MarkKol

Should i do consciousness work while chasing Material success

14 posts in this topic

I'm revisiting Orange again because i know nothing about making money and just haven't achieved my materialistic goals yet, i don't know if that means i'm going to develop Orange values, orange values or not, i still want to do consciousness work like Meditation, especially Shamanic breathing and maybe even psychedelics when i pass 20. will consciousness work ruin my desire for material success or will it maybe even help me achieve my materialistic goals.

Edited by MarkKol

23 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

will consciousness work ruin my desire for material success or will it maybe even help me achieve my materialistic goals.

The exact opposite is true, the only way consciousness work might ruin your materialistic goals is reaching a level of fulfillment and happiness due to your true nature unveiling, which might make some goals obsolete and useless, only true goals that ensure your survival will not be affected.

27 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

i still want to do consciousness work like Meditation, especially Shamanic breathing and maybe even psychedelics when I pass 20.

I would suggest formal mindfulness meditation and abiding awareness of the breath throughout your day rather than psychedelics because it may be too distracting.

@MarkKol

They’re so inherently the same imo that I’d go so far as to say anyone doing only consciousness work, practices, etc, and not continuing to expand on all fronts in their life, really isn’t doing actual consciousness work or at best is doing half the ‘work’ & missing the boat on the ‘other half’. All roads lead to making this place somehow better, ideally, in your uniquely God given way. Sounds to me like you’re right on track, headed for more & more awesomeness. Keep in mind, desire or rather the experience of it, can go through shifts, similar to those explained in spiral dynamics. It also, for some, does not. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Yes.

I would prefer to be meditating for 4 hours in a nice house than in a cave. Or to have some nice bucks to visit Tibet and have live classes with enlightened monks.

I will quote Peter Ralston answering a similar question:
"Consciousness doesn't make you stupid" 

Revisit orange? And you're not yet past 20?

I don't think you've left orange yet, given my understanding.

For now, focus on success, but it will be less of a focus as you get a bit older, if you're an early actualiser.

Edited by Artsu

I'm in my early 20s and I asked myself the same question. I came to the conclusion to do both, as it already has been said, because they complement each other.

Material success leverages Consciousness work and vice versa. It can be sometimes difficult to build a carreer, do consciousness work, basic self-help, following your passion, keeping up with your friends & family, having a girlfriend, building your body, taking rests from time to time etc. etc.

But then again, what else do you want to do in this life? Gotta fill it somehow.

On 13/08/2020 at 4:33 AM, MarkKol said:

will consciousness work ruin my desire for material success

1.png