Thestarguitarist14

How many of you actually practice law of attraction?

348 posts in this topic

I'll try and break it down quickly but law of attraction is a genius idea. It's been a highly profitable staple to have the concept of 'if you think positive, positive things will happen for you'. Think and grow rich made a fortune in the past as have 'prosperity preachers' who tie it in with Christianity, and of course today's loa teachers.

Under the hood it's all the same concept, give money and time, learn our teachings and good stuff will happen. What's clever about loa is they've tied the name to a scientific sounding principle and the aim is to get cars, houses, wealth, which is very convincing for our materialistic time in history. The key thing is that if you succeed it's because of Loa, if you don't it's because you didn't believe enough or you had blocks, or you consciousness wasn't high enough. Again this is consistent with other forms of this basic idea, for example you weren't praying enough in the case of prosperity preachers. 

Take into account that the self-help industry is worth around $10 billion, there is a lot of incentive to teach this stuff. 

Now this is not to say that positive thinking won't help you or that you shouldn't have goals or even want materialistic things, but dressing this up as more than positive thinking with good marketing would be disingenuous. 

@Consept It is Law.  Meaning just like the law of gravity it does not matter what yuh think it.  It exists.

There are plenty of books and documentaries on the law of attraction.  Plenty of public figures have discussed using it.  Think and Grow Rich is a very popular book that is all about the law attraction.  Check out stuff by Richard Dotts and Neville Goddard.  Abraham Hicks is good, but you have to be at a certain level to understand their non physical perspective.

You need to open your mind.  Law of attraction is sure as hell not all about positive thinking.  If this were the case then everyone would be driving Ferraris and own mansions in Beverly Hills.  You have to clear out ALL your negativity.  Meaning in order to be a good manifestor you have you be healed.  You have to be rather conscious.  You can’t just repeat positive affirmations and deep down be in a scarcity mindset and expect to manifest anything in your life.

Also, law of attraction is not all about getting stuff.  Any spiritual teacher will say this.  The key to manifesting is to be in a state where you are happy without your desire.  That it’s all about the positive emotions.  Or just not caring about it.  

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's not a scientific law, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by its a law. 

I would say I listen to a lot of spiritual and non-dual teachers and I've never heard them talk about the loa, I do usually hear it from more self-help and motivational teachers. But there's nothing wrong with that and if it helps you then good luck to you. You said you've had some successes and some failures with it, would you put the successes as a result of practising loa and what would you say was the cause of the failures? 

1 hour ago, Consept said:

I'm not an expert but I'm pretty sure it's not a scientific law, so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by its a law. 

I would say I listen to a lot of spiritual and non-dual teachers and I've never heard them talk about the loa, I do usually hear it from more self-help and motivational teachers. But there's nothing wrong with that and if it helps you then good luck to you. You said you've had some successes and some failures with it, would you put the successes as a result of practising loa and what would you say was the cause of the failures? 

Again, you need to open yourself up.  Plenty of plenty of spiritual teachers have spoken of the law of attraction.  They may not out right say it (law of Attraction is just a good name to get the point across), but if you are actually awake at all, you can tell when a spiritual teacher is speaking about manifesting.  

Non-duality is directly linked to manifesting.

My success from manifesting is directly linked to my feelings.  Same with my failures.  I failed at it because I either A) I did not ready believe it.  B) I felt negative on the inside C) I felt the need to take action for the sake of taking action.  Or D)I held on too tight.  When I got better at manifesting what I did was work through my resistance first, elevate my vibration, set an intention, and let go.  Basically, I program my subconscious mind to go into my desired direction and leave the results up to a higher power.  Then people, places and things align in my favor.

For example, manifesting abundance.  I realized that it is a mindset.  It’s not about being rich.  That is not true abundance.  It’s about having personality qualities such as sincerity, authenticity, passion, etc.  So if I ever feel like I am lacking, instead of trying to make money, I work on my personality first.  Then things usually resolve themselves.  Another way of putting is that I focus on solving my issues internally versus externally.  Once I do that, the externals no longer are an issue and my problems fade away.

In order to manifest, you have to allow.  Not force the issue like most people do.  But trust that as long as I am in vibrational alignment with my desire, that it will come to pass.

I thought the Law of Attraction was B.S. until I started getting into Neville Goddard.

And then my jaw dropped.

Pure sorcery. The stuff works and I am excited to see how it evolves as more people practice it.

Most people unknowingly use LOA, for good or bad

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

This.  The biggest thing I have learned is how I am responsible for everything that has gone on in my life.

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Can a homeless person dying of hunger "feel that way right now with or without money"? 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

I agree.

Our being attracts our life.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

10 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Again, you need to open yourself up.  Plenty of plenty of spiritual teachers have spoken of the law of attraction.  They may not out right say it (law of Attraction is just a good name to get the point across), but if you are actually awake at all, you can tell when a spiritual teacher is speaking about manifesting.  

Non-duality is directly linked to manifesting.

I havent actually seen a non-duality teacher speak on law of attraction, you can show me some if you like. But even if  they dont it doesnt prove that its not real or useful. But looking into it its definitely not a law, if youre saying its a scientific law, ie 'like always attracts like', it doesnt hold up as its not the case with magnets for example, the same polarity magnet actually repels. 

I have noticed through the thread that you have an extreme reaction of agreement if someone has a similar opinion to you and almost anger if someone disagrees. What i would ask is are you able to hold in your mind that loa is not true or are you 100% tied to your belief?

There will always be resistance to that which could change your life for the better. So much easier to be miserable. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

There will always be resistance to that which could change your life for the better. So much easier to be miserable. 

Really consider what I'm going to say, what would be the difference between you just saying what you said and a Christian saying that in order to convince that Christianity is the right way? Is the difference that loa is true? 

@Consept actually I didn't mention loa, its just a pretty general statement left open for interpretation. I would never say that loa is true or not true, because truth is undefinable in words. However I do believe in using what works. Loa doesn't have to be 'true or real' to work. It will never work if you say it doesn't. Or perhaps when you say it doesn't, you are attracting that outcome ??‍♂️ I will also not tell you what it works for, besides what I can verify myself which is psychological function. 

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@Thestarguitarist14 You need to open up your mind, to the possibility that loa is horse shit.

That's true open mindedness.

True open mindedness wouldn't consider if it's horse shit or not. 

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

True open mindedness wouldn't consider if it's horse shit or not. 

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Wouldn't true open mindedness be able to hold the two positions in their mind without being tied to one or the other? 

By your logic true open mindedness wouldn't consider whether jesus rose from the dead or not 

@Consept @Consept   why would I care if Jesus rose from the dead? 

12 minutes ago, Consept said:

Wouldn't true open mindedness be able to hold the two positions in their mind without being tied to one or the other? 

That's exactly what I at least meant to portray. Read it again, with an open mind ?

Edited by seeking_brilliance

3 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

why would I care if Jesus rose from the dead? 

Well that's literally the point, jesus raising from the dead holds no perceived benefit for you so you don't believe it, however a Christian would say you weren't being open minded if you don't believe it. 

Your logic was that open mindedness doesn't consider if loa is horseshit, I'm saying it would be able to hold that position. I'm also a Christian could use the same logic you used to dismiss any non-believers, it's a standard baked in way of thinking to hold up any idealogy. You don't believe in jesus because you don't have faith, loa doesn't work for you because you don't have faith in it, what's the difference? 

23 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

23 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Consept when you hold the position that either can be true /not true, you no longer consider them as true /not true.  Again, if it works it works.