of consciousness and with time in a few minutes everything got back to a normal state.

Can anyone tell me what was that? And why? Why I felt that pain in my hands which made me stop breathing.

I too get the lobster claws, but never got close to pain.

Here is an explanation. Here is another one.

Listen to your body. Slow down the breath, if you feel pain, or be breathless for some time, if it feels right for you. There is no need to rush, there is so much wisdom in listening to yourself.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

7 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

I too get the lobster claws, but never got close to pain.

Here is an explanation. Here is another one.

Listen to your body. Slow down the breath, if you feel pain, or be breathless for some time, if it feels right for you. There is no need to rush, there is so much wisdom in listening to yourself.

Thanks a lot for your response.

I will surely try to do it more consciously by listening to my Body. 

5 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Are you still doing shamanic breathing on a daily basis?

Yes, I just don't report the experiences on the forum much anymore because they've gotten too powerful. I'd rather channel the energy into a lp.

48 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Yes, I just don't report the experiences on the forum much anymore because they've gotten too powerful. I'd rather channel the energy into a lp.

Wao. Amazing.

Do you literally do it Daily? I mean each day without any off?

When did you start doing it?

How much time do you spend on it daily?

Do you still do it in the evening before sleeping?

Did you ever face any side effects due to this practice?

Are you doing it the same way how Leo explained in his video?

Can you please share the most profound and deeply spiritual experience you got from shamanic breathing?

48 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

they've gotten too powerful

Can you please give me an example of "Too Powerful" by sharing a few of your experiences? 

I have also decided to do it on a daily basis in the morning. Today was my 4th day of Shamanic Breathing. I am spending 30 mins on each session and have decided to extend my time after a week.

Any suggestion for me? 

Waiting for your response.

Thanks   

Edited by Muhammad Jawad
Needed to fix few things

My problem still comes in getting the rhythm right. Like I feel like if it's hurting my lungs I should slow down or stop right? ?  Does anyone think doing this slower could have a similar effect, even if I have to do it for longer? 

I'm wondering if I still just don't have good lung capacity for 10 years of cigarettes (I've quit for 7 months) 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

9 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Do you literally do it Daily? I mean each day without any off?

Of course I miss a day every now and then.

When did you start doing it?

I had my first shamanic breathing experience back in 2018 when Leo published the video. 

You can calculate when the daily practice had started by subtracting approx. 3 months from when I posted the 100 Days Thread.

Did you ever face any side effects due to this practice?

No side effects per se. I consider ego backlashes to be natural, and yes, they still do arrive.

Are you doing it the same way how Leo explained in his video?

Cannot tell for sure. The explanation in my 100 Days Thread is the best I can give.

Can you please share the most profound and deeply spiritual experience you got from shamanic breathing?

Can you please give me an example of "Too Powerful" by sharing a few of your experiences? 

You may find some in the 100 Days Thread, besides which I'll link here my previous 60-day marathon that had preceded it. I kept reports from it as well, and they are raw. That 60-day thread is a prime example of how I developed. I didn't know my life purpose back then & was learning most of the stuff, so read with caution and use the 100 Days Thread for definitive answers and reference.

What I mean by Too Powerful is simply a psychedelic-like experience. Utter madness. The third dimension? Gone. Life & Death? Nadda. You eventually just stop chasing these experiences and and appreciate life for what it is.

I did allow myself to share one of my latest experiences in the form of this short message:

That was a result of shamanic breathing as well.

Any suggestion for me?

Practice makes the master. Back in 2018, shamanic breathing had no effect on me. Don't know how, but something clicked later.

Good luck, friend. Let me know if you need anything else.

Edited by SirVladimir