Someone here

Why can't we solve world hunger?

43 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Willie said:

The answer to the question is greed. Purely egoic. Solving world hunger is as simple as everyone surrendering their ego.

how is that simple? that's not going to happen 

I've been to Yemen back in 2018. 

It has a high contrast with its neighbouring country. 

f2dbaa0d199da1d51664a582bc66ec33.jpg

yea on of them is ^^

the other not

12 minutes ago, Ibgdrgnxxv said:

@PurpleTree Saudi Arabia is blessed with Mecca and Medina. A blessed land and a focal point of the world. 

yea i think karma might not be very nice to them at some point

they exported a lot of extremism, wahabism to other countries etc.

driving golden cars and throwing money away while their neighbours are dying of hunger

beheading as a capital punishment

executing women for witchcraft

bullying yemen, bombing civilians etc.

Edited by PurpleTree

17 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

yea i think karma might not be very nice to them at some point

they exported a lot of extremism, wahabism to other countries etc.

driving golden cars and throwing money away while their neighbours are dying of hunger

beheading as a capital punishment

executing women for witchcraft

bullying yemen, bombing civilians etc.

I think they also donate a lot to neighbouring countries. 

Apart from that, I don't know. 

I thought Yemen was internal war. 

Beheading is a Sharia Law. Cutting your hand if you steal. Stoning. 

Edited by Ibgdrgnxxv

20 minutes ago, Ibgdrgnxxv said:

I think they also donate a lot to neighbouring countries. 

well yea i certainly hope so

2 hours ago, datamonster said:

I think many people are unconscious of all these. Like intentionally planning the world. 

Maybe let people simply live their life. 

Edited by Ibgdrgnxxv

It's impossible. The whole human civilisation is built upon hierarchically enslaving the poor, and nobody, even the poor would want the current system to collapse.

Think about it, if everyone could have all their needs met, why would a human work for another? The reason why hierarchies are possible in the first place is because of unequal distribution of resources. If we all were equal, we'd all become lazy and society would collapse, or we would start to enslave each other once again, and we'd be back right where we started.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

7 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

The reason why hierarchies are possible in the first place is because of unequal distribution of resources.

Wise thinking, but I'd say it goes deeper than this. Why is there unequal distribution of resources? Because there's unequal power relationships. And why is that? It's deeply rooted in our psychology, just look at most animals, monkeys, chimps, lions, etc they are unequal too, inequality's been around way longer than humans have. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

3 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

Wise thinking, but I'd say it goes deeper than this. Why is there unequal distribution of resources? Because there's unequal power relationships. And why is that? It's deeply rooted in our psychology, just look at animals like monkeys, chimps, they are unequal too, inequality's been around way longer than humans have. 

Yeah I totally agree, however I'd speculate that something like invented value such as gold and money and all that started innocent and got corrupted with time due to unconsciousness. What do you think?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

My limited knowledge is that money started off by using special shells & other natural things to help with trading, so yes I guess that's innocent enough. But I bet it didn't take long for people to start stealing, mugging etc to get their hands on it. Then people need protection from the muggers and protection rackets etc can start up.  Gold - well you can find a little bit of gold lying around in streams but then when it built up to larger scale mining and smelting it needs organisation and bigger groups of people  - so maybe that's when the hierarchy gets started. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Set up a monthly subscription / donation. A dollar is in this case is worth more than thinking. (Thinking & progress happen hungry or not). 

In my experience this is a very selfish thing to do since once I did it, it helped me let go of guilt I had around money and then I just made a whole lot more of it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

13 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

In my experience this is a very selfish thing to do since once I did it, it helped me let go of guilt I had around money and then I just made a whole lot more of it. 

so making money is a bad thing and people should feel guilty for it?

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

so making money is a bad thing and people should feel guilty for it?

No, the opposite, I was saying I did feel that way but donating to an organization helped me let go of those thoughts and feelings, guilt about making and having money, etc. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

No, the opposite, I was saying I did feel that way but donating to an organization helped me let go of those thoughts and feelings, guilt about making and having money, etc. 

alright :), it confused me because you said it's such a selfish thing

which is generally seen a something "bad" especially in a topic about world hunger

28 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

alright :), it confused me because you said it's such a selfish thing

which is generally seen a something "bad" especially in a topic about world hunger

I'm an Abraham Hicks fan, she talks about the importance of being "selfish", and I realized there's no self so, acting Selfishly is counterintuitively good. It's really about taking radical responsibility for your own thoughts, experience and perceptions of things. That's how we best serve the greater good, rather than trying to make our self, fit into the box of what is self proclaimed "good."

Edited by mandyjw

You can't substitute nature for money. When the time comes the effect will be felt by all.

Including human nature.

All those muslims that you see would have to pay their zakah (alms giving).

Edited by Ibgdrgnxxv

14 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

how is that simple? that's not going to happen 

Agreed.

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Set up a monthly subscription / donation. A dollar is in this case is worth more than thinking. (Thinking & progress happen hungry or not). 

I already chip some money in the local organization of helping homeless.. Orphans and poor people. However these individual efforts and helping organizations don't seem to solve the issue on a deep level. As Leo said it's a systematic problem regarding how underdeveloped these countries are. The only long-term solution is for these poor countries to develop. Which is not going to happen in the next generation of the following one. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I just wonder if I'll see a stage green revolution in my life time or if it's going to be one long battle out of blue/orange :\

There is just no quick solution to this. Life is too complex 

Like Leo mentioned, it will take hundreds of years

Edited by tricksntraps