Jayson G

"perfect daily routine" but not working as hard :/

21 posts in this topic

can someone help me figure out where I'm going wrong in my daily routine?

My current journey is spending a few years in business to become financially independent. I'm trying to make every habit in my day somehow up my productivity in business. 

This is what my day looks like:

Morning routine: 30 mins total of yoga, wim hof method, and meditation, 10 mins to get a glass of water, 30 mins exercise, 1 hour making a healthy breakfast + listen to an audiobook, 1 hour get ready, all in all this takes 4 hours cuz i take short naps in between and sometimes it gets stretched out cause of logistics 

Then I do 6 hours/day Monday to Friday of work = 30 hours/week. 

2 hours in between for "productive breaks" for recharging. 

On a weekday, I usually don't have time for anything else. I do think I waste time on social media a few hours scrolling Tik Tok and sh** or texting friends, but that seems hard to change right now. I can try to fix that. 

But I don't know where else the time goes, and by the time the weekend comes I really need that recharge. 

Now the crazy thing is that I'll be accepting a job doing 40 hours per week soon. 

How in the heck am I going to do 40 hours per week of job, and 20 to 30 hours per week in business, when already my day feels packed?!? loll

And I don't think I can remove any personal development habit either. I need that meditation routine, and all that stuff for health and just being in a good mental state. 

Thoughts on how I can improve my routine for work productivity? 

Former Tik Tok influencer starts a Life Mastery University.

Seems like your morning routine is a bit much & overwhelming you.

2 hours for breakfast & getting ready? Couldn’t you like pre make a breakfast a few days in advance & shorten your time to get ready? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

10 hours ago, Jayson G said:

10 mins to get a glass of water

What!

Do you get your water from a well? 

lol

@LfcCharlie4 Yes it's definitely overwhelming to be honest. My purpose of the routine is for it to energize me, but I end up being a bit sleepy after it all so I nap 30 mins. 

I don't know where I'm going wrong, but most of my meals are meal prepped almost (my mom batch makes stuff) and I just looked, getting ready wouldn't take less than an hour. I don't know how people get it to less than that. Maybe if I rushed it, I could get it done in 30 to 40 mins, but I try to be present through it all. I think speeding up my pace might be the issue then. 

@smurf88 Okay in all honesty, I fully resonate with that in a sense.  Morning routines can be burdensome to some degree. But all the practices within the morning routine I would like to do daily. But for real like I'm trying to make money out here, and spending 5 hours in the morning doing non-business sh** it makes no sense sometimes cause I really need to step up my work ethic game. 

Idk so you think I should just turn this into an evening routine? lol 

@datamonster Damn when you put it like that it kinda hurts .. cuz its like where the heck is the time going?! lmao 

Of a 168 hour week, doing 30 hours sounds pathetic (given that I want to do 60 and feel like I can't) 

I think I'm going to journal how to fix this 

17 hours ago, Jayson G said:

1 hour making a healthy breakfast

You take one hour to make your breakfast? Omg... :o

Maybe you're doing too many practices. Less is more!  

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 I'm actually surprised that people are surprised by this lol like I'm not even sure how to reduce it cuz ..

It takes time to get the stuff out, clean up, make the food, heat it up, eat it, plus my mom distracts me for 5 to 10 mins here and there 

If only I had the money for a chef 

If anyone else is in a similar boat, please check your "screen time" on your phone. 

I've been struggling to find out where all my time is going. 

After journaling a lot, carefully analyzing my routine, I decided to take a look at screen time. 

I'm honestly so disappointed in myself, the data literally shows an average of 7.5 hours per day on my phone, of which 4 hours a day of that is in social media. My gawd

I bought a lock with a timer (shark tank type product on amazon) .. just a suggestion if anyone is facing a similar thing. 

Edited by Jayson G

14 minutes ago, Jayson G said:

I'm honestly so disappointed in myself, the data literally shows an average of 7.5 hours per day on my phone, of which 4 hours a day of that is in social media. My gawd

Seems like you found the answer to your question. Now it's just a matter of acting on fixing it. 

Also, how in the world does it take you one hour to make breakfast, this is actually unheard of where I'm from. That's about the time it takes to cook dinner for a whole family. Maybe learn to speed things up a little bit. ;)

I decided to take a look at screen time. 

@Jayson G 4 hours a day of LOW consciousness garbage that’s shaping your beliefs and reality. Social media is making you sleepy (literally) Cold turkey that shit, delete those apps and use that energy for something productive. Reading or working towards your life purpose. Good luck man 

@fridjonk Oh I'm on it haha I need to really fix this. 

And crap I really don't know. I may be eating a lot tho .. my breakfast is a smoothie, a chipotle bowl, 2 toast, and coffee 

@Meditationdude damn dude you're actually SO on point. I spend 10 hours a week on Tik Tok, and literally the Tik Tok trending trends, dictionary, common comments, and stuff is so engrained in my personality now lmao its funny af actually but scary and def detrimental 

I gotta get off 

Unfortunately my business revolves around social media so I can't delete it, but I am locking up my devices from now on in a locker with no opener except a timer for 23 hours a day

13 hours ago, Jayson G said:

@kag101 I'm actually surprised that people are surprised by this lol like I'm not even sure how to reduce it cuz ..

It takes time to get the stuff out, clean up, make the food, heat it up, eat it, plus my mom distracts me for 5 to 10 mins here and there 

If only I had the money for a chef 

This takes me 5 minutes total to make & clean up. It’s low calorie & nutrient dense, and imo, delicious.

12 hours ago, Jayson G said:

I'm honestly so disappointed in myself

Recognizing the falsity of this thought path, and how it fuels the rollercoaster of excessive practices relative to time spent on life purpose and enjoying experience, would be most time saving & resistance releasing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Some food hacks...

1) cook more and store for next days - saves a lot of time and effort!
I'd sometimes even cook in the evening my "breakfast" meals for the upcoming 2-3 days

2) skip morning meals altogether - intermittent fasting is healthy and saves a lot of time! Give it a shot
The more you fast, the better you become at working with the energy... my most productive hours are mornings, when I only eat 12-8pm. I'd actually have my breakfasts at 12, as my first light meal.

3) I consider oatmeal to be the best breakfast material. It is carbs, but in one of the healthiest forms I know of (no carb crashes). It has fantastic calorie/price ratio. It can be prepared in many ways (fruits, berries, seeds, nuts, fermented, baked, savory...), so you can experiment and not become bored by it. It is ecological crop, get organic if you can.
My trick is to always presoak it in plenty of water at least 8 hours before cooking (along with chia, flaxseeds or whatever) and then I throw in the rest of ingredients at the end of the cooking. Don't be afraid to add salt or bit of vinegar. With some quality fats (olive, coconut...) a big bowl can sustain me for 4 hours.

@Jayson G I hope you don't mind me chiming in here but I can totally relate. On one hand you want to streamline your process on the other hand you waste a lot of time on low consciousness activities. Check it. There are a couple of things going on here. You put a lot of pressure on yourself and you suffer. You're getting in your own with with all the planning, perfectionism, and trying to get it right. I'm not saying to give up entirely but you may want to check your motives. You appear to come from a place of lack both internally and externally. You need to get to the point where are content with both the internals and externals of your life. As for giving up addictions and distractions this is a life long journey. Be easy and patient with yourself, it's only ego that wants to tackle too much.

@ivory Yes honestly, I have been noticing all that in myself too. I actually am somewhat OCD and perfectionist, but I'm definitely working on all that. I also understand it's a lifelong journey. But I also believe I am capable of actualizing way more inner potential than I currently am. I feel like I can be putting in 2-3x more into life. But integrating all these perspectives is key, I believe. Patience with Hard work. Self-love with self-discipline. It's not easy. But I do see improvement every day :)

On 10/30/2020 at 2:33 AM, datamonster said:

Sorry, didn't want to sound harsh. I'm still struggling with the same things.

it's just that I see what people are capable of.

My boss for example works a lot more than 40h. But he also owns two restaurants at the same time and he still manages to do triathlons. He has the same 24h as me...

I think the only time when 40h at work are really too long is when you have kids.

Nah man that wasn't harsh at all. Its a tough wake up call, and a great perspective. 

I like hearing stories like what you described with your boss. It shows the artificial limits we place on ourselves and what we are truly capable of 

On 10/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, Nahm said:

This takes me 5 minutes total to make & clean up. It’s low calorie & nutrient dense, and imo, delicious.

Recognizing the falsity of this thought path, and how it fuels the rollercoaster of excessive practices relative to time spent on life purpose and enjoying experience, would be most time saving & resistance releasing. 

Yeah, thats true. What usually happens is I do get disappointed as a reaction, but then I use Sedona method to release it loll 

@Dingo I can probably meal prep to be honest. I guess I've been lazy to get into learning that and changing my ways. 

Intermittent fasting I also have seen the benefits of. I was forced to eat only 1 to 2 meals a day when I was backpacking Europe. But when theres all this food in the fridge that its so easy to access I'm finding it hard to resist the hunger feelings. 

Is there anything you do to release those hunger feelings?

And good call on the oatmeal. I take oatmeal every day, but I could definitely make it healthier and more filling with those ideas.