lmfao

What's the solution to braindead cancel culture?

19 posts in this topic

The reason I'm thinking about it. Some professor at my university sided with a TERF on some debate on twitter, and now people want him to lose his job. People hadn't even seen what he wrote, or what the debate was, but they knew they wanted this guy to lose his job ( someone anonymously said on a community page they found a professor doing this, but didnt give any more details than I've stated in this post)

Had a discussion with someone in the comments. They think that If a doctor or teacher is 'transphobic' (to them this will mean that you think sex=gender) they should be fired. Wtf is that bullshit? By that logic you could fire half the muslim immigrant doctors in your country.

I'm a lefty, anti-prejudice to all minorities. But when I see this braindead stuff, I lose faith. People are incredibly stupid. Like idk if 90% of people are literally capable of stage yellow. Educated or non educated, it doesn't change that much. They just become more competent parrots for some ideology. 

What's the best way to calm cancel culture? What's the pathology going on? These people are mindless robots who gather in mobs of support when you push the right emotional buttons and say the right buzzwords. 

These people are mindless robots who gather in mobs of support when you push the right emotional buttons and say the right buzzwords.

I know this applies to other political groups as well, but I'm curious about this phenomena of cancel culture specifically. I'm familiar with dealing with dysfunctional blue and orange, but not for dysfunctional green so much. It gets on my nerves a lot when communalism is a proxy for maliciousness, a type of hypocrisy that annoys  me. 

Seeing these two extremes between fascist Trump supporters and whimp snowflakes who want to cancel everything. Does nobody think for themselves? Left or right, most people act like they're computer programs. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

3 minutes ago, lmfao said:

What's the best way to calm cancel culture?

There isn't, most peoples way of "calming" things is needlessly antagonistic and actually reactionary. They are ignorant to the fact we're going through a painful growing process collectively as a society from Orange into Green (generally speaking). This includes some of the ugly parts of Green like oversensitivity and sometimes misplaced wrath coming from a place of righteousness.

It's all just par for the course. The best way to deal with it is simply step out of the way. Soon enough it will all be over and we'll be in a better place. This doesn't mean you have to pick the side of cancel culture and blindly participate in it either, just remove yourself emotionally and appreciate the bigger picture here.

Judging by your language here you're triggered, which means your boots are on the ground when really you should be up in the air observing calmly.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I think Roy answered with precision, focus on developing your self and learn how to enjoy the dance.

In the past we had to have the holocaust to learn the problems of the Blue vMeme, is it so bad to have to cancel a few people to learn the problems of the Green one? I don't think so. And yes, some people may lose their jobs wich is sad, you can try to help them, but don't think you have to, nor that you have to succed, it's all part of the dance.

@Roy

1 minute ago, Roy said:

It's all just par for the course. The best way to deal with it is simply step out of the way. Soon enough it will all be over and we'll be in a better place. This doesn't mean you have to pick the side of cancel culture and blindly participate in it either, just remove yourself emotionally and appreciate the bigger picture here.

Judging by your language here you're triggered, which means your boots are on the ground when really you should be up in the air observing calmly.

True, very good advice. Just gotta let it go. I think cancel culture triggers one of my core traumas or fears, which is mob mentality. The idea of being lynched by a mob with group think, or being oppressed by group think. And so I get angry when I see it happening to others. That people are so unfathomably dumb. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Cancel culture is just ego backlash. Might as well ask what the solution to ego backlash is. The answer is self-development, but we live in the dark ages of self-development right now. Napoleon Hill had to hold out on publishing his book Outwitting The Devil for 70+ years because his society was simply not ready for such a discussion, they would have killed him.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

16 minutes ago, Lews Therin said:

In the past we had to have the holocaust to learn the problems of the Blue vMeme, is it so bad to have to cancel a few people to learn the problems of the Green one? I don't think so. And yes, some people may lose their jobs wich is sad, you can try to help them, but don't think you have to, nor that you have to succed, it's all part of the dance.

True, I guess it's all apart of the process. I'm just amazed by the diversity.

We have psuedo-fascism on one hand, yet these cancel culture people are so unpragmatic and disconnected from what's required to heal. But just gotta accept the war going on. 

---

@Osaid Sounds like a good book 

Edited by lmfao

stop overblowing it is a good start. very little of this going on and it's mostly propagated by the right which doesn't want to get called out on their racism. 

12 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Sounds like a good book 

It is. Imagine if Leo's video on the Devil was turned into a book. It's all about how the ego works and deceives you.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Cancel culture is laziness and fear. We are all susceptible to two. It's also fundamentally a lack of creativity; to create you must have courage. On the flip side, you cower and obey and join the rest of the herd. 

Noticed the fact that when Biden started to dominate the election results every right wing forum or comment section started invoking similar phrases / herd codes like Soros or even 'stop the count' then resorting to phony skepticism (he's not president until its legal) after Biden was elected? That's the kinds of scheme that their egos make. And that's 71 million people; the other side wasn't looking so good either. 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Keyhole Good reminder, thanks

37 minutes ago, Megan Alecia said:

Cancel culture is laziness and fear. We are all susceptible to two. It's also fundamentally a lack of creativity; to create you must have courage. On the flip side, you cower and obey and join the rest of the herd. 

The way I see it, censorship often shows a lack of trust.

It breeds so much mistrust.

To assume any utterance of any "bad" word or phrase is indicative of malicious intent, means that one walks thinking everyone has malicious intent.

The level of mistrust in a room in a language controlled one, vs a free one, is night and day. 

I want to be in a room where there is real honesty and acceptance, not this fake shit from the woke crowd. 

Just kidding, the only problem is Soros and his zionist friends ; ) 

@Osaid noted friend. 

Edited by lmfao

Cancel culture is a way to get rid of racists from society 

Racists discriminate and do not allow black or other colored people their basic rights. 

A Muslim woman running a bakery can be harassed and made to leave the place or quit her job 

A Transgender individual may be told to leave a place. 

An Asian woman jogging and exercising in the park was told by a white woman to go back to her country. 

A black man trying to take out trash was hold by a white woman to not go to the dumpster and that he doesn't belong in the apartment. 

These are examples of racism that stop colored people from doing even the most basic tasks in everyday life.. 

Cancel culture is a voice to protect these people and ensure Equality. 

Why should a person have the authority to tell someone that they don't belong in a park or they should go back to their country 

A white woman tells a black man that she will call the cops simply because he is bird watching in a park. She also calls the cops. 

Cancel culture is a good way to teach such people a lesson that they cannot stop other people from exercising their basic and fundamental rights and they have to be respected as humans. 

I'm sorry but to be fair those who get canceled invite it on themselves. They create their own problems. If they are going to be racist and unfair to others then don't expect society to be fair to them either. That's injustice 

They are not getting canceled for nothing. They are attacking other's rights to live and their self esteem by discriminating and dehumanizing them then they should also be ready to face the consequences. 

You(third person reference) don't get to create your own problems and then bitch about it. 

If racists don't want the consequences of racism, then stop being racist. 

Cancel culture is a term misused by right wing media to make it look like some crime. 

It's not a crime. It's a punishment. And racists need to be punished because racism is a crime. If the punishment looks like a problem, then stop committing the crime.. How about that? 

You(third person reference) can't take away someone's basic rights just because they don't look like you. 

Only by punishing a racist, you will see a decline in such incidents. It's already happening. By shaming them in public and causing them to lose jobs, people have become more aware of the consequences of being openly racist. 

Of course racism will exist in their hearts, that won't change but at least the victim of racism can be protected through such punishments. 

If a person doesn't wish to be canceled, then stop doing things that harm other innocent people because they are not at fault either and don't deserve to suffer humiliation or racism. 

You can't have your cake and eat it too!!

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 hours ago, lmfao said:

Seeing these two extremes between fascist Trump supporters and whimp snowflakes who want to cancel everything. Does nobody think for themselves? Left or right, most people act like they're computer programs. 

Better parenting + institutions making lines in the sand and sticking to them + so called stage green people getting cancel culture turned on them enough times that they grow up a little. I've seen many people ignore cancel culture or support it until they themselves or their friend got cancelled, only then did they wake up to listening to the other side, like Anna Kasparian from TYT.

Jonathan Haidt makes good points about this. Essentially it is a combination of young people being coddled and becoming extreme because of social media, combined with political polarization.

Edited by Raze

7 minutes ago, Raze said:

Better parenting + institutions making lines in the sand and sticking to them + so called stage green people getting cancel culture turned on them enough times that they grow up a little. I've seen many people ignore cancel culture or support it until they themselves or their friend got cancelled, only then did they wake up to listening to the other side, like Anna Kasparian from TYT.

Jonathan Haidt makes good points about this. Essentially it is a combination of young people being coddled and becoming extreme because of social media, combined with political polarization.

Unfortunately for most people there must be some real event in their own  life before they see how bad it is, not to mention that most of them don't care , just fake acting, or some imagination with their self tap on should with caring feelings. 

I can't forcefully make people see things, those sort of expectations don't work. I need the mentality of speaking from my truth rather than trying to show someone how they're retarded, because I'm retarded by engaging at the level of trying to prove them wrong

Don't worry though, I'm well aware of "which side" I'm with overall. Can't get attached to the bickerings of people or every incident. I get annoyed by this stuff because for whatever reason, some of these snowflake types are the perfect key to trigger me, ironic when I criticise them for the same thing. 

When people resort to emotional hysteria and tribe mentality, like I see with niche cancel culture folks, that's my shadow as something I dislike greatly. Don't get it confused, the emotional hysteria and tribe mentality of conservatives pisses me off as well. But the particular flavour of this small niche crowd of fanatics is a trigger. 

At the end of the day I'm very individualistic in temperament and am skeptical of my own and other's emotions. Because our emotions are often fake, and we all lie like hell. It serves well for truth and spirituality but not so well when it comes to this tribal shit.

Edited by lmfao

@lmfao cancel culture has been overblown by the right media. You have simply fallen for this narrative. 

In reality there are far more cases where people don't get canceled where it's best if they get canceled. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 hours ago, lmfao said:

Left or right, most people act like they're computer programs. 

They are.

@lmfao It's fighting based on ideology. People are literally taking away each other's jobs over what the other person said, let alone what they believed. This is worse than fascism, because at least fascism is enforced from the top-down. If a fascist leader goes, the fascism will go away, but here, the people are trying to go for vigilante justice. Justice for no crime whatsoever other than saying something stupid on social media. They're literally hurting other people over ideology.

The solution to this would be for people to dis-identify with their mind and to realize that you cannot capture the truth in your ideology or your mind. They need to realize that the truth does not need defending. When that happens, they will stop defending 'the truth', they will stop assuming they have the truth and they will admit they don't know. Then, they will rely on the appropriate government bodies to do their job and give justice that way.

(Damn, now I see why they project the attitude of vigilante-justice on conspiracy theorists. All of this is projected onto conspiracy theorists. Now I understand Leo's video on conspiracy theories. I think Leo lumped it in with cancel-culture in his video.)

Another solution - start calling out snowflake-like behavior. I cannot tell you how much of a weakling snowflake you have to be in order to take someone's job because of some racist thing they said. This is insanity on a level never seen before.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

If you see that they try to cancel somebody who doesn't deserve it, try to speak up

If someone deserves it, that's fine

I don't think the climate of fear of being cancelled for saying the wrong thing is productive to discuss and come up with solutions to complicated issues that society faces and if they go at science that's just mostly silly and problematic. (even though leo goes at science too :) )

I've read somewhere that cancel culture is another issue which is magnified by algorithms just like conspiracy theories, division etc.

10 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

If you see that they try to cancel somebody who doesn't deserve it, try to speak up

If someone deserves it, that's fine

I don't think the climate of fear of being cancelled for saying the wrong thing is productive to discuss and come up with solutions to complicated issues that society faces and if they go at science that's just mostly silly and problematic. (even though leo goes at science too :) )

I've read somewhere that cancel culture is another issue which is magnified by algorithms just like conspiracy theories, division etc.

Yep. The algorithms and etc might be a big problem.

The people I happened to find were actually insane, and it's unfortunate that it's only the crazies who speak. I obviously won't link the social media thread for the sake of anonymity.

They're just children. They unironically tried to tell me "transphobia" (thinking sex=gender) is not even an opinion and got angry when I referred to such people as having their own points of view or opinion. 

They said that if someone THINKS sex=gender they shouldn't be able to work as a doctor or teacher. Doesn't matter if the person is respectful and professional with the trans people in their class. Most people have that level of respect for another person. But nope, they want this1984 orwellian shit. And the crazy thing is, they get all the likes and support for saying that. 

By their own logic, they could fire half the Muslim immigrants who work as doctors. But they conveniently ignore those points I make. 

Their logic is retarded. Why don't we fly to Africa and fire every sexist doctor? We'd cleanse the world of sexism! 

For extreme SJWs, the females are animus possessed, the males are anima possessed of the extreme SJWs. When a female is animus possessed, they become inflexible and rigid. And these simps and beta males, they see angry female and submit. 

I'm not making this situation up. A fat bald dude who's only posts on their profile are literally about Star Wars, Communism and Che Guevera quotes is telling me that I'm complicit in the murder of trans people because I don't want a professor to lose their job over an innocuous twitter argument. This guy is a walking reddit post. 

---

I've learnt things for in the future now. If I see something unfair happening, I'll speak up. I just won't bend or play their games and get dragged down to their level of dirt. You know what they say about wrestling with a pig. 

A lot of normies are scared to say anything. I'll lyse, and lie around, their echochamber, so at least there's someone saying "fuck off" to them. Because they are disconnected from reality and cause harm. 

Edited by lmfao