Yarco

Zen Master Eido Roshi answers the question, 'Does God exist?'

114 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura What teachers, dead or alive, are in touch with these advanced stages of awakening? 

An example I can think of is maybe David Hawkins. https://youtu.be/tBTRLp9JOI

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Consept said:

Time isnt infinite, its only a way to measure the movement of form, if theres no form, theres no time. You could say consciousness or space is infinite 

Time is also infinite because there exist infinitely many forms to experience and infinitely many lives to live. Reality is infinite everything 

4 hours ago, Naviy said:

@Leo Gura how is it that I designed every hair on my body if I am not aware of my every hair? 

Did I design something that I am not aware of in current direct experience?

Leo is saying that imagining a space shuttle  or a dragon or every hair on every being in the universe or the sun 
is to create it or synonymously, " design it ",  your mind is everything 

So now just take that an apply it to everyday life 

Edited by Nak Khid

1 hour ago, RedLine said:

Buddhism has serious difficulties in accessing the non-dual state due to its own nature. Usually they stay in the casual state (witness). So they don't know much about God. Leo is right. Someday perhaps I will create a thread on this topic to explain this with a bunch of references.

I covered this in may comment on the same page 3 as yours,  
Paramahansa Yogananda's  view 

Leo is more of a Hindu than a Buddhist 

42 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

I covered this in may comment on the same page 3 as yours,  
Paramahansa Yogananda's  view 

Leo is more of a Hindu than a Buddhist 

This is not about dogma, religions or spiritual schools. It is about states of consciusness. It is a  phenomenological development wich can be studied cross-cultural and it is always the same.

19 hours ago, Yarco said:

This guy says Buddhism does not see God as the creator of heaven and earth, or humans.

I'm really confused because I thought Buddhists mostly see enlightenment and God the same way that Leo talks about. Absolute infinity/nothingness/love. Something greater than the universe that includes and interpenetrates all aspects of it.

If everything exists within God, how is God not a creator? Was everything not created just in this perfect way to maximize love?

Is this guy just wrong?

God is nothingness. Nothing can not be created. Thats why god neither exist nor not exist. Because nothing is infinite. Every creation is existed from nothing, which is substance of everything. God never begins thats why can never be created, it all there is, which is now.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

Leo is saying that imagining a space shuttle  or a dragon or every hair on every being in the universe or the sun 
is to create it or synonymously, " design it ",  your mind is everything 

So now just take that an apply it to everyday life 

Yes exactly. 

You=❤️=Everything 

Not two. 

You are all alone. Since everything is you. 

Will it finally click. 

You created your entire "life" not other way around. 

You created your parents. 

Time for my Absolutistic cookie. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

44 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Yes exactly. 

You=❤️=Everything 

Not two. 

You are all alone. Since everything is you. 

Will it finally click. 

You created your entire "life" not other way around. 

You created your parents. 

Time for my Absolutistic cookie. 

Yes, that's me but what about you? 

What about me? 

Just a regular guy from ?? not enlightened. Just zen guy that meditates. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 hours ago, lmfao said:

What teachers, dead or alive, are in touch with these advanced stages of awakening?

I have stopped taking any teacher seriously.

It is irrelevant. You will only understand by doing it yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

58 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

What about me? 

Just a regular guy from ?? not enlightened. Just zen guy that meditates. 

So I created my parents but you didn't ? 

Well have to return and love life once again so have to deny. Ya know this body will die one day so I  Will be God once again. 

Noone says I have to know this stuff ya know can be regular dude. Stage orange once again. 

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You designed every hair on your body.

God is that which created itself.

Yes we didn't design each hair on my body, it was me that did it 

So apart from everything, what  have you designed? 

Edited by Nak Khid

1 minute ago, Member said:

Leo, what is Mahasamadhi? You said that you want to leave, why?

Mahasamadhi is sooo April 

summer is here

Leo somebody else I have listened to recently also says  "you are God" and we know that goes back to Swami Vivekananda and maybe a lot farther back The statement sounds kind of Solipsistic but regardless,  the way he teaches it he says "I am God" and he encourages other people to say  "I am God" and only says "you are God" once in a while 
His reason he does that is he wants people to proclaim they are God not just to pass along  "you are God" endlessly to other people where nobody really fully embodies it 
And if you say "you are God" all the time and  rarely say "I am God" people might think that maybe you don't really believe it that much
you just want other people do say it , not leading by example. 
Also just seeing the words written "I am God", psychologically you just said it, just reading it.   "You are God" doesn't have that effect
If "I am God" is merely written on a screen, wall or text and somebody sees it , mentally they are instantly saying "I am God" and that starts to spark it within them. 
Compare that to reading "you are God" which if you say it,  it is in the from of telling somebody else than not really proclaiming it. 
I think there is some logic here. 

But as far as God goes I prefer "we are God" but that's we

You also have to consider what would happen if at some future time, say you go to a party or a gathering of people and then a person
comes up and introduces themselves  "hi hello, where are you from? I'm God"  and the whole room, like 50 people there all saying they are God.  Would that be wonderful or more like a Twilight Zone scene?   Just try to imagine it.  You walk into a room of 50 people you've never met before and they are all saying they are God.  Cool or scary? 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We Are God 

2 hours ago, Member said:

@Nak Khid Lol, what do you mean by that? Guess it's something like spring depression, summer fun :/

That's a good meaning but what I'm saying is Leo is constantly creating himself.  
Mahasamadhi was back in April.  Similarly you have people are making ten page threads trying to figure out what some drug he talked about months go was.   Leo is vibrating at such a fast rate and constantly recreating himself that the rest of you are left in the dust.
you're eating crumbs he left behind three months ago but three months ago no longer exists. 

Edited by Nak Khid