Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnel

On Leo's claims about Death

20 posts in this topic

Not sure if I understand what Leo means with immortality and Love after death. I can sort of see what he means by immortality because he claims that we are all god, therfore you cant actually truly die. I just dont understand where "I" exactly goes. Like, do I go to a realm with no form that has infinite love, or is there no councious experience. Will I remember this life when Im dead. Or is it arbitrary, since when this body is dead and there is only one councious experience. I just cant wrap my head around it. 

1 hour ago, Dunnel said:

i just dont understand where "i" exactly goes?

where are you right now? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

You can't go anywhere. Even if you travel to the other side of the universe, you're still at the same spot, the illusion just changes.

5 hours ago, Dunnel said:

I just dont understand where "I" exactly goes.

I'd start from investigating where is "I" right now, what is the source of "I"-thought (a.k.a. self inquiry;)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Was wondering if I could get a glimpse of this this without doing psychedelics or hardcore meditation. And I think I do, but mostly I have no idea what the fuck you guys are on about lol. Thanks though. 

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

@zeroISinfinity You don´t pass into the next life?

Have no answer on that. You do most likely. But I for sure know when I die I return always as this guy and not as dog same goes for Leo or whatever. 

So after actual enlightenment I don't really die and go into new life. Reason I don't know. Honestly I would like too. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

13 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Have no answer on that. You do most likely. But I for sure know when I die I return always as this guy and not as dog same goes for Leo or whatever. 

So after actual enlightenment I don't really die and go into new life. Reason I don't know. Honestly I would like too. 

@zeroISinfinity wtf? You mean you "replay" your life over and over again?

No no way lol I must be misunderstanding something 

@Dunnel there is nothing and there will never not be nothing, and so you are immortal 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

This is timestamped - mute it.

Loop this and play it and then watch without any judgement or any ideas about death at all.

What does Death mean to You?  What do you feel happens?  In your body?  Follow that trail of intuition.
"I don't know."
Keep it as open ended of a question as possible.
Let whatever answer comes up wash over you.
Feel for the Truth.
Everyone is Here, let them bring you Forward. 
Be as forward and present and open-hearted and honest as possible, until the interconnectedness of all things looks back at you.

You want to literally feel into your own death while keeping your emotions as level as you can.
Look it in the face.  Feel it's acceptance, and that you don't know.  
Let the presence of death wash over you instead.
No thinking.
This came out minutes later - I'm on a role with this - I think I am getting it, somewhat.

tenor.gif?itemid=15759453

Edited by Keyhole

Don't invest in the virtual.
Focus on yourself.

?

20 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@zeroISinfinity wtf? You mean you "replay" your life over and over again?

No no way lol I must be misunderstanding something 

No I don't mean that. When Leo dies on 5 meo he after formlessness returns back as Leo. 

That's Enlightenment /awakening. Experiencing your own actual death. 

What you think it is? 

Get this. Death will happen, but you will not experience it. Nobody can explain that to you any further. You either get it, or you don't. And anything said other than that is just thoughts.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

5 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

No I don't mean that. When Leo dies on 5 meo he after formlessness returns back as Leo. 

That's Enlightenment /awakening. Experiencing your own actual death. 

What you think it is? 

I mean when the imaginary body stop being imagined.

What will happen then.

Of course I know this are questions of the ego and God don´t really care.

4 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Get this. Death will happen, but you will not experience it. Nobody can explain that to you any further. You either get it, or you don't.

Why would you assume death in the first place? It's just some belief that humans talk about without any proofs.

I assume the dream of being in the body of @Javfly33 will end. I think it´s a pretty good assumption

I don´t assume death as non-existence since I can´t even imagine non-existence. 

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I assume the dream of being in the body of @Javfly33 will end. I think it´s a pretty good assumption

I don´t assume death as non-existence since I can´t even imagine non-existence. 

I edited that part out cuz I realized it's problematic.

But notice, you can't imagine neither death nor non-existence. That should tell you something.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 hours ago, Dunnel said:

Not sure if I understand what Leo means with immortality and Love after death. I can sort of see what he means by immortality because he claims that we are all god, therfore you cant actually truly die. I just dont understand where "I" exactly goes. Like, do I go to a realm with no form that has infinite love, or is there no councious experience. Will I remember this life when Im dead. Or is it arbitrary, since when this body is dead and there is only one councious experience. I just cant wrap my head around it. 

There is a paradox you’ve got to appreciate from a place of being lighthearted & humble in regard to what you’re thinking about, even though you can not understand what that paradox is right now. The more you focus on thinking about death, or existential thoughts, the more you’re heading to stress, if not already. The paradox is that you can’t “figure this stuff out” by thinking because that’s always just more thoughts. Your true nature, what “death” really is, is the right-now-awareness of the thoughts. Awareness is veiled by the very thoughts. More thinking equals more veiling, not more self realization.  It’s like a flashlight looking for itself in the light on the wall, it’ll never “find” it, it has to realize what it is by not believing it will be found on the wall. 

When you adopt a practice like daily meditation you are slowly over time letting go of the attachment to thoughts, and your true nature automatically ‘rises’, as expression and conditioning empties from the body mind. If you are in a hurry to self realize, to know truth, and you are feeling any resistance of that hurry, do yourself the self loving favor and listen to that resistance, and slow down. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s like a flashlight looking for itself in the light on the wall, it’ll never “find” it, it has to realize what it is by not believing it will be found on the wall. 

?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I was reading a new book from Ram Dass yesterday, where he compares his soul journey to a spiral staircase. He is standing midway, looking down at the selves that preceded his current incarnation. Looking up, at the top of the stairs, is him too, but as ultimate awareness. It resonated with me.

Ram Dass died in December 2019, at the age of 90. I wonder what his new incarnation is, or will be? The truth is that although it is possible to realize ourselves as infinite Consciousness that was never created or destroyed, the actual fate of our relative selves remains a mystery. Maybe the ancient gurus were right about reincarnation, but even that is just a belief. 

It doesn't actually matter. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to die before you die. Realizing the depthless ocean of Love that You are is the greatest gift you can give to yourself, or to any other relative self.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Maybe the ancient gurus were right about reincarnation,

something tells me that reincarnation is real, but who reincarnates, if there is no individual i right now, is an illusion created by thought. I would say that a pattern is reincarnated, a mold with the characteristics that you have acquired in this existence, but empty, without any memory but with very marked tendencies. your candle goes out and gives light to another candle that continues to evolve, but there is no i, only the cosmos incarnating

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

something tells me that reincarnation is real, but who reincarnates, if there is no individual i right now, is an illusion created by thought. I would say that a pattern is reincarnated, a mold with the characteristics that you have acquired in this existence, but empty, without any memory but with very marked tendencies. your candle goes out and gives light to another candle that continues to evolve, but there is no i, only the cosmos incarnating

From a karmic perspective, the trajectory of this self accumulates, like a snowball rolling down a snowy hill, and grows, according to the nature of itself. I feel that Consciousness bundles itself into infinite souls, and tells infinite stories, where each soul is on a hero's journey. The soul evolves, until it eventually Self-realizes, and ultimately dissolves back into the formless Consciousness that created it.

Hey, it's a lot more interesting than just staying formless, changeless, timeless, unborn, and unable to die.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.