Javfly33

Am I the only one that thinks coffee exist to make boring jobs handleable?

12 posts in this topic

Boring or unmotivated jobs.

For example I got a new job. Is not great but I more or less do it without much resistance.

But of course, as long as I do my dose of Kratom or coffee.

I can't do that job sober. And is not because I wouldn't have energy. It's because the Kratom or the coffee numbs me a little bit and give me "mechanical energy" to make it 

But I know that I quit any of those two my job would be sooo fucking lame and tiring.

So I'm at a doubt;

Try to do my job withouth them, experience more motivation to find another job, but meanwhile suffer being unmotivated and tired.

Or either keep doing them but because it's not going to be so challenging, I am going to be less motivated to find another job or start a business.

Interesting, do you want to tell something about the job?

I have been heavy coffee drinker regardless of job and also during task that are motivated.

Coffee and smokes can often be related to signal  to other that ok to have a moment of break, from the task and Do Not Disturb or allow to be social and so on.

I would say do the least demanding job that you can find, that still pays well to have enough energy to start a business sometime. Also quit coffee or don't drink more than one. Coffee is an addiction and if your job is boring or a grind eventually you will start drinking 5 cups a day or more. Coffee helped destroy my health. I quited and i feel much better. At least try it. 

Yea I think a lot of office jobs are done while people are drugged on coffee, adderall, kratom, and ofc sugar. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

It may be an unconscious thing. People don't like how they're living so they just unconsciously start downing coffee, and then this habit drowned into the workplace and common culture.

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

Coffee exists because despite what everyone says God is actually a great guy.

hrhrhtewgfegege

4 hours ago, dflores321 said:

@Javfly33 I really agree with this one. The same way that to a junkie whos high the world seems better and their surroundings arent seen for how problematic they are, people drink coffee to keep them running even though they have no passion in what they do. Coffee is the substance responsible for stage orange as well in my opinion (of course, not completely responsible lol), its all about that false motivation to just get and coffee fuels that. When one drops coffee/hard stimulants one sees that they dont have passion in their lives and they start living at a higher level (Holistic medicine, Natural energy from exercise, actually looking for a passionate career,etc.).

Yeah. You pretty much described my thoughts exactly, in a way I wasn't able to do in the OP haha

I've pondered this and it seems to be the case for me as well. 

It gives me motivation, something to look forward to do. 

I'm a former coffee and Dr Pepper addict,,,,

Terence McKenna Quote about this issue-

"Modern industrial civilization has very skillfully promoted certain drugs and supressed others. A perfect example is caffeine. Caffeine -- I hate to tell you this -- caffeine is a fairly dangerous drug. It isn't dangerous in that a cup of coffee will kill you, but a lifestyle built around caffeine is going to -- you're not going to live to be a hundred years old, or even seventy, unless you are statistically in the improbably group. Why is caffeine not only tolerated but exalted? Because, boy, you can spin those widgets onto their winkles just endlessly without a thought on your mind. It is *the* perfect drug for modern industrial manufacturing. Why do you think caffeine, a dangerous, health destroying, destructive drug, that has to be brought from the ends of the earth, is enshrined in every labor contract in the Western world as a right? The coffee break -- if somebody tried to take away the coffee break, you know, the masses would rise in righteous fury and pull them down. We don't have a beer break. We don't have a pot break. I mean, if you suggested, 'Well, we don't want a coffee break. We want to be a ble to smoke a joint at eleven,' they would say, 'Well, you're just some kind of -- you're a social degenerate, a troublemaker, a mad dog, a criminal.' And yet, the cost health benefit of those two drugs, there's no comparison. Obviously, pot would be the better choice. The problem is, then you're going to be standing there dreaming, rather than spinning the widgets onto the nuts."

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Totally lol. There's a reason many offices have a flow of free coffee. It's the perfect drug for participating in the Orange economy.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Of course. In Thailand, a majority of workers use Kratom to overcome the burden of manual labor and a mundane existence. In other countries, those drugs are typically coffee and/or alcohol.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with responsible use of soft drugs. If you know what you’re getting into, and have reasonable self-control, it can be very helpful in dealing with the slog.

Edited by smurf88

Well, if you drink coffee frequently and then stop one day and do the same routine you'll certainly be demotivated. It doesn't even matter if you like what you're doing. It takes some time to get over caffeine addiction. And sometimes it takes a lot of time.

I do find it helps me do boring shit. I've been caffeine free for 15 days and I find it hard to find motivation to do cleaning and more boring tasks. One time I quit for 6 months straight and at the end I was as good as I felt when on caffeine, without the downsides.