SamC

Please, help me Leo, I'm lost! - I know my LP but half of my ❤ says music!

25 posts in this topic

I have just finished the LP Course and It has been life transforming. I have discovered my zone of genius which is that I give people deep insights about themselves and the world intuitivly when I talk and discuss with them. I don't want to be a byrocratic life coach though, I want to be a public speaker who can answer peoples questions about this stuff really fucking good.

I love my L.P and I am also great at it but here is the thing - that's not the only thing that I love. I have beside this also discovered that I have a deep passion to play, sing and create music aswell. Like, I can sit for hours playing guitar and creating songs and it feels sometimes even more fun and creative than talking to people. I am for the record good at this aswell, but probably not as gifted as I am in my other ability.

I am unsure and somewhat confused about what I should do. Maybe I can combine it, but how can I give intuitive insights to people through music? And am I even good enough at this for it to be my zone of genius cause I am really fucking good at understanding people intuitivly. Like really good. Can I really have 2 zone of geniuses??

My impact statement is to give people hope through wisdom ( insights) and that can be done both by playing and creating music and by being a public speaker who can give people insights on the fly. Any thoughts or ideas what I should do? What are your recommendations? More research? Small best? Patience? Thanks for all your help and advice!@Leo Gura

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@SamC

There's probably a way to fuse both of them, you're gonna have to get creative. Or you can just keep music more as a hobby and less as a career.

Have you done a lot of public speaking? How did you come to the conclusion that public speaking was your LP?

1 hour ago, aurum said:

@SamC

There's probably a way to fuse both of them, you're gonna have to get creative. Or you can just keep music more as a hobby and less as a career.

Have you done a lot of public speaking? How did you come to the conclusion that public speaking was your LP?

Honestly I haven't done a lot of It. I like to talk and inspire people and have done that in school but to be fair, I don't know If that is my ideal niche. 

All I know is that I don't want to get locked up in a byrocratic system and that life coaching doesn't feel right. I want to do something else.

@SamC You can absolutely fuse them, there's so much crossover. An artist is in some form a public speaker. You can communicate deeply with people through music.

13 hours ago, SamC said:

Can I really have 2 zone of geniuses??

Don't think of it as two separate zones, you're further expanding and developing your zone of genius.

On 2020-12-12 at 6:54 AM, JohnD said:

@SamC You can absolutely fuse them, there's so much crossover. An artist is in some form a public speaker. You can communicate deeply with people through music.

True!

Don't think of it as two separate zones, you're further expanding and developing your zone of genius.

Hmmm, maybe. But I'm not sure if it can be like that. What I'm great at exactly is talking to people like you for example and than understanding and getting intuitive deep insights about you and the world which I than can share.

Edited by SamC

On 2020-12-12 at 8:37 AM, Hello from Russia said:

Why not create your own genre of music?

I have thought about that aswell but than again. That's a completely different life purpose than talking to people and giving them insights on the fly!

Thanks for the suggestion tho 

On 2020-12-13 at 10:19 PM, AtheisticNonduality said:

The main purpose of music is deep insight.

True but It's hard to do it intuitively.

On 12/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, SamC said:

What I'm great at exactly is talking to people like you for example and than understanding and getting intuitive deep insights about you and the world which I than can share.

Ahh I see. Have you done any work understanding collectives, or small group work? In my experience the ability to intuit insights of individuals translates smoothly to an ability to intuit insights of collectives.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:31 AM, SamC said:

Maybe I can combine it, but how can I give intuitive insights to people through music?

A lot of people get intuitive insights about their own lives from other people's music.  That's what good music is, it creates a resonance in others through a harmony of musical and lyrical content.  Really good music accomplishes it even more effectively than just talking to someone.

@SamC

I mean - just do both? I think that's the answer you are looking for

Nobody says that you have to do one thing and one thing only for the rest of your life, life is not one-dimensional, you can have hobbies, interests, just enjoy expressing yourself, don't listen to Leo, he's a squarehead

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

@SamC

I'm in a very, very similar situation. I have taken the LP course 4 years ago and thought I wanted to go after an art career (I wanted to give people a sense of purpose by showing how beautiful the world can be). But this shifted more and more; I've been feeling pretty unsatisfied although I've had some success and became quite good at it. Like some important part is missing. Now I'm taking the course again and it's becoming more and more evident that my 'real' passion is giving people deep insights about themselves through intuitive understaning (same as you), because I freaking love the feeling of doing this and helping somebody in that way, and I feel like this is my ultimate strength. And I think I still want to help giving them a sense of purpose, but more through helping them to actualize their own Life Purpose, but as a niche in the art field. So I'm thinking about coaching, writing, public speaking or even therapy. It's really confusing, but I feel like it's the right thing to somehow combine the two. I still really love art and it wouldn't feel right to abandon it. Exploration plus trial and error is probably the right (but scary) thing to do at this point. I don't know if this helps you in any way, but maybe it helps to know there's someone with a very similar problem. I'm currently feeling very lost myself, especially after thinking I've found my LP.

Edited by Siba
Forgot some important point

12 hours ago, levani said:

@SamC shouldn't lp & intuition go hand in hand ?

It should but fuck man, my intuition is telling me to do both. It switches, one day I'm all in music and one day I'm all in intuitive insights to people. It depends on what I do. Another factor is that I forget how much I love giving people insights cause I don't socialize at all and create more music. It's a confusing, but at the same time kind of fun beautiful situation. I love both things.

I think both is the answer 

9 hours ago, Haumea2018 said:

A lot of people get intuitive insights about their own lives from other people's music.  That's what good music is, it creates a resonance in others through a harmony of musical and lyrical content.  Really good music accomplishes it even more effectively than just talking to someone.

Super true! I love that. Thanks for your perspective! That's what my music intends to give people actually, and I think it can succeed in that. 

My lyrics is very deep and get to the bottom of a lot of feelings but a lot deeper than people usually go. My music reflects my LP in other words.

5 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@SamC

I mean - just do both? I think that's the answer you are looking for

Nobody says that you have to do one thing and one thing only for the rest of your life, life is not one-dimensional, you can have hobbies, interests, just enjoy expressing yourself, don't listen to Leo, he's a squarehead

Yeah man. Thanks for giving me what I wanted to hear lmao;).

This has honestly been my plan all along but it's still hard to commit to it. Sometimes it feels unrealistic and like I don't have the time to master both, which is kind of true in a way - but at the same time, it doesn't exclude the other one.

I will go for my main LP and than have this as a secondary one and see it as a hobby LP which can help me Express the other side of me aswell. Thanks for your perspective man!

1 hour ago, Siba said:

@SamC

I'm in a very, very similar situation. I have taken the LP course 4 years ago and thought I wanted to go after an art career (I wanted to give people a sense of purpose by showing how beautiful the world can be). But this shifted more and more; I've been feeling pretty unsatisfied although I've had some success and became quite good at it. Like some important part is missing. Now I'm taking the course again and it's becoming more and more evident that my 'real' passion is giving people deep insights about themselves through intuitive understaning (same as you), because I freaking love the feeling of doing this and helping somebody in that way, and I feel like this is my ultimate strength. And I think I still want to help giving them a sense of purpose, but more through helping them to actualize their own Life Purpose, but as a niche in the art field. So I'm thinking about coaching, writing, public speaking or even therapy. It's really confusing, but I feel like it's the right thing to somehow combine the two. I still really love art and it wouldn't feel right to abandon it. Exploration plus trial and error is probably the right (but scary) thing to do at this point. I don't know if this helps you in any way, but maybe it helps to know there's someone with a very similar problem. I'm currently feeling very lost myself, especially after thinking I've found my LP.

Yeah I get it, it's hard when you're a creative motherfucker;)

There are so many ideas, plans, interests and things that one can do. It's hard to chose. Cool to hear that someone else also also loves the thrill of understanding people to their soulO.o

Did you see this pattern If you look back to when you first completed the LP course? ( Signs that giving people insights was your main LP and gift?

Edited by SamC

11 hours ago, JohnD said:

Ahh I see. Have you done any work understanding collectives, or small group work? In my experience the ability to intuit insights of individuals translates smoothly to an ability to intuit insights of collectives.

Yeah that's true. I'm good at this aswell and it's also super fun. This is also a super interesting thing to learn more about! To understand organizations, society, the world aka the collective ego.:D

@SamC

39 minutes ago, SamC said:

Yeah I get it, it's hard when you're a creative motherfucker;)

There are so many ideas, plans, interests and things that one can do. It's hard to chose. Cool to hear that someone else also also loves the thrill of understanding people to their soulO.o

Did you see this pattern If you look back to when you first completed the LP course? ( Signs that giving people insights was your main LP and gift?

Yeah, right?! :D

Yes, I did. I thought I should do that with art though. Maybe because my whole life I wanted to be an artist and didn't want to give up on that idea. But only through going down that road I realized that this way is insufficient and not quite right for me. So I guess this is a good example of a life purpose morphing into something else through doing the process.