QandC

There is No Distance

123 posts in this topic

Is there anything ever off topic?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 11/10/2020 at 10:06 PM, QandC said:

I mean... there is nothing between you and the object you look at. And if you use  another object in front or behind for comparison then that object just becomes a part of the field of visual perception. It might be smaller or bigger, and the resistance of the mind (top down processing) will want to claim that ”the other object is supposed to be bigger/smaller and therefore there is a distance” but you can deny that thought too.

perhaps this gives new meanings to "flat earth". perhaps flat earthers just don't know what they are trying to say :D

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance If only they would walk fast enough, eventually they would meet themselves ;) 

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Just now, Moksha said:

@seeking_brilliance If only they would walk fast enough, eventually they would meet themselves ;) 

They will fall in the abysm at the border of the earth, they will fall into the void, finding themselves.

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@QandC Beautiful realization, friend! It works the best for me when I stand in front of a mirror. Don't get discouraged by the noise on the forum. Keep probing the present moment. You're doing great!

Edited by SirVladimir

I still don’t get it

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@seeking_brilliance I haven’t but when you said it, something made click.

That means that we have all the sensations that we are moving in a 3D environment but in fact, like in a game there’s only a flat screen in reality. 

I think I got in now.

:)

6 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse i won't say if that's true or not, but it's definitely my experience as far as dreams go. 

It makes sense. Thanks @seeking_brilliance  anyway is something we can’t really talk about, because talk implies duality but is a good analogy, right? 
?

12 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@seeking_brilliance I haven’t but when you said it, something made click.

That means that we have all the sensations that we are moving in a 3D environment but in fact, like in a game there’s only a flat screen in reality. 

I think I got in now.

:)

Try to feel that objects comes towards the visual field and that there is literally nothing outside of the visual field.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@abrakamowse i enjoy discussing fan theories, dont you?  It doesn't ruin the show, and it's alot of fun.?  Of course if you are prone to getting distracted by fan theories, rather than the enrichment-- then by all means, forget about them. In the end they are just noise. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

What about people wearing a pair of spectacles or contact lenses to see the far/near objects which is in a distance? 

@Saupahar what if vr games got so advanced, that they could make the character have failing eyes and one of the goals is to make enough money to pay for eyeglasses. Then, once your character can properly see, it becomes easier to accomplish many of the other tasks available in this first person game. 

7 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Saupahar what if vr games got so advanced, that they could make the character have failing eyes and one of the goals is to make enough money to pay for eyeglasses. Then, once your character can properly see, it becomes easier to accomplish many of the other tasks available in this first person game. 

What if we could make a vr game, where all our senses were synchronized to the character, all the thoughts and memory too.

Before playing the game, we put past memories in the character, and we also create a sense of time so the character can feel a sense of progression.

To make things spicy, there is an implicit rule which says that the character has only one life, and that it will lose it for sure in 60-80 «years».

Just imagine how real it would feel !

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Shin alright, but am I allowed to remove the headset whenever I want? 

The whole point of the game is forgetting there is even a headset ?

God is love

And God in them

@Shin yeah but what if I remember... Can I take it off?  It gets stuffy in this heavy thing.  Of course anyone can go ahead and do the 80 years without remembering, might be a neat experience... 

This is all hypothetical, right? ?

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@Mikael89 Sigh... threads about women's legs... 

mind your own business, buddy

- Enter your fear and you are free -

@Mikael89 Awww *pet pet*. Don't worry, we don't judge <3

- Enter your fear and you are free -