Nak Khid

Is measuring a psychedelic dosage materialism ?

15 posts in this topic

Lol, yeah because if the psychedelic is just imagination then why do I have to dose correctly. If everything is imagination, why have to use psychedelics at all? Why not just choose to become enlightened. 

What confuses me (at the stage I'm at, before I consume a fuck-load of 5meo lol) are the certain ramifications of there being no difference between mind and matter. Why can't Leo just choose to manifest something if all is imagination anyway. Or why couldn't he heal himself with his thoughts. Those are questions that have me scratching my head. 

However I still know because if my intuition being SOOOOOO strong, that leo is right. But these questions intrigue me...confuse me.....

Edited by Aaron p

oqii0.jpg

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

Lol, yeah because if the psychedelic is just imagination then why do I have to dose correctly. If everything is imagination, why have to use psychedelics at all? Why not just choose to become enlightened. 

What confuses me (at the stage I'm at, before I consume a fuck-load of 5meo lol) are the certain ramifications of there being no difference between mind and matter. Why can't Leo just choose to manifest something if all is imagination anyway. Or why couldn't he heal himself with his thoughts. Those are questions that have me scratching my head. 

Infinite imagination must include temporary limits within itself, or else it couldn't be infinite. That's why you have to measure your doses, that's why you have to take psychedelics, that's why you're not enlightened. You're currently experiencing some of those temporary limits. However, that doesn't mean that the totality of the universe isn't infinite imagination. That would be arrogant to assume :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Aaron p The part of Leo that wants to be healed is Ego, because only Ego can desire things to be different from the way they are.

Just because Leo is God, doesn't mean that Leo's Ego can control God. In fact, Leo's Ego cannot control anything. It only creates the illusion of control so that it can appear to be a person, separate from everything else. In reality, a person cannot be separate from everything else, because there is only one thing (a no-thing), God!

Edited by Shmurda

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

6 hours ago, Aaron p said:

However I still know because if my intuition being SOOOOOO strong, that leo is right. But these questions intrigue me...confuse me.....

The general concern seems to be why we can't control the world at will. In other words why the dynamics of the world unfolds independently of the volition of the ego if everything is imaginary/mental.

There's at least one model of a mind-only view of reality which explains this. According to it the observable universe is being generated by the part of universal consciousness to which we generally have no introspective access. You can sort of think of it like a dream that's being generated by a so called 'subconscious' or obfuscated part of consciousness that determines the dynamics according to which the dream or the dreamt up/imagined/mentally created universe/world unfolds through a chain of cognitive associations between the obfuscated part of consciousness and the experience of the imagined dream world. Like a thought can trigger an emotion which can trigger a memory which can trigger an other emotion which can trigger an other thought and so on through a chain of cognitive associations. The obfuscated part of consciousness can through this kind of cognitive associations generate a world. And we are dissociated from this obfuscated part of consciousness which generates and determined the unfolding dynamics of the world and thus we can't generally control it at will through egoic volition. 

If you want answers to these sort of questions I suggest to check out writer Bernardo Kastrup. His consciousness/mind-only model of reality can make sense of many of these concerns we have if everything is just imagenary/mental. 

9 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Yes it is. Including "it is".

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Infinite imagination must include temporary limits within itself, or else it couldn't be infinite. That's why you have to measure your doses, that's why you have to take psychedelics, that's why you're not enlightened. You're currently experiencing some of those temporary limits. However, that doesn't mean that the totality of the universe isn't infinite imagination. That would be arrogant to assume :)

The limits are set by your mind and your mind is able alter reality or any body ailments you might have. Leo actually doesn't believe that.

He told them, "Because of your lack of faith. I tell all of you with certainty, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.

Matthew 17:20

No. materialism is devilry 

Only psychedelics are 

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

no, even that is idealism - an idea. Consciousness. "Psychedelics" and "the idea of measuring a dosage of a physical compound" is imagination; mental, consciousness.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

No. Its wisdom. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

27 minutes ago, FlowerNote said:

You are the best troll ever.

What about me?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Maybe. Is a stage orange person that is doing the measuring?

Edited by Espaim