Meditationdude

Do you trust yourself?

16 posts in this topic

Do you fully trust yourself? All decisions and choices? 

I feel like on this journey to self actualization I hit a point where I don’t trust anyone but myself, and not in a neurotic way but true inner guidance coming through. 

Wondering if anyone else feels fully confident in themselves and how they present themselves in the world? Completely unmoved or shaken by what you think you “should” be doing or what you can’t control. 

Don't make sense.

People excel in different field. For example, a doctor prescribes medicine, a surgeon performs surgery, a teacher teaches, an aircontroller controls the movement of plane at the airport

Do you trust yourself so much that you will never see the doctor again? perform surgery on yourself, teaches yourself Maths and Chinese and aircontrol your own plane?

@Meditationdude That's actuallly what Stoicism was all about, precisely development towards that. I don't know if people are like that at all but me... far from it. I doubt/second guess myself all the time, within reason or otherwise. (I don't doubt my values but as far as decisions go I'm an overthinker.) 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I know I'm imperfect, but I also know I'm a fucking GOD, yes everyone is better than me, but everyone is also worse than me.

Why would I not trust myself?

"THE biggest mistakes are mistakes of OMISSION, not mistakes of comission, our biggest mistakes are not investments we made, but ones we did NOT" Warren Buffet

"There are two types of decisions, type one; small and mostly inconsequential, type two; big and very consequential. Make type one decisions as quick as possible because they don't make a difference either way. Type two think as long as possible" Jeff Bezos on not majoring in minors and minoring in majors, the main thing being the MAIN thing and thinking LONG term by focusing on the now (being cognizant of what type of decision it is)

"Mathematical modes of learning in complex environments suggest that THE best strategy is to spend 90% of our efforts EXPLORING, i.e finding and copying others who appear to be doing well. The remaining 10% of the time should be spent on individual experimentation and thinking things through."

Social Physics on how to learn using taking in massive amounts of input and THEN applying them.

“Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.”

― Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

@Meditationdude Yes.

But sometimes I got easily influenced. 

I feel like on this journey to self actualization I hit a point where I don’t trust anyone but myself, and not in a neurotic way but true inner guidance coming through. 

That was my beginning. Because everything changes except me. 

But I trust God and people who are better than me. 

Edited by Ibgdrgnxxv

@hyruga I trust myself to make the right choice on which doctor to see, what surgery to get, what medication to take, etc.. 

@Megan Alecia I second guess myself as well but not after I’ve made a decision. It’s clear to me what’s the best choice it’s just hard to follow it sometimes  

46 minutes ago, Ibgdrgnxxv said:

But I trust God and people who are better than me. 

@Ibgdrgnxxv See I don’t think there’s anyone else better than me out there to trust. It all comes from within and I see it clearly 

Are you convinced that your mind is completely free of external influences, corrupt education, false ideas and erroneous beliefs? Then trust it all you want.

I'm the only one I find, so yes by default ? 

But in terms of a story of a populated world, it comes and goes I guess. Like one said, I trust a doctor to treat me better than I would myself. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Isn't it really paradoxical. On the one hand, self actualization is about being oneself, knowing oneself, so you have to trust the self. Yet, one has to discard the self if one is to be one's self. Because life is a circle, one has to understand the both the extremities and accept it. I read chuang tzu's book about how if one is to walk the path of 道,one cannot fragment the universe. One must realize everything as a whole one thing. Although the materialism and consciousness seems paradoxical, it is actually one. He also said that when one confuses materialism as different from consciousness, he is only seeing one aspect of life, not the whole. Whatever it is, i know it's fucking confusing, but carry on with life. 

What do you mean by "yourself"?

If you can define "yourself", how would you define it?

Do I trust the mind? Absolutely not. LOL There is a lot of B.S. in there. haha 

I will always be open to people saying "You are full of shit". Always. Doesn't mean I will agree with them. But I will always welcome external guidance.

"Not taking feedback" is not a goal of mine. 

Trust comes naturally when you are awake. If trust isn’t easy, you’re doing something wrong. Of course I trust myself; I’m the “person” I gotta live with. Best to trust that!