Dylan Page

Leo, can you elaborate on the idea that I “imagine” that I had a past?

117 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, cnfvm said:

if you said, our bodies have same origin, i would ve relate. Much love

I don't want to put words in his mouth but I believe what he's pointing to is the importance of clearly seeing what you are NOT as a prerequisite to clearly seeing what you are... which is the ultimate condition of nothingness.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, cetus said:

Leo, can you elaborate on the idea that I “imagine” that I had a past?

Well, where else do you find the past but always in your present imagination??

Take a close look at what "past" really is.

If we wiped your memory, isn't it obvious that you would cease to have a past? It wouldn't merely be that you could not longer remember your past. No! Your past would literally not exist. Because your past is created now. If you stop creating it, it will stop existing. Much like when you close your eyes the room ceases to exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

39 minutes ago, James123 said:

Nothing is infinite therefore being. How can you be everything at the same time and love? Your common point with everything is nothing. Otherwise, you can not take other forms. Love is a still form and feeling. Whatever happens it is you. Because you are nothing. Therefore you are love, chair and human vs. You have still human mind brother. So called mind cant get this. This conversation ends. Much love.  

Yes, our both origin is same, which is nothing. We are identical. Much love. 

You are still thinking of what you think about love...not love itself.  Then take finite love - actual love not your thoughts about it - and make it Infinite.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, where else do you find the past but always in your present imagination??

Take a close look at what "past" really is.

If we wiped your memory, isn't it obvious that you would cease to have a past? It wouldn't merely be that you could not longer remember your past. No! Your past would literally not exist. Because your past is created now. If you stop creating it, it will stop existing. Much like when you close your eyes the room ceases to exist.

you are just imagining you were never a child, Right now. 

if we wiped your memory, you would have no memory, But your mom could remember what you were like when you were 5.

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are still thinking of what you think about love...not love itself.  Then take finite love - actual love not your thoughts about it - and make it Infinite.

Take a look at this. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

19 hours ago, Dylan Page said:

You say that I imagined my past but my memory seems to reflect the current moment. If I leave a bottle in a room and come back 20 minutes later, it’s still gonna be there. I guess I don’t know what you mean by I “imagined it”, because it seems to have validity in this reality.  I guess you could say that the bottle still being there is imagined, and the laws of physics and stuff, and I guess the general concept of continuity, such that a comprehensible reality in which I can actually function is created. One of the reasons I’m concerned about this is not only due to the extremely imperative function of memory, but also the fact that my past makes me who I am, or at least who “I”, my ego, is. Saying that it never happened undermines this and destroys my sense of self, which I care deeply about. Perhaps a better way to think about this reality is that it’s imagined but it’s also self contained and in that way, it’s “real”? 

The past was in the now. The future will also be in the now. 

Show us your past? Even if you managed to show it, it will still be in the now. 

How do you know what's real? How do you know what's unreal?

20 hours ago, Dylan Page said:

You say that I imagined my past but my memory seems to reflect the current moment. If I leave a bottle in a room and come back 20 minutes later, it’s still gonna be there. I guess I don’t know what you mean by I “imagined it”, because it seems to have validity in this reality.  I guess you could say that the bottle still being there is imagined, and the laws of physics and stuff, and I guess the general concept of continuity, such that a comprehensible reality in which I can actually function is created. One of the reasons I’m concerned about this is not only due to the extremely imperative function of memory, but also the fact that my past makes me who I am, or at least who “I”, my ego, is. Saying that it never happened undermines this and destroys my sense of self, which I care deeply about. Perhaps a better way to think about this reality is that it’s imagined but it’s also self contained and in that way, it’s “real”? 

What cares so deeply about that ‘sense of self’?

Without that ‘sense of self’...would there still be that ‘caring deeply’?

Can there be caring deeply, without a thing or object to care deeply about?

What if you are that caring deeply, and appearing as that sense of self? 

No problem then, no?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

52 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What cares so deeply about that ‘sense of self’?

Without that ‘sense of self’...would there still be that ‘caring deeply’?

Can there be caring deeply, without a thing or object to care deeply about?

What if you are that caring deeply, and appearing as that sense of self? 

No problem then, no?

Well there is problem with that. Why would you continue dream then? 

In full truth there is no need for dreaming or life. 

Why I bother then I mean could be black thing?! 

If we are still here then it means we care don't we? 

No duality btw this and black thing but. 

I really wish anyone dwells as one and be afraid to go to sleep being worried will he die in sleep. So fun and so great.

So instead of questioning it will take lesson from my dog. She doesn't care about this stuff she just lives. 

# Diogenes 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Every nano of the nanosecond to the nth power is a brand new moment.  The ego doesn't want to let go of the illusionary self so it creates a construct like a personality.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

To be you. 

Well my greatest desire is complete annihilation. Doesn't go hand in hand. 

I honestly don't want to exist at all. 

I suffer so much. 

@zeroISinfinity

It’s unconditionally perfect. The belief you do exist is the suffering. You are under appreciating your sensitivity. You can’t look at the slip & slide anymore, yet can’t not tell them what will happen putting a toe on it. Adjust via less conditions = feeling great = no problems = you’re already doing what you most want to be. Don’t swallow that, barf it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

44 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@zeroISinfinity

It’s unconditionally perfect.

That perfection doesn't really motivate me to dream at all. Yeah sure I know what it means for this dream but there is also no need for it. Life ss much as delusional it is atleast has something to it. But you will realize eventually you lived your whole life for nothing. 

The belief you do exist is the suffering.

I meant not as "self" but I want to be oblivion. Not even love. Not Concious. I will be ok with that. So to be no self pretty darn easy for this guy. But also I can't wait this body to die and this dream to finally evaporate. 

You are under appreciating your sensitivity. You can’t look at the slip & slide anymore, yet can’t not tell them what will happen putting a toe on it. Adjust via less conditions = feeling great = no problems = you’re already doing what you most want to be. Don’t swallow that, barf it. 

Ok. Whatever it has such bittersweet taste to it. 

Atleast when you don't know it's so much easier. LoA, Vibrations blah blah so. Much easier. 

@Nahm Also about feeling great. 

At the end of spiritual work you will find yourself at 0,alone with no distinctions and boundaries btw you and anything else. You will have none of conditions you holds towards anything. No dualistic notions, no in some sense illusion of life. 

Yeah sure you regain absolute power. You become God in sober but even that you will let go off. So. There is real "danger" of mahasamadhi. Seems very natural to you. 

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@zeroISinfinity

?  Alert; who’s looking for motive, need, believing in body & death again.? (authenticity police) 

We can go that route. There’s no "avatar" and I agree. 

When everything becomes ONE (unified Infinite Love). 

What's left is just my word. That makes this  to be like this and not be black thing. 

Why bother really when it's the same. 

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@zeroISinfinity

You are talking to perception like a drunk youth talking to the wall at a wedding. 

Just tired. I really am. 

I sound like nutcase, nobody understands what I am talking about, nonsensical and what not. 

Also having difficult times when I ever think about this  too unlike most people who have "social anxiety" and whatever. Not same category of pressure and what mind can use against you in some sense. 

@zeroISinfinity you just need a break. Your mind has obsessed over this for too long. You know the way, but the thinking gets in the way. Stop explaining what things are, you never will anyway. Just hang out with us and appreciate your unity. Let it all go-- the need to understand, or that you do understand. No one cares. And I mean that nicely. Its nice that no one cares. Enjoy it. Share insights with us as they arise. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@zeroISinfinity @zeroISinfinity so you are dreaming this stuff up and it's bothering you and you wish to stop dreaming?   OK just stop dreaming then.. What's stopping you??   You can turn this movie off In a blink of an eye and since that's "your greatest desire" why you don't just do it?   What are you asking Nahm about?  Wanna die just go die.  

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The belief you do exist is the suffering. 

You exist tho.. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho