Captain_Diabetes

Travelling helpful or a trap ?

13 posts in this topic

first post , 

came here to ask opinion , 

I travelled plenty but never longer than 3 weeks (thailand), I been planning a trip to Alberta And BC  and spend months in the mountains , (planning to buy a 4runner and just travel around exploring mostly exploring mountain peaks , at first I thought this is a good idea to focus on nature to sorta sit back and just go day by day and focus on nothing.  

but now im wondering if this is actually a trap by going looking when I know theres nothing to find in nature but it can actually be a set back by making me think I need to do this to find something ... or would it be fine as long as i remember that im doing this for enjoyment of being at peace and not searching for anything specific as that would 100% be a trap. 

any opinions welcome :)

Nature seems to be the easiest  place to switch on the “observer mode”. So why not. An adventure.

The answer to cure Your restlessness is not in the nature though. You have it with you;)

Why would travelling be a trap. Just Do it ... Stop overthinking it. 

If you're able to travel, don't waste the opportunity. I've been saving up for a while just so I can travel, & now I have to wait for corona. .. I literally can't wait.

Travelling is IMO is the pinnacle of self actualization. What else would you remember when your on your death bed other than the diverse beauty of the planet.

11 hours ago, Striving for more said:

Why would travelling be a trap. Just Do it ... Stop overthinking it. 

If you're able to travel, don't waste the opportunity. I've been saving up for a while just so I can travel, & now I have to wait for corona. .. I literally can't wait.

Travelling is IMO is the pinnacle of self actualization. What else would you remember when your on your death bed other than the diverse beauty of the planet.

id prolly remember the time i had two girls sucking me off at same time.. hngggggg 

but you are right i just meant trap because when you travel (moving around has its egoic way to trick you into looking for something as if you are missing something  and therefor need to find it by travelling)  but i think I have a way around not to fall into the trap and simply be aware that im not looking for anything inside me by travelling but looking at the now while travelling 

21 hours ago, Captain_Diabetes said:

but you are right i just meant trap because when you travel (moving around has its egoic way to trick you into looking for something as if you are missing something  and therefor need to find it by travelling)  but i think I have a way around not to fall into the trap and simply be aware that im not looking for anything inside me by travelling but looking at the now while travelling 

I was about to comment something along those lines. I think travelling can be very helpful to self actualization depending on why you are travelling. If you are travelling for more hedonistic reasons such as partying in foreign countries to get fucked up, solely for food and sex, or doing it to fulfill some impulse control you might have (but then again, maybe blowing off steam is what you need depending on where you are in your journey, idk its a case by case basis). But travelling with the desire to learn about new places and cultures, their history, their norms, their way of life,  figuring out how to be more independent and adaptive,  and finally taking wisdom from perspectives radically different from your own is a great way to develop yourself and open up your mind. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Just Do it ... Stop overthinking it. 

Enjoy yourself :) 

Last year I had an excellent opportunity to visit Costa Calida (it is in Spain). Actually I have never considered myself a fan of warm seaside kind of trip but this very experience made me change my attitude to that. Ancient Chinese were into contemplating nature which helped them answer some inner questions. After visiting Costa Calida and having seen what I have now I fully understand those people. I even found myself thinking that it would be awesome to live there but unfortunately good apartments (2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, 100+ m2) cost too much for me. About 200 000 euros. Hope that some day I will earn enough money to make my dream come true :D

La-Manga-Spain.jpg

@Captain_Diabetes everything depends of WHY are doing it, as with everything. 

Are you running away from feeling conditioned and judged by your current location? 

Sometimes moving may fix the issue. Others, it sticks with you untill your inner game is handled. 

Wherever you go, there you are. 

Are you filling the void inside, distracting yourself from emptiness by getting stimulated and occupied  going from here to there? 

Are you getting away from a toxic environment? 

Are you wasting your resources? 

Are you doing it to flex on social media? 

Ofc there are many positives that you can think of yourself

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

With everything pretty much its whether you're doing it from a sense of lack or not. If you're doing from lack it's like you need something from it, it's a means to get something or somewhere else in life, this can be for relationships, work, working out and obviously travelling. 

I think you seem to be aware of both dimensions and that's really an honest and realistic perspective to have. If you keep being aware and doing what you want to do because you want to do it then eventually it won't even be an issue. Remember as a kid when you just played with your toys it wasn't to get anywhere it was just to enjoy yourself l, the thought never even came into your head that you'd 'get anywhere'. Now as an adult that thought comes in, buts that's OK, you will transcend it as well, it's the process 

If you wanna go, go, I think it really is that simple. 

You will 'get' a lot out of it, but just going to enjoy the experience of travelling and enjoying life is why I'm going to be travelling as soon as I can! 

Also, you can meet so many new people, have new experiences, new ways of life, it's awesome. 

The real trap is being stuck in your small town & never getting out, or never wanting to get out, I think it's called Small Town Mentality. I mean settling down has it's place later in life for sure, but why would you not travel and experience the world while you can! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Majority of travel is indeed about looking for that moment of peace. You don't visit exotic places to see exotic beautiful places. You visit them because of the feeling you associate with seeing those places. Such as seeing a beautiful sunset above sea level that leaves you feeling fulfilled and complete. People are willing to climb Mt Everest for that feeling, descend 10 km under earth crust or just constantly look for new sex adventure. 

At the same time, there is a lot of life wisdom and life knowledge to be experienced. Seeing how other people live and seeing how less fortunate others are, humbles you and allows you to be more appreciative and grateful of what you have. It changes how you see things, changes your value system and can help move you on the spiral especially those stubbornly stuck in Orange can greatly benefit from experiencing foreign cultures and nature. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus