Oppositionless

Breatharian Initiation(s)

14 posts in this topic

I went to a breatharian initiation last year. Cannot confirm whether there are, in fact people who live without a caloric intake. I did not myself become such a person but my creativity increased relatively permanently  and my sleep quota decreased. The process also triggered kundalini activity.  I had paranormal experiences and awakenings for a couple weeks after

My initiation was 9 days, with 3 1/2 days of dry fasting. In a group setting.  I only was able to complete 2 2/3 ish days of dry fasting. It was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, likely had to do with kundalini. 

http://www.theswitchmovement.com/how-to-become-breatharian/

Edited by Oppositionless

I went through the same process, with Ray Maor too. Did 3 and 1/2 days of dry fasting. 

With Ray's course, who derived it from the full 21 day process, you have 9 intensive sub-conscious re-programming days which are emphasized and at the same time easily missed!!  You gotta get it down in your head, there is a switch inside you that allows you to feel energetic, alive, healthy, and completely sustained by the energy that is all around you, by prana, by chi, by life itself.  I felt weak for 3 and 1/2 days, I saw people go 5 days dry fasting and even longer and feeling weak. While I was struggling the simple task of climbing stairs, my friends were running in the hot sun!

Skip forward a year, and I try again, 3 and 1/2 days. Day 3 I wake up, and I feel alive, and pumped, I feel so light. And I realize it then and there: Food is a belief, there is so much more under my control than I ever thought possible. It really takes this kind of experience, where you feel so energetic to realize that you truly don't need food if you so desire it.

Now we come to food. Without water, being deprived of food(nutrients) in some form would most likely kill you in two to three weeks. With water, some individuals may last a bit longer. We understand that there are people who can create a state of being that allows them to maintain a physical life without food. After all, my civilization has evolved beyond the need for physical sustenance and derives its energy directly from various forms of light. However, this list concerns your average human, not the exceptions among you or what might be relevant for other species in the cosmos.

~Bashar, 'The Masters of Limitation'.

I can share a lot about this kind of stuff.

@TripleFly nice ! 
I do think I will attempt it again as well, with a group of friends I select.

Edited by Oppositionless

3 hours ago, Oppositionless said:

@TripleFly nice ! 
I do think I will attempt it again as well

It's a muscle, it's a skill that you have to develop, fasting. 

Pranic intake is a stage beyond fasting, it's more like thriving.

Good luck  :D  I am careful these days with fasts because they take us much further along in our spiritual development, and I think most of us are not ready, which is why we try anyway. I had a lot of backlashes and ricochet's and food feasts of all sorts of junk afterwards, addictions became stronger for a while. But it was all worth it of course.

Pranic living and fasting are like psychedelics but they are also different in that they are much more powerful and they change and move stuff(karma) VERY deeply. So deeply that you might not even notice what it's doing to you! Which is what I saw in Ray's course happen to people. A common experience that happened to me and I believe to others, you become unconscious! As if you are under the influence of something! You could become unreasonably emotional too(highs or lows). And you can't explain it, but after a while it passes and you feel normal again, or just slightly-elevated. 

Ray had one woman, Lesley, she went from food to nothing within the course and stayed that way and she joins his course to do healing sometimes. He said she is a rare one to do a complete SWITCH that way. Some of us are ready for it. And some of us just need the experience and move on.

There is also Elitom al-Amin, whom I met and interacted with, I think he has been walking the pranic life for like 20 years now, and he says that it is all about gradually lowering your intake, until you feel comfortable enough to push a little more. Which I resonate with a lot more these days.

I can relate to the SWITCH. I struggled with food for a loooong time, abusing it, abusing myself with it... Eating too much, restricting myself - all kinds of ways.

Finally a few months back I really dived deep into my relationship with food. There was a specific day when I contemplated food so single-pointedly and so continuesly until I broke through something and decided to try a dry fast. I did a 24 or 36 hour dry fast (can't remember), and I realized that 'I am not dependent  upon food'. That was the SWITCH,  it was simple and awesome.

Now I have been on OMAD (one meal a day) for almost 3 months and I never knew the body could feel so clean and healthy. I largely contribute my ability to fast like this to the breakthrough I described above.

OMAD enabled so much for me, having a super healthy body can't be overstated in terms of its usefulness. I am able to maintain a much, much higher level of conscious awareness and engage in spiritual practices that would be just impossible with a body that was constipated, toxic and dense. It's such a gift and it's possible :) 

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

On 9/23/2020 at 2:23 AM, TripleFly said:

It's a muscle, it's a skill that you have to develop, fasting. 

Pranic intake is a stage beyond fasting, it's more like thriving.

Good luck  :D  I am careful these days with fasts because they take us much further along in our spiritual development, and I think most of us are not ready, which is why we try anyway. I had a lot of backlashes and ricochet's and food feasts of all sorts of junk afterwards, addictions became stronger for a while. But it was all worth it of course.

Pranic living and fasting are like psychedelics but they are also different in that they are much more powerful and they change and move stuff(karma) VERY deeply. So deeply that you might not even notice what it's doing to you! Which is what I saw in Ray's course happen to people. A common experience that happened to me and I believe to others, you become unconscious! As if you are under the influence of something! You could become unreasonably emotional too(highs or lows). And you can't explain it, but after a while it passes and you feel normal again, or just slightly-elevated. 

Ray had one woman, Lesley, she went from food to nothing within the course and stayed that way and she joins his course to do healing sometimes. He said she is a rare one to do a complete SWITCH that way. Some of us are ready for it. And some of us just need the experience and move on.

There is also Elitom al-Amin, whom I met and interacted with, I think he has been walking the pranic life for like 20 years now, and he says that it is all about gradually lowering your intake, until you feel comfortable enough to push a little more. Which I resonate with a lot more these days.

Fascinating.

I’ve been practicing fasting for several years and I know Ray Maor. I’ve done 11 days with just water as well as many other fasts. But I’ve never gotten to a point where I could switch like that, I’ve always felt like I had to go back to eating. Right now I mostly do one meal a day.

Curious, what how often do you eat and what do you eat these days? And how would describe the difference between fasting and pranic intake?

On 21/09/2020 at 5:46 AM, Oppositionless said:

Cannot confirm whether there are, in fact people who live without a caloric intake.

If someone could actually do that, he/she would be extremely famous.

It's actually really simple: if there is no calorie intake, life cannot be sustained. This is basic Biology.

Believing otherwise is similar to thinking the Earth is flat.

On 21/09/2020 at 5:46 AM, Oppositionless said:

It was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, likely had to do with kundalini. 

Or maybe it had to do with your mental health.

Fasting can be very unhealthy for both the mind and body, and it can also be addictive. I speak from personal experience. I would get high out of  eating too little, and I thought it was my spiritual awakening. "It's finally happening", I thought. Little did I know, I was on the verge of having a devastating breakdown. This happened due to a few reasons, and fasting was one of them.

So be really careful with those "hardcore" practices. Remember what's on the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

one day this will all be memories

Mantak Chia too teaches how to become breatharian if someone is interested. The method he teach as far as I understand, is by doing hard practices where you learn to suck in and absorb large amounts of chi from cosmos through every cell in your body. It's a very advanced Qi qong practice that you have to train yourself for decades to really open all the energy and meridian points in the body to allow that free flow of chi exchange with the cosmos.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

On 9/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, kag101 said:

If someone could actually do that, he/she would be extremely famous.

It's actually really simple: if there is no calorie intake, life cannot be sustained. This is basic Biology.

Believing otherwise is similar to thinking the Earth is flat.

Or maybe it had to do with your mental health.

Fasting can be very unhealthy for both the mind and body, and it can also be addictive. I speak from personal experience. I would get high out of  eating too little, and I thought it was my spiritual awakening. "It's finally happening", I thought. Little did I know, I was on the verge of having a devastating breakdown. This happened due to a few reasons, and fasting was one of them.

So be really careful with those "hardcore" practices. Remember what's on the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Take heed of these words.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Tim Shieff is a nice example of what prolonged fasting can do to you. Going from an inspiring vegan authority and an incredible athlete who competed at American ninja to a skeleton-like looking tragedy of a human being with an utterly destroyed digestive system that he tried to remedy with drinking his and his buddie's piss. His fast not only damaged and destroyed his microbiome but had a significant impact on his mental health, you can see the tragic difference when you listen to his 40 day fasting journey. 

It pays to be openminded and curious but be wary that there is a reason why the human body has perfected a powerful digestive system that crosses major part of our trunk and is protected by 4 layers of abdominal muscles and bones. It is not there because nature was taking piss.

Nature is not stupid but humans tend to think they know better in their search of wanting to be a maverick. 

That being said, short bursts of 24-72 hour fasting can indeed be very beneficial and rejuvenating. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 9/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, kag101 said:

only those who have gone where few have gone can see what few have seen 

Edited by Vipassana