Death_

How to lucid dream?

19 posts in this topic

I have been trying to lucid dream for a while. I learned some methods watching some videos on YouTube but I couldn't do any of it. Can anyone give me some tips?

Yesterday I had a lucid dream. They are so cool. Have you ever had a lucid dream in your life? There are some really good lucid dreaming threads in here, just do a little research.

I will tell you what you already probably know:

-Do reality checks during the day.

-When you go to bed tell yourself (program your mind) that you are gonna be conscious of the fact that you are dreaming.

-Sleep on your back.

-Have a dream journal.

-When you are dreaming ask yourself: -''How did I get here?'' This question alone is super powerful to achieve lucid dreaming.

That question can also be used as a reality check.

Here is how I had my most powerful lucid dreaming experiences:

1. Read until you feel sleepy, then read more until you are passing out, then read some more.

2. After that go take a nap at a time that you would normally be awake.

3. Sleep on your back.

I believe my first post in here was about lucid dreaming too!

Arc

i would suggest "are you dreaming?" by daniel love.

i've read a dozen on topic of lucid dreaming, this one is perfect intro.

4 hours ago, Soulbass said:

i would suggest "are you dreaming?" by daniel love.

I wouldn't support that guy. Saw a live stream with him a couple of months ago and he was incredibly narcissistic and was attacking some great lucid dreaming YouTubers. 

Check out Stephen LaBerge's books or Andrew Holecek's dream yoga. 

8 hours ago, Death_ said:

I have been trying to lucid dream for a while. I learned some methods watching some videos on YouTube but I couldn't do any of it. Can anyone give me some tips?

For me the best book on the subject has got to be Charlie Morley's Dreams of Awakening. 

The book is a mix between Buddhism and Lucid dreaming. It's perfect for anyone on this forum.

I've used it with success. It delves into the different cycles during sleep and has many practices one can do. 

The best results come when you wake up 2 hours before you originally would, write down any dreams you remember, if you remember and then fall back asleep. As you fall asleep your REM cycle will start straight away and the chance of you becoming lucid or having really vivid dreams is great. 

Reality checks are important too- the best one for me was the hand ✋ check. Look at your hand from both sides, and keep flippening it. If it turns into something else or disappears, you will know you're dreaming. 

After you achieve lucidity, it's best to respect the dream as this is your subconscious in direct communication with you.. Ih yeah and don't try to control the dream. Let your subconscious do the music, you can just guided it in a certain direction. 

Anyway, to each their own! You may experiment. 

Good luck

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Dodo Thank you for your suggestion. BTW who's youtube channel was that?

@Death_  1) Set an alarm to wake you up in the middle of the night.

2) get out of bed, go into the bathroom and throw some cool water on your face.

3) get back into bed but stay conscious as you drift into a semi wakeful/ lucid dreaming state. 

With practice you can learn to stay conscious longer before falling back into deep sleep.

1. Set your alarm for 5 hours after you go to sleep

2. Wake up for 20 minutes and read, meditate, or record any dreams you had.

3. Go back to bed and visualize the dream you would like to have.

Exact timing for Step 1 is trial and error. If you don't lucid dream, try 4-6 hours next time.

Good luck!

Edited by EternalForest

@Death_ it is about a continuum of unbroken awareness. First, in the waking state we need to be aware of our flowing attention. Once we reduce our sleep walking or stupor during what we consider as our waking state, we may say that we are relatively more alert. 

This orientation of watchfulness then percolates into our sleep state, where we may frequently, if not daily, engage in lucid dreaming, meaning that we are aware during dreaming.

Maybe try to experiment with Huprezine-A. It can kinda induce lucid dreaming sometimes and for some people. 

A year ago I used this website and they had good materials:

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com

@Mohammad I guess I can't buy the drug because my parents wouldn't let me to but I will sure go to that website. Thank you for guiding me.

I've also been trying to lucid dream for a while, but with little success. I think it's mostly because when I sleep I'm just so physically tired from the day that I don't have the energy to maintain consciousness in dreams. I just wanna let go and rest. Maybe that's why most of my dreams are foggy, with washed-out colors and hard to remember.

But sometimes when I go to bed early I'll be well rested by the time heavy REM cycles kick in before morning. That's when the dreams sometimes spontaneously become lucid for me and then the clarity of the dreamscape really resembles waking life.

Just recently an interesting thing happened. I woke up in the middle of the night, and without much thought or movement I started to will myself out of my body. As soon as I started, I felt strong trembles/vibration coming on, with a thunderous sound in my ears - sleep paralysis, right. But it was interesting that it started right when I tried to leave my body, as if there was this resistance that tried to hold me back. And in the end I don't think I succeeded, I probably slipt into a normal dream.

Anyone had similar experiences?

I've had hundreds of WILDs happened naturally to me at some point in my life. Here is a how I did it:

First of, a paradigm shift regarding reality must happen. A collision (or realization) of both dualistic forces must occur. You must understand that all is one and the reason we are not aware when we sleep is just a problem of matching vibrations and frequencies, since an ego dissolving occurs. One must be willing to sacrifice his ego in real life for it to enter easily in the dream world. Reality checks become irrelevant after that because your whole waking state starts to feel like a dream.

Most of the techniques are based on Intention and Attention to reaffirm the Belief that lucid dreaming will occur. Journaling is also a way people do this. You can say that the intention is beyond time and the attention is the length of time one can maintain the intention. 

For me, the intention was always the present (not lucid dreaming), here is where I've found that the collisions of both forces ( past and future) happen, and so everything else. The attention was simply how long can I be with it. Now you should understand that these forces are not outside of you and one cant simply be one with everything if it doesn't feel everything. Feeling is also key. So to have a continuous state of meditation should occur.

There is a lot to talk about this and since I'm new here I might create some topics or journal entries regarding this subject. But I hope this might give you an idea.