Leo Nordin

Leave everything to persue love?

47 posts in this topic

If I get an opportunity for some kind of income I will quit school and become somewhat homeless living in a van. Then I will live in ecstasy/great joy for the majority of my time. I did not long ago awaken and I've worked for long on seeking truth and self help. I feel like I am ready to become a master of living and let go of the grip on my mind and my body. I can any time have the best moments of my life by just letting go of ego. 

Now im 17 years old and consciously sommoning ego to work in the system sucks. Homeless I am free, only need some time to prepare sleep, food and do a little work everyday. Then my 16h a day would be spent on situations where I can remain highly joyfull. Especially if my work is walking dogs or simimar. 

Homeless people get some money from the country here in Sweden to survive and a home if you follow a program to get work. There are no spiritual places to live for free and I want to work minimally. 

So going homeless to persue enlightenment, what do you say? 

Only you can answer if this is right thing for you to do, follow your highest excitement. 

Stupid. 

You're lazy.

(Replace with politically correct words if you're sensitive)

School is a joke, if you are serious you can go to school, do your chores and spend 6hours sitting on a cushion and bliss out.

Learning is not bad, it brings you closer to god. I know school sucks for the most part, but just accept it as practicing suffering.

Essentially you want to take a shortcut, it never works.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

28 minutes ago, wavydude said:

Only you can answer if this is right thing for you to do, follow your highest excitement. 

Im more asking for advice, to see if anyone has good input. Thanks for your reply though?

12 minutes ago, UDT said:

Stupid. 

You're lazy.

(Replace with politically correct words if you're sensitive)

School is a joke, if you are serious you can go to school, do your chores and spend 6hours sitting on a cushion and bliss out.

No, I can't spend time blissed out in school. I wouldn't get grades nor attendance that way. You need to listen/be active during lessons etc. 

12 minutes ago, UDT said:

Learning is not bad, it brings you closer to god. I know school sucks for the most part, but just accept it as practicing suffering.

Essentially you want to take a shortcut, it never works.

Practicing suffering sounds like the stupidest thing to do when you have done that your entire life like wtf. I'll do what is needed of me for my survival there will be some amount of suffering however I go about it. Even eating can be suffering. I'm just trying to minimise it. 

It is up to you. But be smart and rational about your decisions at such young age. They will define your environment in the future ( not completely but it matters, believe me). Ecstasy and bliss is great, but it is not permanent, it will fade. Eventually you will have to accept your human side, which involves being social, having sex, maybe even having kids, doing some work. Life is to be lived, dont dismiss it :) 

2 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

Leave everything to persue love?

everything === love

Nothing wrong with being homeless, but that would be too boring for me personally. There are so many beautiful experiences in life. I am saying you can have everything you want and be joyful. For example, you can have a family, dozens of hobbies, beautiful work, etc... AND be happy :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Dario1995 I get what you're saying?

@allislove I will have work, dozens of hobbies, a family etc. And that will come with the time, when you are blissfull and ecstatic you want to share that joy with the world. I can do whatever I want to there is no system stopping me, except for laws... So how I live will be on my terms, sounds exciting to me haha. 

12 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

@Dario1995 I get what you're saying?

@allislove I will have work, dozens of hobbies, a family etc. And that will come with the time, when you are blissfull and ecstatic you want to share that joy with the world. I can do whatever I want to there is no system stopping me, except for laws... So how I live will be on my terms, sounds exciting to me haha.  

Most homeless people are not blissful and ecstatic.

38 minutes ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Most homeless people are not blissful and ecstatic.

Most homeless haven't awakened... 

5 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

Most homeless haven't awakened... 

There is a reason for that.  Hard to awaken while you’re homeless.

Jim Carrey and Jewel are both very spiritual (Jim is certainly awake).  Both were homeless and I doubt that caused them to awake.  

@Thestarguitarist14 yes but I have already awakened, if im not fucking myself up with delusion haha. No but really. I am talking about living in a van, showering at gyms and using part time work money/money from my country for food. All my basic needs will be taken care of. 

Call it homeless, or a nomad or a spiritual retreat. I have 1,5 more years untill last year I can reapply for school for free if homelessness didn't go well. I will last a year with my current savings at most. At the age of 18 I get money from the government. 

Draw back is that all my savings may be lost and I may have to take a loan before I finish school if I come back and take that rout. 

Yeah I am going to drop out. Will just secure some kinds of income before hand. 

Is it the life you dream to live ?

Or the life you think you need to be happy ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Eckhart Tolle spent 2 years sitting on Park benches after his awakening, which gradually led to him becoming a spiritual teacher. If it is right for you then go for it. Winters might be harsh though. 

7 hours ago, Shin said:

Is it the life you dream to live ?

Or the life you think you need to be happy ?

Haha its not a dream, it is a conscious choice to be able to transcend my consciousness further. I definitely need it to be happy, I am as happy as my situations let me be but I'm holding myself back from further happiness. Which I wouldn't need to if I was free from the school system. Kind of like Sadhguru, he didn't bother to limit himself so much so he left the school system early in his life. 

@No Self Yeah but I am planning to build a van with solar panels for heat/energy so that I have a place to cook, sleep and shelter myself with. 

Edited by Leo Nordin

16 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

No, I can't spend time blissed out in school. I wouldn't get grades nor attendance that way. You need to listen/be active during lessons etc. 

If you have a hard time listening/being active you aren't awake at all. You're just experiencing a temporary spiritual high.

19 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

So going homeless to persue enlightenment, what do you say?

Probably a bad idea.

Be careful not to make some rash move.

Once you are homeless, enlightenment will probably be the last thing on your mind as you struggle just to stay warm.

Remember, after enlightenment, all your survival needs will still have to be met. Enlightenment WILL NOT solve your survival needs for you. Very dangerous and naive to assume so.

Do you know what monks spend most of their day doing? Cleaning toilets and cooking food. Survival. They do that for 8 hours. Then they meditate for like 3 hours. That's typical monk life. They do not meditate 18 hours a day as you might imagine. That is not a luxury they have.

Ideally you'd save up a nest egg of so much money that you could just take a year off work and meditate while living in a comfy cabin. This is far more realistic than being homeless.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why don't you try this lifestyle for a shorter period, like do it for the summer break and see how you like it. Dropping everything and going homeless seems pretty extreme and reckless. 

One thing I don't understand you say you've already awakened but you also say you want to go homeless to pursue enlightenent.

So did you awaken or not ?

4 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

@No Self Yeah but I am planning to build a van with solar panels for heat/energy so that I have a place to cook, sleep and shelter myself with. 

Solar panels in such a small space will produce at most 1 or 2 kW, which will be reduced to a fraction of that if there is cloud cover, and and even less if there is snow.

A heater in cold conditions would require about 2 kW, so would only work on a bright sunny day! Not to mention that thing called night time.

I would suggest giving this a trial run to ensure this has been thought through.

59 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

I was actually considering this at some point. If you have 10-20k$ you can move to Vietnam and live there for years. Rent a cheap flat and just eat rice and veggies.

Will they just let you live there if you don't spend real money? You need some kind of tourist Visa etc. for Vietnam nah?