Yarco

Zen Master Eido Roshi answers the question, 'Does God exist?'

114 posts in this topic

Just a reminder - duality wars are against forum guidelines. Discussions and sharing are fine as long as received with open mind. Name calling and disrespectful attitude will not be tolerated. Thanks :)

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Just a reminder - duality wars are against forum guidelines. Discussions and sharing are fine as long as received with open mind. Name calling and disrespectful attitude will not be tolerated. Thanks :)

It is just so funny ?. Which disrespect? :) 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

4 minutes ago, James123 said:

It is just so funny ?. Which disrespect? :) 

Just be mindful not to cross that line. Thanks

"I have lived on the lip
of insanity, wanting to know reasons,
knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside"

-- Rumi

"To be content means that you realize you contain what you seek."

-- Alan Cohen

It's difficult until it's recognized what was being looked for was already the case ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Nak Khid It really is nothing, not how you're imagining it though.

It is completely impossible to imagine BTW, because your mind is finite and can only know finite things, whereas nothingness is infinite and without duality. It's like trying to imagine what having no eyesight is like, it's just absent. There is the experience of it being absent. You don't see black, you don't see any colors, it's just completely gone. That's what turiya is like, but your entire reality is gone along with your eyesight. And you just exist there.

I like how Rupert Spira describes it, "absence of absence". Your reality/body becomes nothing but existence is still there. It's a paradox to the finite mind.

Pure consciousness would just be pure awareness with nothing else, aka nothingness. What else would it be? What do you think pure awareness is like? It's awareness with nothing else. Pure existence with no content.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

28 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Just be mindful not to cross that line. Thanks

No worries. :)  thanks. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you are aware of it, you create it.

Feel the hair on your arm. As you feel it, you create it. Awareness IS creation.

You are not aware that you are creating Everything. Because you're asleep.

All I'm saying is that you CAN become aware of how you designed it. Obviously you're not anywhere near that degree of consciousness right now. Which is why is seems so outlandish to you.

@Leo Gura 

This is what I'm trying to understand:

1) It is often mentioned that I create the Universe, the Moon and every creature and object and every hair on my body, and infinite amount of forms etc.  

While at the same time you say that:

2) "When you are aware of it, you create it"

So something exists ONLY if I am aware of it?

Did I create an alien in some other Galaxy? 

But I am not aware of the alien or any Galaxies.

I am only aware of a thought about an alien. Which means that the alien exists only as this particular thought? 

But why then mention other creatures, objects, planets, humans and everything else that I am not aware of and say that I created them?    

Edited by Naviy

11 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Leo is saying that imagining a space shuttle  or a dragon or every hair on every being in the universe or the sun 
is to create it or synonymously, " design it ",  your mind is everything 

So now just take that an apply it to everyday life 

I understand that to be aware/imagine means to create or to design.

But why do we say that, for example, I (as God) designed every tree on this planet, if the only thing that I am actually aware is just a vague thought/vision about "all the trees on the planet"?

When Leo mentions every hair on a body or, let's say, every tree on planet, what does he mean by those hair and trees? Does he mean just thoughts about those things or something more?

Or maybe he actually, in direct experience, became aware of every atom in every Universe so now he can confirm that every hair on body actually exists in God's mind, but not in human mind, and because right now I am too much a human mind, I can only be aware of "vague thoughts" about hair and trees? But if I could look through God's eyes, then in my direct experience I would have been aware of "every atom in every Universe" so to speak?  

It's all created in the thoughts and dreams of the illusory separate individual.

merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

4 minutes ago, Naviy said:

@Leo Gura 

1) It is often mentioned that I create the Universe, the Moon and every creature and object and every hair on my body, and infinite amount of forms etc.  

I am only aware of a thought about an alien. Which means that the alien exists only as this particular thought? 

But why then mention other creatures, objects, planets, humans and everything else that I am not aware of?    

when he says "create" he means "imagine" , that these two words are the same 

My understanding of Leoist doctrine is nothing exists all is imaginary
So you can imagine an alien in some other galaxy and it exists as this imagination thought and if you burn your hand on a stove the pain is imaginary as well and the stove and the flame, these are all the same, illusions of the mind, consciousness, created in that sense  
So if you are sitting in a room now and you look at a wall there is nothing on the other side of that wall unless you decide  at that moment to imagine there is in which case it is an illusion of the moment. 
Your friends and family don't exist until they walk through the door and when they do they are just illusions. 
And  a tree falling in the forest without you being able to hear it can't happen unless you are there or imagine it.
If you are sitting in your house eating chocolate chip cookies , forests and trees don't exist unless you either go there and experience it or imagine them , both being different types of illusions not existing materially just as illusions 

6 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

when he says "create" he means "imagine" , that these two words are the same 

My understanding of Leoist doctrine is nothing exists all is imaginary
So you can imagine an alien in some other galaxy and it exists as this imagination thought and if you burn your hand on a stove the pain is imaginary as well and the stove and the flame, these are all the same, illusions of the mind, consciousness, created in that sense  
So if you are sitting in a room now and you look at a wall there is nothing on the other side of that wall unless you decide  at that moment to imagine there is in which case it is an illusion of the moment. 
Your friends and family don't exist until they walk through the door and when they do they are just illusions. 
And  a tree falling in the forest without you being able to hear it can't happen unless you are there or imagine it.
If you are sitting in your house eating chocolate chip cookies , forests and trees don't exist unless you either go there and experience it or imagine them , both being different types of illusions not existing materially just as illusions 

Yes, this I understand. But to me it seemed that Leo mentioned "every hair on a body" as if every hair on my body actually exists not as a thought, or a vague feeling. This is why I'm asking. 

If only direct experience exists, but there is no "every single hair" in my direct experience. But still he mentions every single hair. As well as other galaxies, aliens, humans, etc. 

1 hour ago, Naviy said:

@Leo Gura 

But why then mention other creatures, objects, planets, humans and everything else that I am not aware of and say that I created them?   

Like a video game renderer, you create whatever is on screen right now.

So right now you are creating the thought of an alien in some other galaxy.

But if you get on a space ship and fly to that galaxy which you imagine, and meet that alien which you imagine, you will be creating that galaxy and that alien.

Whatever you see is PRECISELY what you are creating. Nothing more, nothing less. Precisely!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, James123 said:

You think you are human now, what a joke  You are the joke of the day :)

you-think-this-hand-is-real-91-well-you-better-48733799.png

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Life=video game "humaning" like someone said. 

Objects independent of Conciousness and you indentified as body. 

Trophy hunter here for nothing. 

Brings creation of egoic mind and survival. 

Complete loss of power. 

And so many stuff. 

So from this stuff Leo is wanting to save your ass. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity