Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Practice Thread

133 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@louhad Red is cognitively incapable. "Can't fix stupid."

Dont underestimate the wits of Stage Red. Hitler fooled an entire nation didnt he?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Rilles And how would Red see global warming?

What global warming

As a Red person from North:

1.One word: Fucking awesome! Maybe the next summer will last longer than 10days.

2.That´s not good.. If the winters are getting warmer it means; there is a great risk that people around here are becoming pussies. Cruel cold winter teaches our people to stay tough. 

12 hours ago, Mr Being said:

Blue or Orange stage on relativism:
"haha relativism is so stupid, because its self refuting, if relativism is true then truth is not relative and therefore relativism is false. checkmate relativists."

This sound very much like yellow perspective on green.

Stage Purple.

We came into this land a thousand years ago, and millions of years before that the spirits came into this land. And a billion years before that God came into this land and became everything and became one with the land. But now, the new creatures, the devil spirits, have arrived and crushed our homes. They do not speak our language or the language of the spirits though.  They have killed us and stolen our lands and our women. And they have also killed our spirits and replaced them. They do not understand magic. They only understand war. They only understand fire.

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Stage Purple.

We came into this land a thousand years ago, and millions of years before that the spirits came into this land. And a billion years before that God came into this land and became everything and became one with the land. But now, the new creatures, the devil spirits, have arrived and crushed our homes. They do not speak our language or the language of the spirits though.  They have killed us and stolen our lands and our women. And they have also killed our spirits and replaced them. They do not understand magic. They only understand war. They only understand fire.

Whats the topic?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

14 minutes ago, ArchangelG said:

Yep, Green is . . . special . . .  in that regard since the people above and below it can call it out.

21 minutes ago, ArchangelG said:

I don't know about yellow, but someone with common sense would see the magnificent value of relativism instead of calling it stupid, and would integrate relativity within frameworks of absolutism and hierarchies and energetic systems. 

23 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I don't know about yellow, but someone with common sense would see the magnificent value of relativism instead of calling it stupid, and would integrate relativity within frameworks of absolutism and hierarchies and energetic systems. 

Didn't call it stupid. I merely agreed with a yellow discription of green limitation.

Green says "nothing is absolute, everything is relative". But that statement in and of itself is absolute. 

46 minutes ago, ArchangelG said:

Didn't call it stupid. I merely agreed with a yellow discription of green limitation.

Green says "nothing is absolute, everything is relative". But that statement in and of itself is absolute. 

IMO the statement "haha relativism is so stupid, because its self refuting, if relativism is true then truth is not relative and therefore relativism is false. checkmate relativists." assumes logic is more correct then relativity. But that's relative to what you believe ;) whose to say that "if relativism is true then truth is not relative"? You're using a logic law called excluded middle to justify that relativity is self refuting. Whose to say that logic is true ;) Why can't it be both true and untrue? Or false and unfalse?

So that logic of self refuting one upping relativity is itself stupid ;)

IMO relativity's biggest flaw is false equivalencies. If you're stupidly relative, you just assume everything is of equal value and therefore lose the common sense capability to rate different arguments as being better then others in certain contexts. Sometimes capitalism is better then communism, sometimes certain races are better then others within certain contexts, sometimes new age is better, sometimes religion is better, it depends on the scenario, and relativity fucks that up.

Although I'm not gonna use logic to justify my argument, because I don't believe in it. Sometimes logic is good, sometimes its not. In this context, logic aint good.

This isn't related to SD though, I don't know much about SD or representing it, I'm just saying how it is from my personal spiritual contemplation. I'm derailing the thread a bit so, I'll leave this message as is. 

Edited by electroBeam

Different people meeting a New Age girl.

Beige: Approaches cautiously and searches for food.

Purple: Begins acting strangely and believes they have contacted an oddly dressed spirit of some sort.

Red: "I wonder if you do it for free."

Blue: "You do know you are opening yourself up to sin when you dress in an . . . excuse me . . . promiscuous style and open yourself up to demonic possession with all this paranormal satanic stupidity. You need to re-think your life. You need a real and I mean real relationship with the real God. You can't go crazy with this sort of thing."

Orange: "That's just woo-woo gibberish, you fucking weirdo. There is no evidence for anything spiritual or mystical. Yes, I've had experiences that have felt spiritual or mystical to me, but they are not spiritual or mystical because I do not believe in that sort of thing. You are cute though."

Green: "Down with the system! Yes, we can overthrow Trump together. Woah, woah, woah, that right there is cultural appropriation."

Yellow: "That's not like your relative opinion man."

Turquoise: "We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, and life is only a dream. Here's Tom with the weather.

Coral: "Here's God with the weather."

Orange on Post-modernism and "Gender is a social construct":

The problem with post-modernism is that it has internal self-contradictions. If you say that there is no such thing as truth, how can that statement be true? It just ends up betraying all forms of logic and rationality, which makes it totally useless. Also, gender is not a social construct. It's a biological fact. If you're born with XX cromosomes, you're a woman, and if you're XY, you're a man. It doesn't matter what you think you are. Biology is biology. Truth is truth. 2+2=4. Q.E.D.

These postmodernist SJWs are not living in the real world. They want to replace the real scientific definitions of words with fake ones based on emotional reasoning. If you change the definitions of words, then nothing means anything anymore. I can just say I'm a toaster and then everybody will have to agree with me because "muh feelings". Beliefs and feelings over facts and truth. It's religious thinking and low IQ behaviour. 

Reason, science and secularity is the reason why western civilization has the highest standards of living in the entire world. Postmodernism and SJWs will lead to the destruction of the western world as we know it. It's a cancer and it must be stopped. We must ban all anti-science SJW propaganda from the universities to protect the values of the Enlightenment. Self-refuting arguments should not be allowed to get free roam over our intellectual institutions.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

quote-i-ll-have-those-niggers-voting-dem

Stage orange: the pragmatist ? 

LBJ was a paradoxical figure that I've never been able to wrap my head around; surely someone doesn't commit thier whole professional political career towards helping the less fortunate purely out of pragmatism, right? I always kind of had the impression that his Civil Rights reforms were more of a means to an end to garner support for the Social Reforms and Poverty Reduction Programs that he believed in, rather than out of a sincere desire to help black people.

I say this because I don't really have a good way of squaring LBJ's sincere stage Green egalitarianism with his stage Blue personal racism. Interesting to note that he had alot of Orange or Red vulgarity as well (it wasn't uncommon for him to hold White House meetings from inside of the bathroom while taking a dump).

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts I've heard LBJ was an imperialist and a racist too, but he was efficient and non-ideological (in some ways that he was able to do good/not like the Republicans and corporate dems today)

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Rilles And how would Red see global warming?

THE GLOBALISTS ARE COMING FOR YOUR BABIES!

Jk.

Red on global warming: 

1. What does that have to do with me man? I'm just here keeping it real, trying to live my life, and that's just how it is. If you mess with me, I mess with you. Global warming? Pfft, I don't see no warming, infact it was snowing yesterday. Explain that to me.

2. Listen to me: if I say it's getting warmer, it's getting warmer. If I say it's getting colder, well damn it's going to be a new ice age up in here. I'm the fucking boss, you hear me? I run this motherfucking show, bitch. Do you understand? If you think you can intimidate me with some hocus-pocus talk-talk smartass bullshit, then why don't you try saying it some more? Hmm?! Thought so.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Stage Orange on Religion (Specifically Catholicism/Christianity):

"Its just a bunch of non-sense. Christians, Catholics spend all their time worshiping a God that doesn't even exist. Where's the evidence that 'God' exists? Show me some concrete evidence that God exists, then maybe I'll believe that your God exists. If not, then he doesn't exist, period. Its ridiculous, you go to church, then they collect money from you at the end of the service. Did God up above tell us that he needs money? Its stupid, whoever runs the churches are just there to profit off the sheeple."

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

From what I've seen (at least in America), Red tends to see Climate Change as a hoax, and when questioned about it they will proceed to send you a link to Conspiracy Video on Youtube made by some dude with a beard sitting in a truck.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

8 hours ago, DocWatts said:

From what I've seen (at least in America), Red tends to see Climate Change as a hoax, and when questioned about it they will proceed to send you a link to Conspiracy Video on Youtube made by some dude with a beard sitting in a truck.

That could be Blue aswell because there is atleast the potential of caring about other people than yourself if it happened to be not a hoax ("I would care if only it wasn't a hoax"). It gives a veneer of being a principled person who values integrity. A stage red person will flat out say he doesn't care. They have no transcendent principles other than strictly self-serving ones. They won't have an incentive to see it as a hoax (although they can still hold it is as a belief).

Edited by Carl-Richard