X_X

What's a good affirmation for taking 100% Responsibility?

17 posts in this topic

What's a good affirmation for that? I'd like to nail the attitude down into my subconscious self-image.

My notes from the video  

Response-ability

1. Acknowledge all the little causes, the whole chain of causes, not all that stuff is in your control but that doesn't matter. You're still responsible for it. (you co-created)

2. Commit to never blame anyone or anything else for the stuff that's happening in your life.
All you need to do is to just focus on taking the right actions that you need to be taking every single moment of your life and trust that will fix your problems in life (most of em, worst of em).

3. Acknowledge you always have some degree of control
At the bare minimum you always have control of how you respond to situations. Even if you can't change your situation, you can change how you interpret it and how you respond to it. If you take conscious control of your mind, then you can decide - what you want to think about - where you want to focus your attention - how you want to interpret the external circumstances which are happening around

4. Acknowledge your response in the present moment, right now, is the "thing" that matters the most.
When you take responsibility for the now then you're always ensuring that you're able to pick the most resourceful response and therefore create the best possible life you can create. You're responsible for the quality of your life. Yes or no? You're responsible for happiness. Yes or no? You're responsible for resisting reality. Yes or no? You're responsible for being miserable. Yes or no? When things are your responsibility, and even fault, it's good, because it means you can do something about it. Imagine if your misery wasn't your fault, then you'd be powerless to ensure a happy life.

Edited by X_X

Come up with one that's fun

Sailing on the ceiling 

46 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@Applegarden Bullshit. Can I fly to the moon right now?

Well, you can take steps towards it. "Always" and "Everything" means the things you practically wish to do in your day to day life but keep delaying and procrastinating instead.

If you really want to fly to the moon, you can take time and see if you can and what does it take to fly to the moon and if you really want it? This applies to literally anything. If you want it hard enough, you are anyway going to do it.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:05 PM, Applegarden said:

You can do everything, always.

Thanks. This one's interesting: It's hard to play victim when one believes they can do anything at anytime hence one can't avoid but feel responsible. 

On 10/20/2020 at 10:45 PM, Rigel said:

Come up with one that's fun

Fun how? Give me an example.

I'm still open for more suggestions ?

I'm not a fan of affirmations. You would be better off watching that video once a week, contemplating how you can use these ideas in daily life.

Counter-intuitively.. I set about recognizing that I'm 100% not to blame, because there is no 'me', other than what 'the entire Universe is doing'.  Then I flip that on it's head. Am I doing all of this, or is all of this doing me? Is there any difference? 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

My perspective on the matter: If you are attracted to the idea of using affirmations, then just chose one that feels good to you. Not much use in taking on an affirmation that doesn't resonate with you. Whatever you come up with, is likely well-tuned to you. So just own the self affirmation business and apply it in a way you like it

On 10/29/2020 at 1:53 AM, Origins said:

How can I be more aware right now?

Genius

6 hours ago, modmyth said:

In an extremely broad sense: awareness of absolute cause and effect, accuracy of perception and judgment, and also your power in a universal way. 

Not sure how to use that

On 10/29/2020 at 3:31 PM, Mason Riggle said:

Counter-intuitively.. I set about recognizing that I'm 100% not to blame, because there is no 'me', other than what 'the entire Universe is doing'.  Then I flip that on it's head. Am I doing all of this, or is all of this doing me? Is there any difference? 

How impractical. 

On 10/29/2020 at 4:04 PM, Waken said:

My perspective on the matter: If you are attracted to the idea of using affirmations, then just chose one that feels good to you. Not much use in taking on an affirmation that doesn't resonate with you. Whatever you come up with, is likely well-tuned to you. So just own the self affirmation business and apply it in a way you like it

Yes and no. Unheard phrases that others suggest can still resonate. 

Here's a good one it goes like this;

Bing.... bang.... bigga..  dee....   bop.... I don't care what I say....     I just flip....                                                                                                                                         

flop 

@X_X how do you know you are 100% responsible? Why would you try to affirm something, if you're not sure it's true? 

Perhaps what you really want to do, is know that it's true, then you will no longer need constant reassurance. 

The best way to remind myself that the sun exists, is to look at the sun. If I have to keep telling myself, 'the sun is real' in order to believe that it is.. I might start questioning why I need to do this. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@X_X how do you know you are 100% responsible? Why would you try to affirm something, if you're not sure it's true? 

Leave him alone the man said he's a genius. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. 

On 2020.10.27. at 6:22 PM, hyruga said:

With great power comes great responsibility.

And with taking responsibility comes great power.

"I am responsible for every aspect of my life."

@X_X Have you seen Leo's video on affirmations?

Edited by Adodd