28 cm unbuffed

Moving to NYC, United States

24 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@seeking_brilliance

I don't give a damn

Well .. then why did you even come here?

What do you want to hear? There's not even a real question in your original post.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

But how will you make a million dollars if you don't have a plan?

Do you have something which you would call your life purpose?
Moving to NY could be integrated into that I suppose. But I don't think that NY as the be all end all - so to speak as your sole life purpose - will gonna cut it.

my music

If you live outside the city and commute in, it would be much cheaper. Obviously I don't know your financial situation so I'm just answering for myself. I think living near NYC would be awesome

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

And again .. what advice exactly are you looking for here?

If you just want to go on a whim .. do it.
If you want to be strategic .. ask better question.

my music

Hey @28 cm unbuffed,

You seem very interested about staying at NYC - and of course, if that's something that you really want to do, go ahead.

This requires serious work, however. NYC is a big city with many people; you definitely stand a chance. 

I'd recommend that you take some time to think what your niche area is. Narrow it down. Once you have landed on the areas you want to work in, start applying. Sensing the urgency of your situation, and while I respect it, I would advice you to apply to as many jobs as you can - 50 to 60 jobs each day. You will get rejected by some, put on hold by some, and accepted by some. It's a trade. Keep doing this until you land a job. 

Now we come to the practical 'how' part of it:

Make a splendid resume. 

This is an example of the perfect resume according to Harvard career experts. This is the link: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/an-example-of-the-perfect-resume-according-to-harvard-career-experts.html

Craft it well. Sell your strengths.

Now, about how to go about applying, and the places you'd find the jobs.

These are the 10 best job search engines of 2020. This is the link: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/top-best-job-websites-2064080

Clear your mind. It is not impossible. It will take work. You do seem very excited about it, so put in what it takes. 

Then, build your communication skills. You can't be impulsive or hasty in your interviews. Watch a few videos. A book that I'd recommend is: Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis. 

It will help you with phonetics, grammar, vocabulary and sentence framing. 

If your interest has to do in the literature and communication side of things, keep two articles ready, for you will need to attach them. Polish them well.

Last, 

I do not know which field you come from --- if you belong to the field of science and have worked in the area of healthcare, please do apply. There is a dire need for people from that particular sector. The chance is comparatively high.

All the best,

Hope this helped. 

NYC is a very expensive place and very rude people in general. 

People are constantly commuting. 

I don't like that place. But hey if you like it then try anything to get there 

Maybe your friends can help. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Straight up, don't do it.

Go watch some Youtube vlogs from average people who actually live in New York.

Japanese tourists experience a massive disappointment when they go to Paris so frequently that there's a name for it - Paris Syndrome https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_syndrome

I have a feeling that if you carry through with it, you're going to experience "New York Syndrome" along with similar symptoms.

At least do yourself a favor and visit for a few weeks before you fully commit to moving to make sure it's really what you want. Do you even know which borough you want to live in?

@28 cm unbuffed  Good luck! I know that feeling. I personally think New York City is equally magical and terrifying, which adds to the magic, but I've only visited as a tourist. Gotta stay focused on your dreams though. Don't force it, stay focused and look for signs to guide you there. There might be something even more magical on the way to getting there you'll want to experience first. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I lived in NYC for 3 months, and its dooppeee.

BUT

Youre gonna work and belong to a broke ass class of people who in no way can get anything special because well someone with more money will get it first. 

Oh wait, did you queue in line already? Yea thats a lot of fun.

Smog?

Nice

Crowded subway? Nice

But besides that, its great. Try it. But its not worth a Million Dollars.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Some great advice above was

• Go there for a month and see if you like it

No need to base whether you will like New York on pure speculation, do an experiment, see once the initial novelty wears off if you will still enjoy it, it seems like hedonic adaptation will kick in but yeah see if it's better than where you are now

Also, don't work on symptoms, but the root cause of issues

Edited by AlphaAbundance

@vibv Yeah, I already got a purpose, I completed Leo's LP Course, so no worries, I got this.

@seeking_brilliance I can't even imagine how awesome that will be ^^

@vibv That was just "out of inspiration, a lot of emotion, fuaaark I gotta do it someday" kind of post

@xxxx  Thank you a lot, I will use your advices one day, but for now, first I gotta find a way to move to USA first and also be able to stay here (I'm from Poland). Anyways, thank you and much love <3

@Preety_India Don't know about people there, but USA is like a dream world for everyone in Poland, it's not like in 90's for sure, but still - it's like time travel

@Yarco I understand everything that you are saying here, but I was using my rational and logical mind for the most of my life and this "autism" didn't really get me anywhere. Not my intention to offend you here or anything - we are all energy and energy is our guidance system,.

When I think about moving to New York the feeling is so strong and I'm so certain of it, like I was never certain of anything in my life.  Don't get me wrong - I will probably visit it to check it out first, but I don't think it will ever change my decision. Heart, intuition, call it what you want, but I have to get here. It's my first real big dream in my life.

@mandyjw Yeah, it's that magic, that I'm looking for!

@UDT Thank you man :)

@AlphaAbundance  As I already replied to @Yarco - I will visit it first for sure, but I don't really think it will change my decision in any way.

3 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Don't know about people there, but USA is like a dream world for everyone in Poland, it's not like in 90's for sure, but still - it's like time travel

When I think about moving to New York the feeling is so strong and I'm so certain of it, like I was never certain of anything in my life.  Don't get me wrong - I will probably visit it to check it out first, but I don't think it will ever change my decision. Heart, intuition, call it what you want, but I have to get here. It's my first real big dream in my life.

In my opinion you seem to be buying the marketing hype. America and New York aren't as magical as you seem to believe. In fact New York is having a lot of problems recently, 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/

If you want to move to NY, you can, try to plan it out a little bit, just do it, see what are the results, come back if it doesn't work for you after a year or even 3 months and that's my advice.

Edited by Bojan

i was like you when i was 12, i thought the u.s. is the greatest ever

then i went there with 13 and the poverty there shocked me, tons of homeless etc.

still a nice place, great nature some beautiful cities, but very different from hollywood movies etc. imo

haven't been to nyc though