Muhammad Jawad

Is it safe to do Shamanic Breathing at daily basis?

87 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Wao..

Can you please tell me why am I experiencing this issue and how can I avoid it?

Tetany is due to changes of CO2 and O2 in the body. It is not dangerous and ok to breath through, yet when it becomes painful and distracting it can be counter-productive for the journey.

I experience tetany at times. It's usually due to pushing out the out-breath and out-breathing too fast. The out-breath should be relaxed and I slow down the out-breath if tetany gets strong. It's not just about breathing as hard and fast as you can.

From what I read, it sounds like you are starting off intense and trying to maintain intensity. When using the Shamanic Breathing style, I like to imagine that I am climbing a mountain. I start off relaxed and easy and build up. As I get closer to the peak, I get more intense - like I am running to the peak - then I jump off and fly. Then, there is a gradual descent in which the breathing calms down. This is often the deepest zone of insight and experience.

You may want to do a session with an online group and facilitator. Angell Deer gives a good session each Saturday at 7-9pm NYC time (GMT -5). It's free (donations accepted).

51 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

My problem still comes in getting the rhythm right. Like I feel like if it's hurting my lungs I should slow down or stop right? ?  Does anyone think doing this slower could have a similar effect, even if I have to do it for longer? 

I'm wondering if I still just don't have good lung capacity for 10 years of cigarettes (I've quit for 7 months) 

I'm learning that it's a balance between technique and letting go. There is some work and effort, yet also an effortless component. Part of Breathwork is letting go and imagination. If you are feeling some tingles, you are getting under the hood of rational thinking. Give yourself permission to let go and venture into the subconscious. 

There is no one rhythm. I've discovered about 20 different breathing rhythms so far. For me, a better intention is to find *a* rhythm. Importantly, to relax and the out-breath and have a circular breath.

Breathwork has definitely expanded my breathing capacity, yet that is just one form. I don't go into a session with an intention of maxing out my breath capacity. Starting out, it was more important to learn diaphragmatic breathing, belly breathing, lengthening breaths longitudinally, expanding side breathing and 360 degree breathing. At times there is mild discomfort and some effort, yet if it gets painful, I'm trying to hard and struggling - I pull back. When I'm working toward deeper breaths, I imagine my mid-section as a balloon expanding and deflating. I also imagine looking for a little more space on the in breath. And the out-breath is relaxed. 

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

My problem still comes in getting the rhythm right. Like I feel like if it's hurting my lungs I should slow down or stop right? ?  Does anyone think doing this slower could have a similar effect, even if I have to do it for longer? 

Imo, the quintessential part is to breathe INTO the belly with DEEP breaths and NOT allow for gaps between the ins and outs. (like a continuous sinusoid.) In fact, lately I've been experimenting with a 2-3 times slower pace and it DOES work just as well, if not better. Five ins and outs and paradigms already start to crack.

Edited by SirVladimir

@Forestluv Excited to hear about your practice. How do I get ahold of Angell Deer? I would be down to do a group session to start.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Forestluv @SirVladimir  cool cool cool... 

Hmm maybe I'll stick a floating tank in my mind palace and go do slower shamanic breathing in there ? don't ask. 

I think I propose to add it to a meditation habit and focus more on sinusiod breathing and surrender, and not so much if I'm doing it correctly. I get too much in my head when trying it. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

6 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I get too much in my head when trying it. 

Yes, this can be a huge blockade as @Forestluv said. It butchers your expectations and throws them into a dumpster. Thoughts are beautiful, but allow them to pass. Logic and rationality are death to shamanic breathing. Try to feel your 'golden goose', perhaps a word that has the most spiritual meaning for you. For me, that's the word Beauty. Find yours and use it as a reference to overwhelm yourself with serenity and open-mindedness. That's your ticket beyond Earth.

Edited by SirVladimir

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

My problem still comes in getting the rhythm right.

Ok. You can fix your rhythm by doing the following:

Download the Live Demo part of Leo's Shamanic Video and then trim out the part where he is actually breathing. Then In any editing software use, Leo's breathing sound and make 1 or 2 hours of a loopable track with tribal drumming music. Then export it as an audio track and transfer it to your cell phone and then play that in the background while you practice and match your breathing rhythm with that audio track.

While doing it you do not need to put pressure on your lungs do it smoothly with the flow. 

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

@Muhammad Jawad Someone should make this and share it (: 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

38 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Forestluv Excited to hear about your practice. I will try this in a few days. What are you doing for the warm up/ cool down, simply lighter breathing?

I would recommend to try out breathwork with an online group and a good facilitator.

The warm up is mostly nose breathing, or nose in / mouth out for a few minutes. It is a time to relax, activate parasympathetic system, slow down the mind and enter circular breathing. I then go full mouth breathing. Where I go with that depends on the Breathwork style and my body intuition. Yet it usually involves expanding the breath and / or picking up the pace to a peak. I then coast for a while. This can be exploring abstractions, subconscious, cathartic release of emotions, body awareness, surfing breaths or playing around with different breathing rhythms. The cool down is less intensity of physical breathing, yet can go deep. The out breaths are usually longer and slower. Sometimes I add in ujjai breath

6 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Ok. You can fix your rhythm by doing the following:

Download the Live Demo part of Leo's Shamanic Video and then trim out the part where he is actually breathing. Then In any editing software use, Leo's breathing sound and make 1 or 2 hours of a loopable track with tribal drumming music. Then export it as an audio track and transfer it to your cell phone and then play that in the background while you practice and match your breathing rhythm with that audio track.

Oh sounds simple? 

Ok I summon someone to make this happen.  Universe, are you listening? 

16 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Yes, this can be a huge blockade as @Forestluv said. It butchers your expectations and throws them into a dumpster. Thoughts are beautiful, but allow them to pass. Logic and rationality are death to shamanic breathing. Try to feel your 'golden goose', perhaps a word that has the most spiritual meaning for you. For me, that's the word Beauty. Find yours and use it as a reference to overwhelm yourself with serenity and open-mindedness. That's your ticket beyond Earth.

Hmm I suppose one could pair this with self inquiry practice as far as feeling into the sense of self and coming back to it when distracted. Or the heart centre. 

Hmm OK, I gotta find that magic word. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

22 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Of course I miss a day every now and then.

Oh. Right.

22 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

I had my first shamanic breathing experience back in 2018 when Leo published the video. 

You can calculate when the daily practice had started by subtracting approx. 3 months from when I posted the 100 Days Thread.

Wao

23 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

No side effects per se. I consider ego backlashes to be natural, and yes, they still do arrive.

What kind of ego backlashes do you experience?

29 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

You may find some in the 100 Days Thread, besides which I'll link here my previous 60-day marathon that had preceded it. I kept reports from it as well, and they are raw. That 60-day thread is a prime example of how I developed. I didn't know my life purpose back then & was learning most of the stuff, so read with caution and use the 100 Days Thread for definitive answers and reference.

What I mean by Too Powerful is simply a psychedelic-like experience. Utter madness. The third dimension? Gone. Life & Death? Nadda. You eventually just stop chasing these experiences and and appreciate life for what it is.

I did allow myself to share one of my latest experiences in the form of this short message:

Thanks a lot for sharing this information.

30 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Good luck, friend. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

1 minute ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Universe, are you listening? 

yes we are – if you would like to make another inquiry, please press 1 and stay on the line until our customer care worker is available. xD

@Muhammad Jawad Very resourceful approach to learning a rhythm! In fact, that's what I originally did.

@Muhammad Jawad Trying to match a particular breathing pattern can be good structure in the beginning. Some facilitators give breath samples during a session which can be helpful to mimic and get grounded. Yet breathwork goes waaay beyond that. There is deep mind-body-spirit awareness and intuition available. There are infinite mind-body-spirit breathing patterns. I’ve discovered about 20 so far. Most of them on my own during breath sessions. And within each, there are many nuances. Imagine playing a saxophone. There are many ways to play it. Each breath is a note in the song. 

Also, Leo’s breathing demo is just one aspect of breathwork journeys and one pattern. For example, it doesnt have warmups, cool downs and integration. 

6 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

What kind of ego backlashes do you experience?

The classics. I made a remark recently in the 100 Days Thread about this – here's the link: 

It's not like I'm living in that god-awareness permanently. When I return to my baseline consciousness, that's where I make my stand, poetically speaking, against the backlashes (and, of course, they cannot be solved at the same level they were created at.) More in the link above.

Edited by SirVladimir

7 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

yes we are – if you would like to make another inquiry, please press 1 and stay on the line until our customer care worker is available. 

I've been on hold for 35 YEARS DAMMIT!! ☎️

girl-1848477_640.jpg

1 minute ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I've been on hold for 35 YEARS DAMMIT!!

We understand your frustration. This response was generated automatically. If you would like to rate our customer service, please press 2.

Edited by SirVladimir

@Forestluv someone should make a full session training audio.  Warm up>peak> cool off. And of course encourage self discovery with it as well. 

2 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

We understand your frustration. This response was generated automatically. If you would like to rate our customer service, please press 2.

(devil voice ?) FUCK YOU!!! 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

44 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Tetany is due to changes of CO2 and O2 in the body. It is not dangerous and ok to breath through, yet when it becomes painful and distracting it can be counter-productive for the journey.

Right

44 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I experience tetany at times. It's usually due to pushing out the out-breath and out-breathing too fast. The out-breath should be relaxed and I slow down the out-breath if tetany gets strong. It's not just about breathing as hard and fast as you can.

Ok. Today I tried to exhale smoothly and did my practice for 30 mins and it went smoothly without any issue. So yes, you are right we can avoid tetany just by exhaling smoothly.

46 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

From what I read, it sounds like you are starting off intense and trying to maintain intensity. When using the Shamanic Breathing style, I like to imagine that I am climbing a mountain. I start off relaxed and easy and build up. As I get closer to the peak, I get more intense - like I am running to the peak - then I jump off and fly. Then, there is a gradual descent in which the breathing calms down. This is often the deepest zone of insight and experience.

Right. Nice Example.

48 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

You may want to do a session with an online group and facilitator. Angell Deer gives a good session each Saturday at 7-9pm NYC time (GMT -5). It's free (donations accepted).

Thanks a lot. I will try this.

50 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I'm learning that it's a balance between technique and letting go. There is some work and effort, yet also an effortless component. Part of Breathwork is letting go and imagination. If you are feeling some tingles, you are getting under the hood of rational thinking. Give yourself permission to let go and venture into the subconscious. 

There is no one rhythm. I've discovered about 20 different breathing rhythms so far. For me, a better intention is to find *a* rhythm. Importantly, to relax and the out-breath and have a circular breath.

Breathwork has definitely expanded my breathing capacity, yet that is just one form. I don't go into a session with an intention of maxing out my breath capacity. Starting out, it was more important to learn diaphragmatic breathing, belly breathing, lengthening breaths longitudinally, expanding side breathing and 360 degree breathing. At times there is mild discomfort and some effort, yet if it gets painful, I'm trying to hard and struggling - I pull back. When I'm working toward deeper breaths, I imagine my mid-section as a balloon expanding and deflating. I also imagine looking for a little more space on the in breath. And the out-breath is relaxed. 

Right....

4 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

(devil voice ?) FUCK YOU!!! 

Ya know what is fascinating? This hit so hard that I physically felt a hoarse roar reverberating from beyond the gates of hell. Whips of fire cantered round it like horses. Balrog-Gandalf style.

32 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Someone should make this and share it (: 

Ok. I will try to do that as soon as possible :-)