Leo Gura

Why People Hate You When God Is Love?

53 posts in this topic

Just now, Preety_India said:

@PurpleTree so you don't want democracy? 

What do you want exactly? 

what do you think i want? 

i said it in this topic

6 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

what do you think i want? 

i said it in this topic

So are you against democracy? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

So are you against democracy? 

hmmmm nope, i do care about it

all i want is that those politicians, armies, interest groups, lobbies etc. stop using democracy and freedom as buzzwords and reasons to go to war

when in reality they don't care about those things, they only care about money, power and geopolitics

Edited by PurpleTree

Ya'll think Obama aka the father of the drone strike is green? Aight 

On 11/21/2020 at 0:47 PM, Axiomatic said:

Ya'll think Obama aka the father of the drone strike is green? Aight 

You understand that a drone strike was a replacement for sending a cruise missile or a squad of troops, right?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You understamd that a drone strike was a replacememt for sending a cruise missile or a squad of troops, right?

More or less, if i'm not mistaken, Obama bombed something like 7 countries, so it's a littel different because of the increase in scale.

Again, i can be wrong but i believe sending troops requires congress approval, with his drones Obama basically bombed whoever he wanted to.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You understamd that a drone strike was a replacememt for sending a cruise missile or a squad of troops, right?

If we’re not going to be anti-war here, okay. But what’s with all this leeway with Democrats. Obama increased drone strikes from Bush, didn’t end the wars, went after whistleblowers etc

@Joel3102 Could the increase in drone strikes be correlated with an increase in technological capacity? I dont know, but Obama was president for 8 years after all, from early 2000s to basically 4 years ago, guess there was a lot of developement in automated technology.

I'm guessing Bush is drooling over the military technology of today.

8 hours ago, Joel3102 said:

If we’re not going to be anti-war here, okay. But what’s with all this leeway with Democrats. Obama increased drone strikes from Bush, didn’t end the wars, went after whistleblowers etc

There's always gonna be some targeted strikes happening. That's just how American empire operates. And some of that might be necessary. It's not a Democrat or Republican thing.

I don't consider keeping a small contingent of troops in an area a war. The low amount of troops we have now in Iraq or Afghanistan is not a big deal. They could be helping the area from breaking out into a bloodbath. This is a good use of military.

The reason these troops are not pulled out by Dems or Republicans is because the military advisors tell them both that doing so would lead to reckless instability in the region. And that could well be the case.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The problem with the argument most people make for the US not being the planet’s s police is that it fails to take into account how such a situation arose in the first place, why it still is and the ramifications of a suddenly the US had its military cut into half and no longer played the role over the course of say one presidential term. It’s not as simple as just cutting budgets and taking troops home. Sure, an audit could be performed and cutting the budget of the military is needed but it isn’t as simple as brining troops home. The balance of power I think is something people take for granted. 

I'm inclined to start another thread about the leftist criticisms of Obama's actions and how it depoliticized people. What do you all think? I'll start with this if anyone is interested:

https://apnews.com/article/5dfbc1aa17701ae219239caad0bfefb2

I want to clarify that I'm not trying to target Obama specifically, and I have worst things to say about any Republican president, but it's important to be able to have systemic and results oriented criticism on a president that has been mystified as an example of our highest expectations for a politician (and not specifically from Leo, but as a mainstream opinion). I'm not trying to claim some kind of moral high ground, but politics should be  about being able to effect systemic, long lasting results partly by analyzing the failures of this attempts.