Someone here

A question to Leo

300 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

you seem to be accepting certain certainties/rules like why making sense happens or how language is or works or is part of communication, perhaps you assume autonomy (im not sure), and yes I'm using a form of connection/example/language to form a point.

Perhaps it doesn't make sense to you, which is fine, but I think by your own rules you'd have to prove your rules as well to prove I'm breaking them.

4+3!=15 being true isn't a result of my rules but of our rules. Languages are social, even if they have strange connections to non-social things.

I'm not trying to prove anything nor am I claiming that you broke rules exactly... you didn't seem to be using any! Of course I don't know all the rules but my assumption is that on a forum such as this one, you'd use rules everyone would recognize (as you did when you brought up an addition) or start by talking about the rules you intended to use...

7 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

But again, tree's plant seeds, which grow trees, tree's seem to come from earth, earth seems to have come from a galaxy that supposedly was birth from a big bang event, that presumably came from or resulted from "something".

The separation which seems most obvious to me (because it's what I happen to believe) would be that seeds, trees and so forth might be mental objects whereas "something" might not be. Where are mental objects and does that mean there is a connection or not? That would depend on how the mind works, and of course on what you mean exactly by "connection".

And in mainstream cosmology (since you bring up the big bang), there are of course different ways in which places in the universe aren't in causal contact with each other anymore. So you could say the connection is broken. Certainly the way you've sometimes described connections ("is happening", "influencing", "during" and so forth) wouldn't apply to non-causal connections.

7 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Also you said that this possible something could seperate itself because anything is possible, but what would it seperate itself from or with?  ITself I'd imagine since thats all there is and guess what thats not seperation, lol, thats just more continuations of itself and thus still happening now.  If thats not what "something" is then refer to previous paragraph.

We've already talked physics and computers but this kind of separation is also part of life, isn't it? Even without sexual reproduction, the offspring is more than just a continuation, especially after many generations. Again, there is a sort of connection in the past but remote ancestors aren't "still happening now".

Yes, the life forms we know are part of a larger "something" but if we don't know anything about "something", there might not be any "super-something" nor do we know if it has parents or children or if the family stays in touch.

7 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

You don't need to experience the from "something" directly, the fact that there is "something" is proof of "something" (not saying nondual god, infinity or any particular cosmology/ontology).

Sure. I only brought that up because of the context in which you originally introduced "something" (people were talking about "layers" for instance).

On 10/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, Someone here said:

Amazing video bruh  . Thanks for this. ❤️

I have a question.. You said that reality is NOT made of two layers.. The layer of appearance and the layer of "stuff behind the scenes". But rather it's just the layer of appearances.   You gave example.. You said My refrigerator is being held within my consciousness.. You said the refrigerator is the appearance of the refrigerator in the present moment and that's all that there is to it. There is no refrigerator behind the refrigerator.  And ofcourse that means there is no Leo behind Leo as well.   Now that's solipsism.  Please don't get critical about the label but that is what this philosophy is all about. 

Now you said that the universe is infinite mind and is literally capable of everything.. Universe =infinite mind.  Also you said why would the universe manifest itself through two layers (layers of appearance +layer of objectivity).. It's easier just to manifest itself directly as an appearance.   

My question to you... Why not? 

If the universe is infinite mind.. Why it can't msnifest through two layers? Or four layers?   Why can't my refrigerator exist when it's not in the first layer (being perceived)?  Isn't that you imposing a limit from your mind on infinte mind?. 

I hope the question is clear.  Thanks. 

The beginning of this video was what I was trying to explain to you. All others and yourself are imagination. All that there is, consciousness. All other layers that you are imagining are imaginary. Imagination is the layer of reality. Nothing is outside of consciousness. All that exists is consciousness. 

22 hours ago, Someone here said:

The second layer is NOT outside of consciousness ofcourse. But it's outside of my consciousness.  

There is no “my” consciousness because that implies a “your” consciousness. There is only Consciousness. “My” consciousness is Consciousness and there is nothing outside of it. With that refrigerator example, apply that to what you call “other” people and “other” minds. Then you’ll realize that this is a Dream, and everything in your Dream is dream-stuff.

1 hour ago, commie said:

4+3!=15 being true isn't a result of my rules but of our rules. Languages are social, even if they have strange connections to non-social things.

I'm not trying to prove anything nor am I claiming that you broke rules exactly... you didn't seem to be using any! Of course I don't know all the rules but my assumption is that on a forum such as this one, you'd use rules everyone would recognize (as you did when you brought up an addition) or start by talking about the rules you intended to use...

The separation which seems most obvious to me (because it's what I happen to believe) would be that seeds, trees and so forth might be mental objects whereas "something" might not be. Where are mental objects and does that mean there is a connection or not? That would depend on how the mind works, and of course on what you mean exactly by "connection".

And in mainstream cosmology (since you bring up the big bang), there are of course different ways in which places in the universe aren't in causal contact with each other anymore. So you could say the connection is broken. Certainly the way you've sometimes described connections ("is happening", "influencing", "during" and so forth) wouldn't apply to non-causal connections.

We've already talked physics and computers but this kind of separation is also part of life, isn't it? Even without sexual reproduction, the offspring is more than just a continuation, especially after many generations. Again, there is a sort of connection in the past but remote ancestors aren't "still happening now".

Yes, the life forms we know are part of a larger "something" but if we don't know anything about "something", there might not be any "super-something" nor do we know if it has parents or children or if the family stays in touch.

Sure. I only brought that up because of the context in which you originally introduced "something" (people were talking about "layers" for instance).

ya I hear ya again, its actually nice talking in a different way to someone on this forum, and yes I'm using super broad words since I don't want to type a lot atm and I don't normally communicate in this fashion (you may of garnered such if you watched any of my videos), lol, but in your example of remote ancestors and if its "still happening now", well atoms were and are still happening and its intrinsic to the form or label "ancestor", dna, proteins, empty space which seems to be the most predominate commonality shared.  All happened, still happening now or just have always eternally been present, amazing, fascinating, interesting, no.  Thats in the ballpark of my point.  so to "maybe" hail marry tie in the OPs question, "something" is happening as layers or non-layers or 1 layer.  Even if we can't exactly nail down exactly what "something" is. Lol, anyways.

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

So what difference does it make to call it physicality or work of mind? 

There is a huge difference because the nature of reality - which is your true nature - is an Absolute - because you are the Absolute..  We are trying to guide you towards awakening to the Absolute but the work has to be done by you.  That said i know you already are know this are already planning a retreat so i know you are on the path so just keep the mind open :)

The Path to Truth is walked Alone.

16 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

well atoms were and are still happening and its intrinsic to the form or label "ancestor", dna, proteins, empty space which seems to be the most predominate commonality shared.

Space isn't that empty (or unchanging). In the pop physics department, I'd go with the catchy it's-the-same-electron thing for commonality instead.

16 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

"something" is happening

Wasn't that the name of that all-week, all-night KPFK show? Maybe I finally get what its name was supposed to mean.

1 hour ago, commie said:

Space isn't that empty (or unchanging). In the pop physics department, I'd go with the catchy it's-the-same-electron thing for commonality instead.

Wasn't that the name of that all-week, all-night KPFK show? Maybe I finally get what its name was supposed to mean.

will consider :) Cheers.

13 hours ago, Dodo said:

Someone Here, I am with you all the way. I smell devilry from a mile away. It's all about confusion and absolute flashy statements that you would be a fool not to accept. 

Can take the milk from their responses and remove the poison they are trying, unconsciously, to administer. 

Its important to know they really believe they are correct. That's their identity now.

You're woke.

So hasty! 

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Nahm

No dude lol its just that I don't bother too much replying if the person didn't bother too much being clear as possible about what he is talking about 😊

That's a dead end answer. It can and it can't. Lol. Even the poor Al has no clue. 

Right. That is the point of the absurdity of the comment. It is obviously entirely outside of your psyche, frame of reference, subconscious, whatever. (Your op)

13 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Sounds like you may be having similar hookups to Someonehere, so I thought I'd share with you what I shared with him.

"Ok to clarify again what I'm saying since you seem to boil down what I'm saying to the field of thought/perception/human consciousness, and as such those capacities are an inherently limiting and couldn't possibly see beyond into what possibly may be?  Is this kinda your contention?

Because ya, its sometimes good to have healthy skepticism and know your limitations and place so to say.  However, in relation to that train of thought, what I'm saying is the fact that thought/perception/human consciousness or just the acknowledgement that comprehension is going on this moment "exist or is taking place" is proof in of itself that "something" is going on no matter what its cosmology or ontology, what ever this mystery is, IS or IS taking place, and its taking place before you even write it down or put it into words, and its obvious because this interaction is going on now (although I am now since we are talking). 

Its so simple its almost stupid, forget what nonduality, god, consciousness means, thats not what I'm talking about.

Im basically saying, I don't know what anything is, but "something" is going on and what ever it is, is going on, like duh.

Then if you get the stupid simplicity of that, and are not longer trying to figure out what exactly that may be, simply ask and maybe recognize, could what ever the mystery of whats going on, not be going during the inquiry of doing so, and if no, then whats going on now..... the mystery of what is?

Pretty stupidly simple and may seem unimportant, almost like saying salty tastes salty right,...... right.....AMAZING.

I am not arguing against this. You are indeed aware that the mystery is taking place. What I am pointing to is that you are not fully honoring the mystery. By focusing so deeply on this knowing, you are ignoring the other aspect of what you're saying, even though you're acknowledging it.

The mystery, you are still have some assumptions of knowing it. How can it then be called a mystery?  

You are actualized in your knowing, but knowing has forgotten about its lover and immediate counterpart: not knowing.  

Do you perhaps have this assumption that nothing exists outside of consciousness or you are open to the possibility you will never know? 

You honor the god of knowing, but in focusing too much on that you are leaving out an aspect of rhe divine. Its not enough to label it as a mystery. Its also something that seems trivial and unimportant......

Not Even One
The devil is in the detail
Our true North is Love

9 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

There is no “my” consciousness because that implies a “your” consciousness. There is only Consciousness. “My” consciousness is Consciousness and there is nothing outside of it. With that refrigerator example, apply that to what you call “other” people and “other” minds. Then you’ll realize that this is a Dream, and everything in your Dream is dream-stuff.

OK if that's true can you answer the question that Leo didn't answer (for whatever reason).   If everyone is my Dream why should I talk to them?   You see the implications of this view is directly solipsism. That other people are just appearances. They are not sentient. Only me is sentient. Or you from your POV.  In other words there is no difference between people and rocks. So why should I talk to rocks? 

Silence is the highest teaching. 

@Adamq8 I'm not going to accept wishy washy handwavey cute answers.. This is a serious question that is a direct consequence of this view.   

There is nothing outside of consciousness = I have no reality of my own outside of an appearance in your mind.  I'm not a sentient being. I'm just a dead image on your screen. ===>why the fuck are you talking to me?   Do you go about your day talking to the trees? 

Edited by Someone here

Just now, electroBeam said:

no

Tell that to Leo. 

29 minutes ago, Someone here said:

OK if that's true can you answer the question that Leo didn't answer (for whatever reason).   If everyone is my Dream why should I talk to them?   You see the implications of this view is directly solipsism. That other people are just appearances. They are not sentient. Only me is sentient. Or you from your POV.  In other words there is no difference between people and rocks. So why should I talk to rocks? 

Ego survival.

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Tell that to Leo. 

why would i tell that do a bunch of dead pixels on a screen ;)

Is this path about Leo waking up or you?

And btw, Leo never said you were a bunch of dead pixels on a screen.

You're neither dead, or a bunch of pixels, or on a screen. If Leo said anything he would of said you're consciousness. 

Edited by electroBeam