Hardkill

Ben Shapiro still defends Trump

33 posts in this topic

Ben is a huge Zionist, that why he loved Trump so much, what Trump was doing in the middle east was everything Ben dreamed about, like any sane guy knows that Trump is stupid, but he could be useful. 

Ben doesnt care about the USA that much, he cares about the kingdom of zion in Israel (while Biden doesnt give a fuck). 

28 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Just because he's a white boy who probably had a good upbringing?

Yes

41 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Not to mention his fast talking act to fool people 

I call it rapid fire cherry picking.  One criticism is that if you were to debate Shapiro, you could lose because he puts out so much falsehood in a short time span that you can't keep up.  You need to make many pauses and challenge him point by point.

One problem with persuasion is that it has nothing to do with truth.  The more truthful side could lose a debate to somebody who is good at tricking people.  Shapiro is a very skilled debater and he won many times, but he is not a good source of you are concerned with the truth.

This is what an INCREDIBLY smart person looks like. 

and a hero 

3146C93E-CAD4-4CBB-B21F-578184B3D757.jpeg

In a parallel universe somewhere 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Preety_India

He is a Jewish boy. 

what difference does it make?

Not to mention his fast talking act to fool people 

that's how he naturally speaks?

Edited by Yali

5 hours ago, trenton said:

I call it rapid fire cherry picking.  One criticism is that if you were to debate Shapiro, you could lose because he puts out so much falsehood in a short time span that you can't keep up.  You need to make many pauses and challenge him point by point.

One problem with persuasion is that it has nothing to do with truth.  The more truthful side could lose a debate to somebody who is good at tricking people.  Shapiro is a very skilled debater and he won many times, but he is not a good source of you are concerned with the truth.

Gish Galloping is the technical term. :) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Gish Galloping is the technical term. :) 

Yep yep 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Hes also very confident in his stupidity. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Hes also very confident in his stupidity. 

Just sell your underwater house to Ben's viewers. They are dumb enough to buy it ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Yali said:

@Preety_India

what difference does it make?

that's how he naturally speaks?

First, I want to clarify that it is dangerous to simplify a criticism of Shapiro to he is a jew.  It sounds antisemitic, and it is necessary to be more specific in your critics.  The problem is not Judaism itself, but the absolutistic worldview that arises from it.  You don't have to be Jewish, you could be a Christian, a philosopher, or someone who lacks self reflection.  Judaism is one way of building an inflexible worldview.

The consequences of an inflexible worldview include biased interpretation, moralizing, a lack of appreciation for the complexity of political issues, close mindedness, and in the case of Shapiro he under values the significance of his own emotions.  Although he was hyper disciplined in school, it does not work when attempting to build oneself into a hyper rationalist.  By thinking that facts are valued greater than his feelings, he becomes blind to his own emotional biases and becomes what he condemns.

Secondly, as for how he naturally speaks, this is a partial defense for his act to fool people.  The problem is when this is combined with a massive number of poor arguments in order to win debates.  This results in a disregard for truth which people can't catch if he overwhelms his opponents with bad arguments.  I just learned that gish galloping is the term. 

If you debate somebody like this, you need to be prepared for all of the lies and misinterpretations to debunk them in advance.  I don't think we should waste our time debating him because even if one person makes a good point, he goes on as if they never existed the next day.  There were actually many people who he spoke to in person that debunked his arguments about systemic racism and they may as well have been talking to a wall.

One of many was joe Rogan

I once heard someone say Ben Shapiro is a stupid person's idea of a smart man. I very much agree.

Edited by roopepa

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@Hardkill I watched most of the video you sent.  About 50 minutes.

First, Shapiro used the democrats agenda to impeach Trump as a means of overlooking all of the other legitimate charges against him that have been overshadowed by the riot.  Using the words "Russian nonsense" he appears to be unaware of the fact that there was a witness that the democrats failed to call forward who could have confirmed their claims easily.  Here is one of many of the impeachment charges.

Secondly, I think Giuliani is more obviously responsible for inciting violence, calling for "trial by combat".  I read through Trump's speech and did not find anything that directly incited violence, giving him plausible deniability.  I think Trump's banned Twitter posts would be relevant here, but I can't find them.  If they are recovered, maybe they should be used against him.  He expressed support for the rioters calling them American patriots.  Trump was also complicit in the insurrection by not calling the national guard.  If you are looking for incitement of violence, I don't think you can legally get trump just by the words before the riot.  Trump helping the rioters to attack the capital and kill officers is where Trump was silently responsible.

I think Shapiro's best argument was time.  Trump may have to be charged criminally after he leaves office instead.  Meanwhile, Shapiro is stuck in the original usage of the constitution.  The constitution was meant to be flexible in order to account for situations the founding fathers could not foresee.  I think the 14th amendment is appropriate and does not need to be limited to the civil war.