dyslexicCnut

Don't Excuse Leo's Problematic Floyd Opinions

55 posts in this topic

I've been quietly following the discourse taking place here for a while, and I'll now speak up to say that it's quite funny/sad/absurd to see Leo defer to a "stage blue" rhetorical tactic when he cited the recently leaked Floyd footage to mitigate the culpability of the murderous officers. Within 10 seconds of Floyd opening his car door the officer points his gun at Floyd merely for being confused and unsettled. At this time Floyd has presented no physical threat to the officers whatsoever. To save my own life I could not conjure what mental gymnastics must be taking place in order to interpret this video as anything other than additional evidence that Chauvin deserves no sympathy.

On 8/4/2020 at 11:49 PM, Leo Gura said:

When a cop comes to arrest you, you better obey or expect shit to go down. Cops can't be coddling a guy for 10 minutes to get in their car. This is not kindergarten.

Yes, Leo, you pompous enlightened simpleton, the police SHOULD absolutely be coddling a discombobulated subject for 10 minutes when the alternative is a potentially fatal altercation. Leo should be beyond embarrassed to have allowed these ignorant words to escape his private thoughts. It appears he's been duped into giving credence to some feeble alt-right narrative that seeks to conflate the likes of a disconcerted black man with a dangerous criminal. It's rather disgusting and quite disappointing that Leo would use his platform to rhetorically lessen the culpability of a murderer by claiming Floyd brought this on himself. Make no mistake, that is in fact what Leo is doing here. Despite presenting no threat to any officer Floyd was at gun-point within 10 seconds of opening his car door. The fact that he could have avoided this fate had he not been discombobulated is completely irrelevant.

This next quote is where things get really problematic.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:50 PM, Leo Gura said:

The problem is that social workers are gonna be stage Green care-bear types. But someone like George Floyd is a stage Red type. Stage Red will streamroll a stage Green, unarmed social worker.

We're really treading dangerous waters now.  We've only seen Floyd's behavior while his mental state was compromised to a foreign substance, so exactly what substantive basis could Leo possibly have for callously casting him into an unflattering "stage red" category? I would ordinarily deem it an uncharitable interpretation to ascribe outright racism to this faulty perspective, however, when I consider this rhetorical folly alongside Leo's ignorant defense of disgraced/banned YouTuber Stefan Molyneux, a blatant white supremacist (evident from his wikipedia page) seen below, I can only wonder whether these foolish perspectives are facilitated through an underlying racial prejudice. 

When you've resorted to defending an obvious white nationalist with the phrase "his heart is in the right place." There is definitely something wrong. 

I want to strongly advice all of you to avoid lending credence to Leo's political takes. It is true that Leo has amassed one of the most useful compendiums of knowledge pertaining to nonduality, and this is great, but don't allow his role as a credible voice in this field to lure you into his political ignorance. 

You think you're being smart when really you're just acting out self-biases of your mind and not self-reflecting.

All your political opinions and attachments are stemming from the ego-mind. Be mindful of that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You think you're being smart when really you're just acting out self-biases of your mind and not self-reflecting.

All your political opinions and attachments are stemming from the ego-mind. Be mindful of that.

Such a predictable response. Yes, I'm sure enlightenment and my political leanings are somewhat in conflict with one another, as my opinions are derived from my untamed ego-mind. Sure. This doesn't change the fact that you're trying to mitigate Chauvin's culpability using footage that only implicated him further. Borderline inexcusable if I'm being honest.

Be careful with stage green overcompassion for red, it can become very problematic.

I live in Argentina and stage red underage people can literally MURDER people and get away with it because of green judges and law-makers trying to appeal to green people.

Also, green (out of compassion) and red (because the leech from it) want to have a state the size of a develped country, and it really damages the economy of the country.

So be cafeful with green dogmas.

Edited by Fran11

36 minutes ago, dyslexicCnut said:

Borderline inexcusable if I'm being honest.

That's, like, your relative opinion, man.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Within 10 seconds of Floyd opening his car door the officer points his gun at Floyd merely for being confused and unsettled. At this time Floyd has presented no physical threat to the officers whatsoever." 

"Despite presenting no threat to any officer Floyd was at gun-point within 10 seconds of opening his car door." 

He moved his right hand out of sight if he grabbed a gun and the cop stood there looking at him with his kind eyes George could kill him in a second. The cop did the right thing there later he fucked up but u dont understand what are humans capable of. Cops can be nice only when they are safe. 

While some are arguing politics, others are doing it.

Good day.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Both sides aren't being charitable enough here.  Cops shouldn't coddle people when they are in potential danger, but policing should be handled by Greens, not Red/Blue morons.  I'm tired of this notion that being progressive, multicultural, and empathetic automatically makes you a passive "feminine" hippie.  Stage Green will guillotine you, beat you in the streets, and play heavy metal if they're desperate enough.

1 minute ago, Gesundheit said:

While some are arguing politics, others are doing it.

Good day.

Thank you.

@dyslexicCnut Stage blue/orange police officers are trained and operate mostly out of fear. If you do anything they dont understand they shoot, if you dont listen they shoot. Leo is talking about what is, not what should be. The police officer is not responsible for what happend to floyd, he is just a trained pawn in a larger system and is operating exactly as he should given the conditions of his job/culture.

It makes no difference if Chauvins actions where secretly corrupt or racially motivated. These events are inevitable. Chauvin deserves as much sympathy as anyone else, just take the time to TRULY understand him.

6 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Both sides aren't being charitable enough here.  Cops shouldn't coddle people when they are in potential danger, but policing should be handled by Greens, not Red/Blue morons.  I'm tired of this notion that being progressive, multicultural, and empathetic automatically makes you a passive "feminine" hippie.  Stage Green will guillotine you, beat you in the streets, and play heavy metal if they're desperate enough.

Thank you.

The only thing stage green will be doing in a stage red altercation is get themselves killed. When the altitude grows so will the police officers, it cant be done the other way around. Police are at the altitude they should be.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

5 minutes ago, integral said:

The only thing stage green will be doing in a stage red altercation is get themselves killed. When the altitude grows so will the police officers, it cant be done the other way around. Police are at the altitude they should be.

Bullshit.

@AtheisticNonduality Green cant predict red...  they will regress on the job to survive.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@AtheisticNonduality Green cops need good blue foundation. Blue will create order that will allow green empathy and understanding. If there is no order they will die. 

23 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@AtheisticNonduality Can you give examples? This will help me understand. Show me a video of green beating people in the streets.

Always a need in the end to, who to blame? >:(

Big picture, everybody and nobody :ph34r: 

Circuit of fear.

Sad outcome for all involved.

People who watch this and ever got arrested them self and living in a example RED :ph34r: life/situation, might be able to relate how this situation can easy escalate.

Mindset ACAB and the opposite mindset from the society that makes this able to occur,  hinders so many from common sense and see how the development of the world are connected and everybody have a responsibility to make these sad but true situation not happen in future.

World are thriving towards more brutal level of violent, then and there it occurs.

Long patient during arrest from cops, in cops eye's Floyd had big body and was caution until the situation finally got overboard.

Floyd himself was in fear of thought and terrified like a child and totally resisted his situation and not able stop himself.

Felt and related to "The green mile" dude.

RIP Floyd, hope that your death makes the difference, towards a way to solve the root cause! :x

Edited by DIDego

@dyslexicCnut

Nothing wrong with alternate perspectives.  If you honestly look at them you'll find multiple true ways if looking at it.  It's just that this perspective tends to trigger you.

By the avatar of the OP, hes aproaching the topic with anarchist self bias, which are disfunctional by definition in a harmonic society.