Soulbass

why is nobody interested in spiral dynamics?

40 posts in this topic

Just had more of a think about this, most people think they are at the pinnacle of human evolution so much so that they may not even take into account that they way the think could be outdated in 50 years say. So if you present them with a model that puts them lets say at blue or orange they would most likely wont take you seriously because youre pegging them way down the spiral, its like if someone came on this forum and said yellow or turquoise thinking is actually low consciousness, the real high consciousness is blue conservative, none of us would take them seriously, i think that the equivalent to how they might see it. 

You would really have to be somewhat detached from your beliefs and mindset to be able to see the limitations of it and because being detached is more of a tier 2 perspective i dont think many tier 1s would grasp it. It would essentially be dismissing everything their identity is built on. Also if you are trying to tell people about it most likely youll be yellow or maybe green, so its like youre saying im superior and im gonna tell you how inferior you are. At yellow level theres not this issue because you look up to those above you, you want to learn from turquoise and higher level yellows, you also take value from lower levels, this is not the case for tier 1, each stage rejects every other stage. The only one where they start learning from higher levels is green 

18 minutes ago, Consept said:

You would really have to be somewhat detached from your beliefs and mindset to be able to see the limitations of it and because being detached is more of a tier 2 perspective i dont think many tier 1s would grasp it. It would essentially be dismissing everything their identity is built on.

I definitely agree with this. SD can potentially hurt a lot of egos and cause a lot of backlash from lower stages that believe that THEY are the highest stage. I'm sure if you introduce someone to SD at orange they'll try to discredit SD because of the notion of green being higher than them since they have a lot of backlash against green. 

Like I can just imagine showing SD to someone who is solidly orange being like wHaT DO yoU MeAN tHe hIPPies aRe HIGher than mE tHIs iS uNsCienTIFIC

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

It's important to keep in mind that just because some idea has not permeated into mainstream culture yet doesn't necessarily mean that no one would like it.

But certainly this is not for everyone. It's like quantum mechanics ( very counterintuitive and usually goes against our common sense).

I agree with what Ken Wilber says about how society transitions from one stage to another. The ideas should be permeated into culture to a significant extent of the population, without necessarily the citizens having to be at that stage already. If at least 20% is already there would be enough. And he actually used the example of the French Revolution (which was a transition from vMEME Blue to vMEME Orange).

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

Has anybody here studied psychology and asked their developmental psychology professors about SD? I don't have the courage to do it :$

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Consept said:

Do it bro!

I'm also tempted to introduce this model with my professors as well. Should I do that while discounting/ down playing turquoise to avoid scaring them off? I can see SD being accepted but I can't see people receive turquoise well just yet. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

5 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

I'm also tempted to introduce this model with my professors as well. Should I do that while discounting/ down playing turquoise to avoid scaring them off? I can see SD being accepted but I can't see people receive turquoise well just yet. 

Yeah turquoise will be a stretch for most so maybe leave that out for now, but if your professors are at least green i think they should be able to get their head around it. Im really interested to see (or hear about) the reaction  

Got called anti indigenous for posting the pic in Leo’s videos, “a western biased perspective against native peoples cause purple is at the bottom” lol.

i actually had a spiral dynamics bumper sticker. Hopefully some people found out about it that way. 

I would say to understand it you gotta be at least blue but to care about spreading the word green/yellow and and this thread and the topic and thinking of methods to teach it is definitely yellow, it’s hard to not look at everything through this worldview once you accept it. 

Edited by Gidiot

@Soulbass Only one attitude has remained the same for me across all my life, and that's " reeeeeeeeeeee normies " .

Everyone just looks so crazy from my POV. Never caring about the bigger picture or deeper meaning. And I'm sure most others feel everyone around them is crazy, albeit I don't have empathy or open-mindedness to appreciate. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

SD done.png

What you think Leo thinks you are.

What Leo actually thinks you are:

devil-02.gif

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

devil-02.gif

xD xD

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

devil-02.gif

That's hilarious! lmfao ????

4 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I don't get it, I think spiral dynamics might deter someone from being a nazi

The thing that inspired me to make it was the last guy who managed to place Trump in stage yellow :D

Really? I have the exact opposite experience. Everyone that I turn on to spiral dynamics seems to be really into it and wants to learn more about it. I could go as far as to say that I have never introduced anybody to SD that found it boring. *shrug*

On 26.8.2020 at 7:34 PM, Consept said:

Yeah turquoise will be a stretch for most so maybe leave that out for now, but if your professors are at least green i think they should be able to get their head around it. Im really interested to see (or hear about) the reaction  

Our school is known for its extensive theology department. Maybe that increases my odds of not comming off like a doofus.

14 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

Maybe come with some of Maslow's and Graves's work to look less like a loony.

Introducing them (well Graves, as Maslow himself is so famous...), citing their credentials and SD related work should get you out of the Luna Lovegood zone when you start talking about the concept.

Haha I just read that Luna Lovegood is the 2nd most viewed INFP profile on personality databases, and I'm an INFP myself. I'm certainly a bit loony too :x

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

devil-02.gif

Not many people know this is Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fighters. He did a great Satan. 

6 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Not many people know this is Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fighters. He did a great Satan. 

Not as good as Maynard James Keenan from Tool LOL xD:

That movie is insane.