BipolarGrowth

I’m better than Jesus Christ

61 posts in this topic

I’m not personally claiming this, but this was a direct realization that occurred to me on my first experience of God Consciousness on 5.87 grams of shrooms. The only thought I have to make sense of this is that I’m “better” than Jesus because I am God. 

How would you make sense of this realization if it happened to you in plain, unquestionable English? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I'd say it's the result of both the Christian mythology of Jesus as Gods son and our association with the word "God" - both are part of this Christian mythology and we are its psychological inheritors, whether we like it or not.

Don't read too much into it.

I also don't think it's a delusion of grandeur, because you are clearly aware of the fact that you're not somehow better than Jesus.

Edited by Tim R

12 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I’m not personally claiming this, but this was a direct realization that occurred to me on my first experience of God Consciousness on 5.87 grams of shrooms. The only thought I have to make sense of this is that I’m “better” than Jesus because I am God. 

How would you make sense of this realization if it happened to you in plain, unquestionable English? 

If You are God could you make the sun to rise form the west next time it rises? Thank You :)

@WHO IS that’s not quite how God Consciousness while still a human being works from my experience. 

Also God Consciousness is not the same as being the Godhead

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 

@Red-White-Light to me, God Consciousness is being aware that you are God in your current form. There’s always been the realization in this state that You have created everything you’ve ever experienced. Godhead is the more typical conception of God. It’s one where omnipotence is possible. I was not in that state of consciousness. I would say they are different degrees of consciousness. I cannot confirm for certain that the Godhead state of consciousness exists, but from what I’ve gathered, it is probable. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

@BipolarGrowth The making sense of it would be seeing what motivated me to have that thought. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Logically it makes sense. If Jesus was just an enlightened dude, and you're just an enlightened dude, then that would put you on an even playing field.

Except you live 2,000 years further in the future than him. So you have the benefit of scientific understanding and other advancements. Therefore, better.

A human is a human. But do you consider a human from 2,000 years in the future who can practically apply time travel to be "better" than you? For me the answer is yes at least.

Edited by Yarco

There is God/That. Recoiling from this or venturing outward from it is what makes the universe seem to exist.

2 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Because a child learns to count is he/she  the inventor of math? Being aware we are more than flesh does not make us a god, and definitely not the Self-Existent God. Jesus was more than a human being with a human soul. He was a human with a Devine Spirit. That’s why He could do what you can’t and people followed Him and still follow Him. You weren’t enlightened, just stoned.

@Hungry don’t we all have a Divine Spirit? I also never claimed to be enlightened or better than Jesus. I clearly said that in the post. I’m asking how would you make sense of this realization if it happened to you - not if it happened to a random person on a forum? What would your response to yourself be? 

@BipolarGrowth I would assume I was just coming up with excuses for not renouncing the little self that looks away from the Self because it can’t handle the intensity of the love. That’s what my response to myself would be.

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Hungry don’t we all have a Divine Spirit? I also never claimed to be enlightened or better than Jesus. I clearly said that in the post. I’m asking how would you make sense of this realization if it happened to you - not if it happened to a random person on a forum? What would your response to yourself be? 

No, we can communicate with the Divine Spirit. My response would be, “Shit! Those were some potent shrooms.” I understand from what I read from other posters that I come from a different mindset. While reaching enlightenment I received different information than others here. I saw myself as a small piece in a very large puzzle, not the puzzle or the one arranging the pieces. By acceptance I can become one with the whole, not inserting myself where I don’t belong. Regardless, chemicals play with synapses in our brain connecting emotions and memories. Our cognitive function tries to make sense of chaos leading us to the most logical conclusion we can imagine. That was yours. Realizations during meditation can be trusted more than drugs.