Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

What are some mystical causes for lack of psychedelic success?

31 posts in this topic

I've tried psychedelics a dozen or so times, and I've only had a couple of powerful experiences which really radically 'changed my life' so to speak. It would be cool if every experience was like that.

Both of those experiences were very high doses(8x Higher than average for first one, and 20x higher than average for second one). The rest of the psychedelics i took medium to high doses. And the experiences are all very very mild. Much more mild then the movies portray.

For the record, I never have had an ego death on psychedelics, even the powerful doses. Its insane. I need to take 60x the dose? Hahahaha (jks mods...)

I swear the preparation and materials is correct and can only conclude that my track record is from biochemistry or my intention. I've only tried mescaline(cactus) and ayahuasca (root bark and Syrian rue combo) mainly. And even if my prep isnt correct, I take so much that at a worst case scenario I'm taking a medium dose. 

When I enter a trip, I expect a lot. I expect a big powerful experience that will quench my curiosity for understanding reality. Not looking for bells and whistles. I write down my intention on a piece of paper before the trip, then just wait for it to come on. It never really comes on, consciousness just subtly changes. The latest one, i took 5x the average aya dose, and there was just a very subtle realization that all partial aspects of god are strange looping each other(from contemplating free will). So mild it leaves you begging for more. 

Every experience where I've shocked myself, or scared the shit out of myself, were all sober. The 2 big psychedelic experiences(where i overdosed massively) were not as scary as the experiences ive had sober.

So I'm genuinely desiring to have an amazing experience on psychedelics, but cant get there and looking for some guidance or help. 

Just a guess, there's some alignment with your intentions that needs to be worked out.  In other words drop em'. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

This makes me think... I also think my reaction to psychedelics is atypical

On 1cp-LSD, I have no visuals other than color saturation

MDMA - took it for the first time a few weeks ago - no visuals, I feel a bit of warmth, but no 'love'

5 MAPB - same

5 Meo DMT - I had ego death, but no oneness/god/love yet.

2CB FLY - no visuals, very low headspace, "earthly" feeling

Wondering myself, is there something wacky going on with my neurotransmitters?

My son was just diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder, wonder if I have something undiagnosed.

Maybe you don't resonate with Psychedelics so acutely as most people.

Me myself for example it seems I have a weird tolerance to anything that have dmt on it: 5-meo-dmt, n-n Dmt, 4-aco-dmt...each of these substances I have to dose way higher than most people to feel a proper trip. However for example with Lsd i resonate deeply. Any signficant dose goes to the core.

Also, it seems you have only tried natural ocurring Psychedelics in plants. Potency on those can be tricky to know.

I recommend you to try 1P-LSD. Ime and my friend which I give it to him has proven to be very strong. Maybe your organism will resonate more with that type of psychedelics (lysergamides) so could try that.

Or not and you are just naturally gifted. If you had had mystical experiences that have been more strong sober.

5 hours ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

Because psychedelics don't lead to actual awakening as many wise people have said, sadhguru being one of them. 

Awakening is Awakening. Whether it happens on weed or taking a shit or meditating.

The Truth is what matters. Not how you got there.

In fact once you are there you will know it because you won't be able to hold as a ground the fact that you have taken a Psychedelic ?

Have you considered genetic causes? 

There's an enzime called Monoamine Oxidase, which degradates DMT, some people naturally have much higher levels. 

There could be many other biological causes besides that one. But this is hard to know for sure.

I would try other psychedelics and routes of administration.

Edited by Fran11

3 hours ago, Chris365 said:

This makes me think... I also think my reaction to psychedelics is atypical

On 1cp-LSD, I have no visuals other than color saturation

MDMA - took it for the first time a few weeks ago - no visuals, I feel a bit of warmth, but no 'love'

5 MAPB - same

5 Meo DMT - I had ego death, but no oneness/god/love yet.

2CB FLY - no visuals, very low headspace, "earthly" feeling

Wondering myself, is there something wacky going on with my neurotransmitters?

My son was just diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder, wonder if I have something undiagnosed.

Interesting

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Also, it seems you have only tried natural ocurring Psychedelics in plants. Potency on those can be tricky to know.

Interesting. I've also tried extraction too but to no avail.

1 hour ago, Fran11 said:

Have you considered genetic causes? 

There's an enzime called Monoamine Oxidase, which degradates DMT, some people naturally have much higher levels. 

There could be many other biological causes besides that one. But this is hard to know for sure.

I would try other psychedelics and routes of administration.

Yep thats a good point. I might need to try vaping. 

Not enough respect for the compound, not enough preparation, not enough desire, judging, and not enough meditation experience.

Also having unclear desire.

Edited by The0Self

On 9/26/2020 at 9:04 AM, electroBeam said:

I've only tried mescaline(cactus) and ayahuasca (root bark and Syrian rue combo) mainly

By (cactus) I assume you are referring to San Padro?  if so there are many different cultivars each with different concentrations of mescaline. Do you know for sure which cultivar you have?  PC pachanoi being the lowest and trichocereus peruvianus   trichocereus pachanoi and trichocereus bridgesii having the highest concentrations of mescaline.

@cetus

I use the Peruvians, but the most powerful trip i had on the cactuses was actually from a peyote. 

Based on the replies and results, got a feeling that oral ingestion is the problem and need to start smoking shit.

@Nahm used the wrong word meant metaphysical rather than physical.

In other words not technique, dose, body chemistry, ingestion technique, but rather intention, mindset, perspective, orientation, attitude.

I’ve found psychedelics to be a terrible personal development tool. Their value for me is trans-personal. If I go into a trip thinking I’m going to enter another world and pull out some ‘goodies’ for my personal life, I will be disappointed.  

9 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I’ve found psychedelics to be a terrible personal development tool. Their value for me is trans-personal.

+1

10 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I’m going to enter another world

you can't because there's just this haha but get what you're saying.

10 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

pull out some ‘goodies’ for my personal life, I will be disappointed.  

I want to pull out infinite love and stop feeling like I'm on a tonne of ketamine/extreme emptiness, but maybe that mindset is screwing me up. 

1 hour ago, electroBeam said:

intention, mindset, perspective, orientation, attitude.

Different approaches work for different folks, my approach has always only been for the fun, for the experience. I tend to love uncertainty, and it’s hard to say if that has been helpful.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Different approaches work for different folks, my approach has always only been for the fun, for the experience. I tend to love uncertainty, and it’s hard to say if that has been helpful.

a sentence that's self aware of itself. Nice