PurpleTree

Why is eating meat "bad" or less evolved lets say?

254 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, integral said:

Oversights reveal themselves only after the fact.

This only applies to in the box oversights... 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

55 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

lol why do you assume i am lying? 

it is all in our brain. try raw meat, raw sausage, raw egg, raw fish, then tell me why do you feel the need to cook.

try raw potato, raw pumkin, raw eggplant etc. doesn't taste good at all and i like sashimi and sushi which is raw fish (not a lot though)

58 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

HONESTLY for me just broccoli or spinach taste better than meat. 

see if you say those two little words "for me" then it's totally different

but here you made it seem as if meat tasted bad objectively, that's why i answered.

4 hours ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

meat without sauces taste so bad, we try to make them taste good with all those ingredients. 

@datamonster We need to go meta. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

48 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

i tried to make it obvious that "we" use so many ingredients for adding onto the actual meat taste. 

you said "meat tastes so bad..." as if it was an objective thing when it's your opinion

peace

obviously a "healthy vegan diet" has many benefits

just like any other "healthy diet" has many benefits

I turned vegan long ago. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Not all food is the same... a lot more to say here but I like this video

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I've been vegan for 8 months between 2015-2016. My blood work went down during those months and I was addicted to sugar. I ate so much exotic sweet fruit (very unnatural and unsustainable) and greens, hence most of the time bloated. There were some health improvements because I came to be a vegan from eating junk, drinking, smoking. Therefore, it helped me as I cut all the processed foods in one day and ate whole foods only but in the long run, I didn't like how I looked and felt. 

I also became judgmental, felt better than others because I thought I got it 'right' and felt emotionally triggered when someone would try to tell me otherwise. Labels are not good. Having a vegan/carnivore or any other label closes your mind and prevents you to see other perspectives and possibilities. 

For the last two months, I've been eating mostly grass-fed meat and eggs with few pieces of fruit there and here and man, let me tell you I feel elevated consciousness and mental clarity. I feel strong and healthy, full of energy. 

Going vegan and blaming others for eating meat won't solve these deeply complex issues about factory farming and unsustainable agriculture.

And it's bonkers to claim yourself to be more spiritual than those who eat meat. What about our God Leo? He eats animal-based products. Can you accept that? Or any other people who can't eat plants. We're so different and there is no superior way. 

softly into the Abyss...

I've stopped eating mammal/red meat. I think it's a step in the right direction. Haven't eaten a mammal in ~6 months. I still eat seafood and chicken. I want to move away from chicken but I'm not sure about all the heavy metals in seafood so I'm trying to balance it.

46 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I've stopped eating mammal/red meat. I think it's a step in the right direction. Haven't eaten a mammal in ~6 months. I still eat seafood and chicken. I want to move away from chicken but I'm not sure about all the heavy metals in seafood so I'm trying to balance it.

Do you feel healthier physically?

4 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

I've been vegan for 8 months between 2015-2016. My blood work went down during those months and I was addicted to sugar. I ate so much exotic sweet fruit (very unnatural and unsustainable) and greens, hence most of the time bloated. There were some health improvements because I came to be a vegan from eating junk, drinking, smoking. Therefore, it helped me as I cut all the processed foods in one day and ate whole foods only but in the long run, I didn't like how I looked and felt. 

I also became judgmental, felt better than others because I thought I got it 'right' and felt emotionally triggered when someone would try to tell me otherwise. Labels are not good. Having a vegan/carnivore or any other label closes your mind and prevents you to see other perspectives and possibilities. 

For the last two months, I've been eating mostly grass-fed meat and eggs with few pieces of fruit there and here and man, let me tell you I feel elevated consciousness and mental clarity. I feel strong and healthy, full of energy. 

Going vegan and blaming others for eating meat won't solve these deeply complex issues about factory farming and unsustainable agriculture.

And it's bonkers to claim yourself to be more spiritual than those who eat meat. What about our God Leo? He eats animal-based products. Can you accept that? Or any other people who can't eat plants. We're so different and there is no superior way. 

People also became judgemental after they realized slavery is wrong and should be abolished. Slavery would make you feel much stronger and healtheir aswell, considering that you wouldn't have to be the one working in a field. Labels are terrible, I mean calling someone a slaver just because he keeps slaves just closes your mind and prevents you to see other perspectives and possibilities.

Freeing your slaves and blaming others for keeping them won't solve these deeply complex issues about slave culture and slave abuse.

If your God Leo kept himself some human slaves, could you accept that? Not everyone can work in the field, we are different and there is no superior way.

I agree with you that this has nothing to do with spirituality. But the argument you are providing can be easily used to justify anything you would consider undesirable in a society. It is also not very surprising that you would have felt bad from only eating exotic sweet fruit and greens, instead of a normal balanced diet. But the more important question is whether the benefits you are experience justify what is being done to other individuals, and if you do accept that, whether human slavery wouldn't be just as justified.

Just because veganism was all about a label for you and your own health, does not mean that this is true for others. There are plenty of people who genuinely want slavery to be gone and would fight for it. It's not all bad just because it has low-consciousness aspects. The world is driven by low-consciousness. If you cannot grasp this you need to accept reality for what it is, and that judgement is a driver of civilizations.

It will take a long time until society operates from a place of consciousness. And to demonize everything just because it doesn't fit your spiritual ideals is actually a hinderance to the progress and evolution of nature.

There is a place and time for this kind of talk, and it's certainly not when mother nature is literally dying and trillions of beings are brutalized unnecessarily by mankind. This is a time of adopting radical responsibility and being able to make the sacrifices that need to be done. If this will not happen, nature will make it happen.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

3 hours ago, Lyubov said:

hmm chicken is highly inflammatory, might want to avoid that and seafood is REALLY toxic, its not small... i am 100% sure of the heavy metals, each serving of salmon is a micro does of mercury, its really bad. 

Stick to red meat, this is the way to eat if your going to eat any animals at all. 

32 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Freeing your slaves and blaming others for keeping them won't solve these deeply complex issues about slave culture and slave abuse.

If this wanst sarcasm you would right. 

It will take a long time until society operates from a place of consciousness. And to demonize everything just because it doesn't fit your spiritual ideals is actually a hinderance to the progress and evolution of nature.

This is all projection, this is all your spiritual ideals, your the idealist. 

It is also not very surprising that you would have felt bad from only eating exotic sweet fruit and greens, instead of a normal balanced diet.

This is dismissal of the problem. The problem is people cant all be vegan. This needs to be taken seriously to properly understand the problem we need to solve. 

Edited by integral

On 10/17/2020 at 4:07 PM, datamonster said:

@Village @integral I'll just leave this here for you.

None of the blue zones eat even a remotely vegetarian diet. That book was written to promote a plant-based diet and if you actually research what those people eat, you'll see that "The Blue Zones" book is a scam, nothing more and nothing less. Let's go through them one by one.

Okinawa: Do you know when the high carb diet was measured? In 1949, right after WW2—after most of the pigs in the island were killed by the Americans and before the meat and fish industries recovered in the 60s. Of course they were eating mostly carbs during that period, they were going through a post-war starvation. It has nothing to do with the traditional Okinawan diet. The real Okinawan diet is based heavily on pork (the island is overpopulated with pigs)—they famously eat the whole pig from nose to tail which is significant in terms of health; spam is very popular (though it is a post-WW2 food as well); they cook EVERYTHING in lard and don't use vegetable oils at all; they eat about 200g of fish per person per day and a lot of seafood (anyone who thinks they don't—ON AN ISLAND—is delusional); Raw goat meat is eaten frequently, though not as much as pork; chicken and eggs are not uncommon; and they consume on average more burgers than in mainland Japan. Soy is eaten but fermented (tofu, soy sauce), vegetables such as sweet potato are also eaten but are not a staple and do not make the bulk of the diet.

Sardinia: Have you actually been there? My brother has, and I just remembered his remarks on how he had to refuse pork nearly every day there (he's Jewish). :P  They do consume wild fruit and some beans and legumes grown on excellent soil, but pork is a staple (especially wild boars), they have some of the highest quality beef and lamb in the world (of course the organs are consumed, as well as raw milk), aged cheeses are a staple, they also eat cheese fermented with maggots. Bottarga - cured fish roe is very common. Somehow the author forgot to mention those. Not remotely vegetarian, not remotely low-fat.

SardinianFood.png?w=1000&ssl=1

SardinianLamb.jpg?w=1000&ssl=1

The 7th Day Adventists: Only 4% of them are strictly vegan, and they're on average 31 pounds lighter than meat-eating Adventists of the same height, which is not a good sign. :) Many of the older Adventists grew up in farms and consumed a lot of raw milk, which in fact they advocated for in the 60's and 70's.

The bottom line with the Adventist studies is that vegetarian Adventist men outlive other Californians by 7 years, while non-vegetarian Adventist men outlive them by 7.3 years. Adventist Vegetarian women outlive other Californian women by 5 years, while non-vegetarian Adventist women outlive them by 4.4 years. Quite an insufficient ground to claim that vegetarianism or veganism is healthier, especially given the fact that the general Californian population consists of many who eat junk food, smoke, drink coffee, drink alcohol and do drugs, while Adventists do none of these and are generally wealthy, prosperous white people.

On 10/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, toocrazytobecrazy said:

meat without sauces taste so bad, we try to make them taste good with all those ingredients.  what about raw meat does it even have taste?

i think eating is %100 related with taste , hunger is in brain not in stomach. taste can make you full. not material. could sand satisy your hunger?

anyway eating animal food is literally eating used vegetables. why not just eat first hand vegetables.

Raw meat has a pretty neutral taste but it's pleasant, I don't even salt it. Raw, high quality organs taste good. Well-done meat is just dry and tasteless, I agree, but up to medium-rare is pretty nice to me without any additives.

On the other hand, do you enjoy eating raw kale or spinach by the handful? Or do you throw them in a salad full of other veggies with lemon juice, salt&pepper and dressing, to cover up the taste? :)

Yeah, eat grass.

Edited by Village

33 minutes ago, Village said:

Raw meat has a pretty neutral taste but it's pleasant, I don't even salt it. Raw, high quality organs taste good. Well-done meat is just dry and tasteless, I agree, but up to medium-rare is pretty nice to me without any additives.

On the other hand, do you enjoy eating raw kale or spinach by the handful? Or do you throw them in a salad full of other veggies with lemon juice, salt&pepper and dressing, to cover up the taste? :)

True, plant-based food needs so much preparation and cooking otherwise you couldn't eat, it's crazy how unnatural this is.

I eat meat slightly salted and it tastes like heaven. The more I'm into animal-based diet the more I enjoy simplicity. I eat much less chicken and pork now because ruminant red meat tastes best and the fattier the better.

Simple shopping; freedom from planning, preparing and cooking food as I usually eat once or max twice a day, never hungry; almost no waste, no farting, great body composition, great sleep. living a life! 

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

17 minutes ago, toocrazytobecrazy said:

not all of them never tried raw spinach o kale actually, i am not vegan tho i actually enjoy eating vegetables more. i eat meat but i don't like the idea of eating meat itself. because 1st hygiene,2nd freshness, 3 biological memory of the animal. also pain in the animals face :) i gotta admit a was little bit emotional tho when i wrote that. on the evolutionary scale we developed bond with most animals, just like humans do, so its harder to eat animal rather than eating vegetables.

Maybe people just never had a real bond with farm animals in the first place.

I came from the city but spend most of my time until school, and during school holidays, on the farm. My grandmother gave me two goats when I was little. I bonded with them so much. They were my friends. Goats are wonderful animals I cared for them and loved them to bits.

When the time came, they had to go because on the farm we care for and love animals and then we eat them. I knew they were killed for food and I faced that. I wasn't upset I just accepted life. 

Go check what hunters have to say about hunting? They often claim that killing a wild animal is one of the most spiritual acts. 
It humbles you it makes you appreciate your and animal life. Both are sacred.

softly into the Abyss...

18 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

True, plant-based food needs so much preparation and cooking otherwise you couldn't eat, it's crazy how unnatural this is.

I eat meat slightly salted and it tastes like heaven. The more I'm into animal-based diet the more I enjoy simplicity. I eat much less chicken and pork now because ruminant red meat tastes best and the fattier the better.

Simple shopping; freedom from planning, preparing and cooking food as I usually eat once or max twice a day, never hungry; almost no waste, no farting, great body composition, great sleep. living a life! 

Cool :P

Why do you only eat once or twice a day?

On 18/10/2020 at 1:25 PM, datamonster said:
On 18/10/2020 at 8:37 AM, Intraplanetary said:

What about our God Leo? He eats animal-based products

If you think that Leo is a God and you cannot disagree with him you haven't learned anything.

our God Leo -  I mean it in a sarcastic way. isn't it obvious?

Pull the stick out of your ass :D 

softly into the Abyss...

1 minute ago, Village said:

Cool :P

Why do you only eat once or twice a day?

I'm simply not hungry. I'm almost never hungry in the morning, then around early noon, I have a big-ass meal with fatty cuts of meat, mostly ribs, few eggs, some liver or kidney and suet. I then can go all day without even thinking about food! Some days I would have a second meal in the evening. 

This is the freedom I had never experienced in my life as I was always dieting, thinking about food, planning, preparing, dealing with cravings and sugar addiction. It had occupied an enormous amount of time but now I have that time to focus on what's important - career and spiritual work.

softly into the Abyss...

16 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

I'm simply not hungry. I'm almost never hungry in the morning, then around early noon, I have a big-ass meal with fatty cuts of meat, mostly ribs, few eggs, some liver or kidney and suet. I then can go all day without even thinking about food! Some days I would have a second meal in the evening. 

This is the freedom I had never experienced in my life as I was always dieting, thinking about food, planning, preparing, dealing with cravings and sugar addiction. It had occupied an enormous amount of time but now I have that time to focus on what's important - career and spiritual work.

Finding the primal diet is like winning the lottery. ;)