The Obedient Listner

[+18 & Very Scary] Fucking Dangerous!!

17 posts in this topic

As days passes by, I am starting to realise how cheap our life really is.

Huh.. Where do I even start? ..  16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala?

I will make the assumption that you are aware of what's going on around the globe. How FUCKING disgusting this world really is. 

I gave up religion when I turned 15. It was a realisation that this faith consisted of hoaxes and legends. At least back then there was a warm feeling of security and meaning in life. Being an atheist was really tough for me, it literally was and still is heart-rending so to speak. Then I found you guys talking about something called "spiritual enlightenment". I am 18 at the present moment. It depressed the SHIT out of me, just like the last time when I realised that God's benevolence wasn't real.

I'm no longer depressed, or at least I want to think of myself as such.

I've lost a sibling, lived in poverty and now struggling with studies & career.

My social life is really poor. I don't even talk to my father [Called the police on him once]. 

I just want to know.. why hustle?

Why seek success?

Why try to find a soulmate?

Why even bother to thrive in this rat race?

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT OF LIFE ANYMORE!?

No drama folks, I don't want your pity or sympathy and I know I should man the fuck up and stop whining like a kid.

I just wish that somebody who's wise enough comprehends the situation and gives me a direction.

Appreciate any comment/criticism/advice.

Edited by The Obedient Listner

I can relate to you about saying you got depressed when hearing about enlightenment. I was depressed for 2-3 weeks (very depressed). But after I started thinking more and more (mental masturbation), I don't remember exactly what happened, but fundamentally I just had to trust that I could find meaning in life and escape my depression. (There is a big emphasis on the word TRUST.)

Aside from that, maybe it'd be better if you didn't concern yourself so much with enlightenment and focused on how you could in a step-by-step process grow, create and organize your life. After all, enlightenment is a REALLY advanced topic-it's the pinnacle of personal development. Think about getting your basic shit in life together-your health, finances, creating more room in your life by slaying away your problems one by one, etc. Lastly, it's critical to keep in mind the whole picture of your life in terms of time (today, this year, 2020, 2050 etc.) and know that it will be very slow in the following years because just like a car (or any object really) you need to start getting momentum before you can begin to rich high speeds with your life.

2 hours ago, The Obedient Listner said:

Asking this is usually because you're thinking about what you can get from life and your wants & desires 

and when you don't get what you want, then you think, "well what's the point?" 

even if you don't know what you want anymore, you feel unfulfilled in some way, so again it's like "what's the point, there's nothing here and I'm not getting fulfilled in any way" 

Useful advice may be to try to connect to pure consciousness, then life stops being about your needs and wants, it's just beautiful by itself, whatever is

for example, practice...

• non-judgement throughout your day 
  • mindfulness, meditation and silent being 
  • cultivating love and acceptance 

2 hours ago, The Obedient Listner said:

As days passes by, I am starting to realise how cheap our life really is.

Huh.. Where do I even start? ..  16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala?

I will make the assumption that you are aware of what's going on around the globe. How FUCKING disgusting this world really is. 

I gave up religion when I turned 15. It was a realisation that this faith consisted of hoaxes and legends. At least back then there was a warm feeling of security and meaning in life. Being an atheist was really tough for me, it literally was and still is heart-rending so to speak. Then I found you guys talking about something called "spiritual enlightenment". I am 18 at the present moment. It depressed the SHIT out of me, just like the last time when I realised that God's benevolence wasn't real.

I'm no longer depressed, or at least I want to think of myself as such.

I've lost a sibling, lived in poverty and now struggling with studies & career.

My social life is really poor. I don't even talk to my father [Called the police on him once]. 

I just want to know.. why hustle?

Why seek success?

Why try to find a soulmate?

Why even bother to thrive in this rat race?

No drama folks, I don't want your pity or sympathy and I know I should man the fuck up and stop whining like a kid.

I just wish that somebody who's wise enough comprehends the situation and gives me a direction.

Appreciate any comment/criticism/advice.

There is no point in life, just as there is no true center of the universe. Once you truly transcend the need for life to have a point, you will experience firsthand the infinite unconditional stone-faced love of the thing referred to as God, even in the midst of the chaos. God is not just good. God is all: good, bad, and ugly. God is the girl that got lynched, the people who lynched her, the rope that was used, every tear cried, every drop of blood shed, and every horrified bystander (such as yourself). 

The thing to understand about having direction, despite life being objectively  pointless, is that human beings are all fundamentally seeking one thing: happiness and fulfillment. So, go in whichever direction will bring you the most long-lasting happiness and joy. Don't worry about finding a meaning or a point or anything like that. Those things are just the measuring sticks of the human mind. They don't really have any reality outside of the human intellect. Treat this life in the way that a child treats a trip to the playground. It doesn't have to mean anything... just go learn and play. Don't try to rationalize the importance and significance of the playground... just play.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Now the fun part begins getting out of your existential crisis :)

Memento Mori

@PetarKa  Thanks mate, your insight is really useful. I totally agree with you.

People in my circumstances should work on the basics rather than being impatient and jumping to something that they can't handle, enlightenment in this case. Personally, I need to get momentum in life as you've said. I wish I could find the holy grail of motivation. How can I remain persistent while life is hitting me with crap constantly?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Saarah I'm very grateful for your feedback. Your speculations and ideas are valid.

Absolutely! When you don't get what you want, you start to ask this question. There are so many experiences I wish I had. Not being able to participate in cheerful affairs made me miserable, thereby resenting life.

1 hour ago, Saarah said:
  • non-judgement throughout your day 
  • mindfulness, meditation and silent being 
  • cultivating love and acceptance 

I would consider those to be a brilliant set of pacifications to extinguish the aforementioned resentment.

But that's it. Painkillers to calm you down. It doesn't give meaning to life. It doesn't inspire me to pursue a big goal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Emerald Wilkins I appreciate your input. There's no doubt that you are light years ahead of me in self-development and consciousness. So I will not dare to argue with you.

However, I still find it hard to accept that there is such thing as "infinite unconditional stone-faced love". How can this remarkable leniency be real and you have those heartless barbaric savages who killed the girl with no mercy or second thought? They are now among us, roaming on Earth. 

A friend of mine sent it to me. The girl was almost my age. It just struck me. I am killing myself for self-improvement and that's how cheap my life is? Why even bother?

Maybe if I lived in a different world where justice exist I wouldn't have asked this question. Life is unfair which discourages me from persisting.

I have literally lost my motivation to persistently seek my immature dreams and I am feeling so empty now.

Play and learn, huh? That's it? Is that life? I can't help but to perceive our world with utter disdain.

"I have literally lost my motivation to pursue success and i am feeling so empty now"

Dont worry about this. Success is a joke. Do you see any animal striving for success?

read that line again and think about what success means to you.

For me success doesnt anymore mean money, achievement, girlfriend, family, friends etc. all the values society and media gives you.

For me success nowadays means peace of mind (i have a lot to do here still) and being good to other people.

If you are trying to success from place of compulsiviness, whatever you achieve will not make u happy

Edited by Richard Alpert

22 minutes ago, The Obedient Listner said:

@Emerald Wilkins I appreciate your input. There's no doubt that you are light years ahead of me in self-development and consciousness. So I will not dare to argue with you.

However, I still find it hard to accept that there is such thing as "infinite unconditional stone-faced love". How can this remarkable leniency be real and you have those heartless barbaric savages who killed the girl with no mercy or second thought? They are now among us, roaming on Earth. 

A friend of mine sent it to me. The girl was almost my age. It just struck me. I am killing myself for self-improvement and that's how cheap my life is? Why even bother?

Maybe if I lived in a different world where justice exist I wouldn't have asked this question. Life is unfair which discourages me from persisting.

I have literally lost my motivation to pursue success and I am feeling so empty now.

It's hard to zoom out enough from the personal to pick up on the love. But from what I've experienced, everything is one thing and the nature of that one thing is love. It's as though the entirety of reality is "crafted" out of love itself. This becomes self-evident when we can see things in a non-dual way that is unattached to the personal. The ideas we have about love as human beings are mostly about personal preferences, pleasure seeking, pain avoiding, and attachment. But these are short-sighted ideas of what love is and rely heavily on make-believe ideas like significance, meaning, value, and having a point. These are more akin to admiration and trying to get somewhere. So, we see things as good/evil, significant/insignificant, worthy/worthless, pleasure/pain, creation/destruction, up/down, life/death, big/small, good/bad, etc. But these are all false dichotomies based upon illusion. That said, I personally prefer a world that has a minimum of suffering and a maximum of happiness. But these are just preferences and have nothing to do with reality. Reality is always perfect, every second. There is nothing ever wrong with it. It is what is and what is, is love. But it doesn't help to actually experience this love too much to know intellectually that it's there. But it helps me to remember that the love is always there when I start to slip into existential crisis mode. I'm lucky in that I've experienced it before, so it's reassuring. Existential crises are just another part of the personal development path. You will always run across them. Just keep yourself on track and don't get discouraged. If happiness and fulfillment is what you're after, just keep digging and you'll eventually come out on the other side. But the dig itself is very emotionally uncomfortable... but totally worth it.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Richard Alpert Thank you for the response!

That seems to be true. But we are the most intelligent of all known creatures. So maybe it has to do with our prevailing consciousnesses? Also, can't we consider evolution as a form of success?

When it comes to other creatures, what's your saying about the hexagonal beehive patterns? These are the most suitable shapes in regards to space, resilience and the rest is here: Why do honeybees love hexagons?.  

That's a form of success, isn't it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Emerald Wilkins You left me completely speechless, I don't know how to thank you!

What you have just shared with me is extremely dense with information. So I took note of it. I have also added - The Diamond Net - to my self-development plan. After all, I am just a newbie who has just started the journey.

Yeah, it was so subtle, that I couldn't even tell my own existential crisis. As you've mentioned earlier, perhaps it's a sign of progress. This outlook on love is completely new to me. Nevertheless, it gave a colour to my life. ^_^

6 minutes ago, The Obedient Listner said:

@Richard Alpert Thank you for the response!

That seems to be true. But we are the most intelligent of all known creatures. So maybe it has to do with our prevailing consciousnesses? Also, can't we consider evolution as a form of success?

What do you say about the hexagonal beehive patterns? These are the most suitable shapes in regards to space, resilience and the rest is here:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QEzlsjAqADA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's a form of success, isn't it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Emerald Wilkins You left me completely speechless, I don't know how to thank you!

What you have just shared with me is extremely dense with information. So I took note of it. I have also added - The Diamond Net - to my self-development plan. After all, I am just a newbie who has just started the journey.

Yeah, it was so subtle, that I couldn't even tell that my own existential crisis. As you've mentioned earlier, perhaps it's a sign of progress. This outlook on love is completely new to me. Nevertheless, it gave a colour to my life. ^_^

The current evolution is a tricky thing. We have more resources than ever, but at the same time the system and technology is sucking out humaneness from people. Mental illnesses are rampant.

First of all this is basically to do with your emotions. Let me show you a technique because you likely have no clue how many unnecessary actions you perform. Like a blind man in the dark. 

If done properly, this exercise can increase your caliber of focus and help you to avoid exaggerating about everything. Often times the mind becomes wrapped up in its emotions and views of things, so what tends to happen is an exaggeration based on strong emotion which leads to responses to each of those emotions further resulting in chaos in the everyday life.

So the exercise is to engage in physical movement during calmness, and to disengage physical movement during a more than fairly active mind. If you do not pay attention completely, you may find yourself confused. This is to demonstrate just how much work it takes to have a complete balance. Upon calmness, you must engage in physical movement. If, during your attempt to physically move during calmness, you respond almost immediately with much psychological activity... respond with physical rest. Also, if, during your attempt to become rest during much psychological activity, you respond with calmness (which is psychological) engage in physical movement. You will find how quickly this process works, so the best way to begin is to lay down or sit comfortably. Start with this as an exercise until you get the groove and then begin at more intense levels of activity.

This is based on Miyamoto Musashi's advice, “Both in fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. Even when your spirit is calm do not let your body relax, and when your body is relaxed do not let your spirit slacken. Do not let your spirit be influenced by your body, or your body be influenced by your spirit.”

Experiences build an understanding of how things truly are. Have you ever had that moment when someone smiles and you can't help but notice you can almost literally see the happiness in the smile as though it were there? That is a hallucination which is meant to explain what the situation may involve. It is not something to be immediately trusted. The same thing happens when you hear music and you associate an emotion with it. The fact is, emotions aren't always proportionate descriptors. Strong emotion doesn't equate with convincing truth. That is the reason people still practice futile traditions and hold opinions (lies people choose to be comfortable calling the truth and are only almost convinced of). With every emotion or experience of that sadness or happiness you can almost see combined with a frown or smile and for every song you hear that you associate an emotion with... consider this: 

... animal instinct is formed rather rapidly because pain or pleasure is of the first things a newborn develops an opinion of. I had to learn as a baby almost immediately that no one would ease the pain of not breathing when I came out of the womb, and I learned that pain was not profitable because of agony which was also not profitable. Thus I learned about profit and non-profit and loss almost as soon as I came out of the womb. By exercising and writhing about squirming and exercising my muscles, I learned to breathe which felt profitable. Thus I practiced this method of breathing. However, a person can please a crowd and make allies by going against that instinct and holding their breathe (which is pleasing if you can sit through a chokehold from the "dominant dog").

So, experience builds understanding of things. You (of your own doing) use your mind to find things which correlate to it so that you can build an understanding of new experiences. This is what flavors your reactions and responses. Because you experienced the act of rebellion and felt a rush you compared to something profitable, you can learn to rebel. You can even rebel against sense and simply no require an explanation for your opinions and thoughts. You can rebel against everything you ever thought proper and not require any reason. You can actually reshape your will by going against it (which turns into a new will). The fact is that experience builds understanding, the mind uses the understanding like a map to understand new situations and old situations, and those things you see and hear are always only likely and most probable explanations of everything. I believe empathy is impossible. But nearly accurately empathizing is possible. 

Now, the most deceptive concept I have ever heard is that someone can get to know someone's personality. People are always changing. The explanation of the baby is an example of that. This is why Bruce Lee said something along the lines of learning being a continuous process in his book "The Tao of Jeet Kune Do". My experiences taught me options which gave me an array of choices out of which I chose or did not choose. I learned new options by both not choosing the latter options or choosing the latter options; yet each experience caused me to change.

I recommend investigating many things (kind of like batman did if you know that he willingly became subject to horrid conditions during his personal studies so as to build experience and become a more fit individual); gaining new experiences which will build your character and help you sharpen the accuracy of those hallucinations which detail probable explanations and details about that which you see, hear, feel, taste, and smell. I recommend not taking for granted the moment in between stimulus and response (free will) by immediately trusting those offered probabilities and instead further investigating, which will flavor you with experiences and help you more accurately perceive and make decisions; placing you near the top of the food chain among the society of existence in general during the survival of the fittest.

3 hours ago, The Obedient Listner said:

Yeah, it was so subtle, that I couldn't even tell my own existential crisis. As you've mentioned earlier, perhaps it's a sign of progress. This outlook on love is completely new to me. Nevertheless, it gave a colour to my life. ^_^

I'm glad that it was helpful to you. :) Thank you for supporting my channel too. 

Emotionalmastery.org

you are a hero and you are on a heros journey, with obsacles and monsters and boses and a holy grail in the end. This moment that you reached right now is maybe one of your boses. Its here to test if you really want to achieve what you want in life, its here to test your resolve, how badly do you want to achieve what you want in life. Its compeletly up to you to overcome it if you want.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@The Obedient Listner Don't watch all this crap on tv, youtube or in the media. You have to realize, it's all about you. Your experience!! Your life. This may sound very selfish and ignorant, but you can't do anything about a girl in Guatemala. Fall back on yourself and your own experience. 

Edited by David1

The meaning of life is simple, it's living. Take a look at various insects/animals/plants/cellar level life, their purpose is just to follow their algorithm, they use their bodies to their capabilities. same goes for every herbivore/carnivore/omnivore etc.

a bunch of dogs run around eat and sleep, humans are programmed to think otherwise they might feel like they are superior to the rest but it's quite neutral as it is, there isn't any meaning to it it's just the assignment their level of brains that give in to such illusions.

Just live and do whatever you want, your life is a distraction until the day that comes where you will die, like the rest of the universe.

Edited by khalifa