communitybuilder

Definitive proofs that "I" am God.

40 posts in this topic

What seems to be happening is all there is -- God -- the infinite appearing as the finite; everything appearing as something; not-anything appearing as everything; perfection appearing as imperfection; timelessness appearing as time-bound; the ineffable appearing as the effable. All of these terms have the same inherent meaning. There are no limits/bounds on what is -- it doesn't even have to be what it is -- in fact, it isn't even purely what it is, it's timelessly what it isn't. There are no limits; everything is inevitable, and everything is not-anything. All understanding is not-understanding. God = is-ness.

Edited by The0Self

43 minutes ago, communitybuilder said:

Really interesting.

The mind likes to be interested. Free your mind and directly see. Refuse to worship any idols. Let go of the need for security in false beliefs.

The word 'water' is a useful means of communication amongst those who know water. The same is true of the word and the idea called 'God'...The reality which corresponds to 'God' and 'eternal life' is honest, above-board, plain, and open for all to see. But the seeing requires a correction of mind, just as clear vision sometimes requires a correction of the eyes.

Belief clings, but faith lets go...Our minds have been prepared for it by this very collapse of the beliefs in which we have sought security. From a point of view strictly, if strangely, in accord with certain religious traditions, this disappearance of the old rocks and absolutes is no calamity, but rather a blessing. It almost compels us to face reality with open minds, and you can only know God through an open mind just as you can only see the sky through a clear window.

To discover the ultimate Reality of life--the Absolute, the eternal, God--you must cease to try to grasp it in the forms of idols. These idols are not just crude images, such as the mental picture of God as an old gentleman on a golden throne. They are our beliefs, our cherished preconceptions of the truth, which block the unreserved opening of the mind and heart to reality. The legitimate use of images is to express the truth, not to possess it.

'Unless a grain of corn fall into the ground and die, it remains alone. But if it dies, it brings forth much fruit'...What religion calls the vision of God is found in giving up any belief in the idea of God. By the same law of reversed effort, we discover the 'infinite' and the 'absolute,' not by straining to escape from the finite and relative world, but by the most complete acceptance of its limitations. Paradox as it may seem, we likewise find life meaningful only when we have seen that it is without purpose, and know the 'mystery of the universe' only when we are convinced that we know nothing about it at all.

Alan Watts, The Wisdom of Insecurity

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

15 hours ago, communitybuilder said:

3. If my human consciousness POV is "everything / God / infinite imagination / all that there is," then where is everything else that I'm not currently experiencing from my human consciousness POV? Where are all of the colors, visuals, sounds, and emotions that I KNOW exist (since I've experienced them at other points in my life), but aren't in my current experience/POV? Seems to me like this proves that my human consciousness POV isn't nearly everything at face value.

You are God taking a winding path through infinity. Each POV in every moment is one part of the totality. You will experience everything. The other points in your life are ghosts in your current POV. Since every moment is outside of time (time is also a ghost), you have in a sense already experienced everything.

All stories and explanations are false.

God: "Could I be God? Hmmm... I doubt it. Let me ask some humans if I am God or not. Surely they must know."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, communitybuilder said:

Why do I not have an extremely high level of understanding, or even total understanding, of how reality / the universe works? If I'm 'God,' shouldn't it be easy to understand exactly how everything works, since I built everything / am everything? Shouldn't I have all the laws of physics, chemistry, computer programming, and the rest of the universe's information at my fingertips, with perfect understanding of how they all work? I definitely don't have access to even 1% of this today.

If God wanted to be a human, would it give itself access to these things? No, that would defeat the purpose of being a human. You wouldn't be human anymore if you were aware of these things. If God wanted to become a dog, it wouldn't allow itself knowledge on how the entire universe works while being a dog, or else it isn't a dog anymore.

why do I not have an extremely high degree of control over my reality?

Because "I" is imagination. "I" doesn't exist. You might as well ask, "why don't unicorns have an extremely high degree of control over my reality?"

where is everything else that I'm not currently experiencing from my human consciousness POV? Where are all of the colors, visuals, sounds, and emotions that I KNOW exist (since I've experienced them at other points in my life), but aren't in my current experience/POV?

You're imagining all of these things, until you experience them. And then, when you don't experience them, you're imagining it again.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God: "Could I be God? Hmmm... I doubt it. Let me ask some humans if I am God or not. Surely they must know."

????

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

6 hours ago, communitybuilder said:

@SamueLSD Thanks so much for this reply! This is really solid. On the whole, you answers make a lot of sense to me. Could you provide a link to the post that you're referring to?

By " mars " , I mean anything I am not experiencing. 

@SamueLSD  Regarding your last question, no, I don't know that other contents (colors, visuals, sounds) that I'm not currently experiencing exist outside of my current experience. The point I was trying to make there, was that if my current frame IS everything, then where is all the other stuff that I've seen before but I'm not seeing right now? Doesn't 'everything' (including all of that other stuff I've experienced at other times, along with a LOT of other things I've never experienced) need to be included in my current frame of consciousness, if it truly is everything?

This is a tricky one as I have only recently started to figure it out myself, and I have only have had glimpses of infinity so I'm not exactly talking from experience. I have managed to completely quench my sceptic thirst though with similar questions, so maybe I can answer in a way that makes sense to you.

Colours, objects, etc, have form. Consciousness is formless, infinite potential. It creates the illusion of form. Just because the mind isn't creating colour, doesn't mean that it doesn't 'exist'.

Infinite potential implies that all those things 'exist' now, however, like I said before, those things are only relative. People have reported seeing new colours, impossible shapes, unexplainable dimensions during different states of consciousness. You probably have had similar psychedelic experiences. Infinity implies, well, infinity. More than you could even imagine. Which is why Leo, understandably, tells you to smoke 5MeO. 

Remember - Time makes things seem as if they come and go, which is why you are asking this question. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't you know? 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

The fact that Nahm, and now potentially you (@inliytened1), are saying "no, there is not some human POV behind my username that is seeing/experiencing a different environment in right now" is kind of blowing my mind. 

See it this way. 

Maybe there is! But thought will not give you the answer. All we know of reality is mind, and it is a complete illusion. The 'other' will only ever be an assumption.

The only way to know the truth is to realise what is true:  that there is only THIS. Everything else is a concept / belief / thought.

But even THIS, your experience now, is much more than you realise. It is all NOW. Not before, after, there. Those are all thoughts that are happening now.

Here and now. 

8 hours ago, communitybuilder said:

**Are you having a conscious experience through a pair of someone else's (not James's) human eyes right now?**

Yes. Next? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are not grasping it yet.  Asking others are more stories.  Look at your hand and become conscious of what is actual.   At some point if you wish to awaken it must be done.

What if I find that boring? Am I doing it wrong??

Edited by 73809

9 hours ago, LastThursday said:

You are God taking a winding path through infinity. Each POV in every moment is one part of the totality. You will experience everything. The other points in your life are ghosts in your current POV. Since every moment is outside of time (time is also a ghost), you have in a sense already experienced everything.

Infinity has no limits. What you’ve described does have limits. If everything already happened, then that’s that. No infinity.

3 minutes ago, 73809 said:

Infinity has no limits. What you’ve described does have limits. If everything already happened, then that’s that. No infinity.

You have an extremely relative perspective on the implications of infinity. Time is a perception, happening, happened, happen, are one. 

Edited by SamueLSD

9 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

You have an extremely relative perspective on the implications of infinity. Time is a perception, happening, happened, happen, are one. 

If that is so, then everything is finite. Not infinite. 

31 minutes ago, 73809 said:

If that is so, then everything is finite. Not infinite. 

You are connecting dots that are not there pal.

The highest teaching of Shiva Sutras that is encouraged by the ancient teachers to begin first and if you can not cope with it go to lower ones is

Śāmbhavopāya. The first sutra is "Caitanyamātmā" meaning "The essence of the self is pure consciousness". The second sutra "Jñānaṁ bandhaḥ" is "Conceptual knowledge is the bondage to realize this".

This high-level teaching tells that you are God but uses different names for it thru out the scriptures aiming for you not clinging on a name which is also a concept. Shiva, Anuttara, Hrdaye, Bhairava just examples.

God is nothing in the sense of no-thing. It is not a thing. Neither a material substance nor an intellectual concept...

@communitybuilder you are god but god is nothing. In order to be god you must just be. You cant be god as trying to be something. You need to completely give up, even these sentences. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@SamueLSD - Thanks again for these additional insights! Really appreciate the level of thought and detail you put into your replies :)

@Someone here - Good to know! Appreciate the direct response and not playing games :)

@Leo Gura - Lol. I understand your point. However, my goal is NOT to prove anything by asking others - I'm just curious what people will say. It could help me better understand 'others'' perspectives, regardless of whatever their true nature is. I understand that this proves nothing though. I still find it fascinating that some peoples' answer is a flat 'NO' though. I remember Daniel Dennett saying giving the same response a while ago, and just figured he was trolling. Maybe I should take him at his word.

@Inliytened1 @Moksha @The0Self @LastThursday - Thanks for these insights. Will meditate more on these.

@James123 - Thanks! Sounds like 5meo dmt. I'm on it ;) 

38 minutes ago, communitybuilder said:

@SamueLSD - Thanks again for these additional insights! Really appreciate the level of thought and detail you put into your replies :)

@Someone here - Good to know! Appreciate the direct response and not playing games :)

@Leo Gura - Lol. I understand your point. However, my goal is NOT to prove anything by asking others - I'm just curious what people will say. It could help me better understand 'others'' perspectives, regardless of whatever their true nature is. I understand that this proves nothing though. I still find it fascinating that some peoples' answer is a flat 'NO' though. I remember Daniel Dennett saying giving the same response a while ago, and just figured he was trolling. Maybe I should take him at his word.

@Inliytened1 @Moksha @The0Self @LastThursday - Thanks for these insights. Will meditate more on these.

@James123 - Thanks! Sounds like 5meo dmt. I'm on it ;) 

God, Existence, Truth, Being... whatever you wanna call it, simply IS already the case. It's the thoughts and beliefs about it, both conscious and unconscious, that typically lead one astray from HERE.

IT is not provable, only Realizable, because there is no "other" to whom to prove. Being is Self-evident.

If someone feels they "must" do something (anything, really) specific before they can "realize" Truth, then they haven't Realized. As such, there is an ignorance of the a-causal actuality of Being.

I'm not saying that no one should "try" to find Truth; just saying what is already the case. To say it is otherwise would be to delude.

Having said all that (hehe), how one verbalizes Being/Truth/God/etc can often give clues that lead to a pretty decent bit of probability of whether that person really knows what they are talking "about/from"..... IF the one listening has been and/or IS HERE. That could take a little bit of discussion, probing, and pointing which all amount to what might be called "dharma combat". Such romps via the mind, can be like using finer and finer grades of sand paper to smoothen wrinkles in hard surfaces. As one comes to abide more and more as Being, realizing more and more when IT/Consciousness touches mind, clarity arises and it can shine its light on that constantly present (relative) darkness of the mind and its games.