Guest SirVladimir

60 Days of Shamanic Breathing - What I Learned (Complete)

34 posts in this topic

// THIS THREAD WILL BE UPDATED

It's Day 8 of my 60-Days Shamanic Breathing challenge. 

Things are steep. A few nights ago during the practice, I got up from the floor and tried to drink from a water bottle. I barely remember how I grabbed it. Apparently, I was holding it upside down and all the water spilled out. How or even why that was happening my brain couldn't process. The water was gone. I also experienced a primordial form of mysticism. During one breathing, I had metaphysically gone back to a prehistoric age to fully appreciate the raw sense of taste and the power of hunger and thirst. I still vaguely remember sitting on the floor in the dark, astounded by the Beige era of living. It was so profound and mystical. In your ordinary state of mind, you sort of reduce and generalize what seems to be the lowest stage of living on the Spiral, when in fact it is utterly thoughtful, genius, intelligent beyond understanding. When you're in a different state, the whole model breaks and loops back around. During that night, I also got to satisfy the sense of hunger. My body got up and rushed to the closest source of food and water. It came back from the kitchen. It sat down in the middle of the dark. A totally fascinating process. When I'm breathing, the 10-15 minute mark is usually when things like this start happening - one of them being the utterly pure drive for food and exceptionally elevated appetite. I could literally be eating grass and be wonder-struck by it. 

The realization I had on day 8, today, is that a certain need exists within me. This need is to balance whatever I'm doing - or will or could be doing in the future - with adventurous mind-trips. What I mean is that once I disconnect - for a longer period of time - with lucid dreams, or vivid dreams for the sake of it, or spiritual awakenings, or other forms of letting go, I start to feel detached, depressed and emotionally dull. All life abandons me as if I've gone astray. These things mentioned put me in a state of flow, though in a way for which I do not have the correct words. Especially the dreams part is valuable for me. For a while, I forget who I am - who I think I am during ordinary waking hours - and get to play along the scenario. Yesterday's night I got to experience vividly a bomb explosion. It was ghostly terrific, yet gloriously attractive to experience. First arrived a blast wave that stroke my skin like a light breeze - and then, as I laid on the ground - eyes closed, head down, hands on the neck, came a second form of heat wave that burned my atoms down to crisp. Marvelous. 10/10 death. The dream's scenario that preceded - and one that followed - were both unlike one another, so diverse, engaging. Sometimes I get to be the leader of a crew facing a war of five nations, in which we either love each other and unite, or die; a delegate, sometimes I get to experience my nervous system being burned down to fiery remnants. I don't know if I'm like any of you regarding the river of flow, but this is what truly pulls me into life; forgetting the ordinary me and taking on identities without remembering. Godly, huh. The dreams are then appreciated only when they are over.

A couple of personal side-note facts about dreams are that (1) reality awakenings are possible within what we ordinarily portrait as night dreams, though this realization in a dream doesn't imply, nor isn't tied to remembering your normal waking identity. This is a nuanced and possibly valuable observation for those trying to reach awakenings during a night sleep: You may experience profound awakenings in a dream, though such a dream wouldn't be standardly conveyed as lucid, and (2) is that 10-15 minutes of shamanic breathing before bed drastically increase the vividness and wildness of my dreams. Proceed and test. 

At last, I'm going insane. The definition of insanity is relative, useless and false in truth, but nevertheless... I laugh at it, but I also wonder. Sometimes when I wake up from an engaging, adventurous experience, I'm like fuck - I'm back here in the mundane. Sometimes I wish to throw it all away and stay in a vivid dream forever. (oh wait, it's happening, but you get what I mean.) Being ignorant of who I am and the purpose of the goals I have given myself is bliss. I'm not sure I'd be capable of killing myself in the ordinary sense, but if pulling a trigger inside a dream and staying there on an endless journey forever would be an option, I'd go for it. People would find me on a bed with my eyes closed, while I'd be dreaming away... dreaming and dreaming until I would - as I realize only now, right at this sentence - dream back to this exact moment. Such a complex issue that I don't even know where to begin to ask.

It's like I'm stuck in an Earthly limbo of melancholic boredom and profound, interactive, enjoyable metaphysical journeys. Right now, I'm inhabiting the first. Three hours from now, this could change. I feel like an advice from a wolf that's taken 50 arrows in the back isn't enough to give me an insight anymore. 

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Though how do you manage to keep going beyond three minutes? Do you go on easy on your own pace? Or do you keep with the dizziness regardless? I feel like passing out after the 2 minutes mark and it becomes unbearable at 3 minutes.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Though how do you manage to keep going beyond three minutes? Do you go on easy on your own pace? Or do you keep with the dizziness regardless? I feel like passing out after the 2 minutes mark and it becomes unbearable at 3 minutes.

Breathe in - don't pause - breathe out. The breaths are deep, but not exhausting. Two minutes in I'm already at the low orbit. After a while, the body finds a rhythm and it automates. The breath is then perceived as an endless wave washing over the walls of my stomach. The breath itself cycles in a flat ellipse. What the dizziness brings is always a big mystery - sometimes I become so disoriented and unaware how to hold a bottle, sometimes the whole world appears in front of me as a minuscule map of belief, sometimes the dizziness breaks my concept of space, thus taking me on a shamanic journey. The farthest places I have traveled to were a rice field in China and the video game Uncharted 4.

It's very hard to answer your question because one man's dizziness may be another one's breaking of chains. In other words, we may be experiencing different scenarios under the word dizziness. Yours may be a very debilitating, mind-drowning, disorienting dizziness under which a person quickly loses consciousness, while mine could be a quo-shaking, freeing, eye-opening dizziness that shakes off all that is Earthly. 

@SirVladimir Thanks that's helpful. I'll try not exhausting myself early on.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Days 9 & 10

I'm now certain the effects that shamanic breathing has on me are quite peculiar and different from what 99% of people here on the forum but also out in the world go through.

The last couple of days were on par with, and perhaps even more powerful than my Ayahuasca journey. I'm literally able to breathe my way out of Earth. The 'w' axis is unlike any part of the 'xyz' world. When I'm peaking and riding the afterglow, I become aware of the present. Anything that is automatically becomes true. The transparence of a human character is understood, so is language.

During the peak and the afterglow phase, wild and adventurous thoughts still appear, but the perception is pure and the judgement is gone. This causes that I'm able to be and fully experience anything that is: be in a video game, visit any place on Earth, live through any age - all simply by deconstructing any form of 'other'. 

Nonduality is the ultimate trick up a sleeve. It literally solves everything, and can be anything it desires. Fucking heaven.

Edited by SirVladimir

Wow! amazing stuff!!! Right on point for me as I am getting more and more and more interested in BREATH WORK.

Though I have been doing mainly emergency breath work, with breath of fire and then retention while squeezing the perineum. 

I'll give this a shot today, tell you how it went!

12 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

Days 9 & 10

I'm now certain the effects that shamanic breathing has on me are quite peculiar and different from what 99% of people here on the forum but also out in the world go through.

The last couple of days were on par with, and perhaps even more powerful than my Ayahuasca journey. I'm literally able to breathe my way out of Earth. The 'w' axis is unlike any part of the 'xyz' world. When I'm peaking and riding the afterglow, I become aware of the present. Anything that is automatically becomes true. The transparence of a human character is understood, so is language.

During the peak and the afterglow phase, wild and adventurous thoughts still appear, but the perception is pure and the judgement is gone. This causes that I'm able to be and fully experience anything that is: be in a video game, visit any place on Earth, live through any age - all simply by deconstructing any form of 'other'. 

Nonduality is the ultimate trick up a sleeve. It literally solves everything, and can be anything it desires. Fucking heaven.

sounds awesome :) 

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

Day 11 (one-and-one)

I planned to post an update later in a batch, buy day eleven has shredded that. 

I realized that I, as a Jesus, never suffered at the cross, for all that was ever in front of me was Love. This is a statement, paradoxically, for which I would be crucified again. I can barely type. Although at one point, all stages become states and all states become stages, this one too is leaving me as I ride the wave down. The afterglow of the breathing is evaporating, though the electronic screen, the black shelf next to me and the plant on top of it and everything else still feels like Home.

Soon enough, I will lock away the house without a lock and swallow the key. Until tomorrow, when I make my way from division to unity once again, and for a while realize they were always the same. Because that's how powerful a breath is. It breaks down houses of cards, sweeps away what isn't true like a rain, carries you Home like a wind.

At last, a sense of overwhelming gratification came to me during the early peak - and towards a bunch of hollow letters that form seemingly meaningful names I felt, for whatever reason, a strong bond. These letters were:

@Leo Gura - for swinging the machete in a deep jungle when no one else would.

@Forestluv - for being a father figure in the distance, for being a shining beacon that guides ships to a coast.

@cetus - your letters came to me too, and I cannot formulate why nor how they appeared, but I don't to leave it out.

@Marten - yours too, brother.

i would continue writing a thousand lines about day eleven, but my thinking is becoming more blurry. It's harder and harder for me to write without deception, and therefore I will not prolong it for much longer. Today's session was done during a daytime, which is not usual for it. The only notable difference is a very shortened afterglow - when I stop breathing, I return to my normal state much faster. I haven't researched other possible factors.

If nothing changes, my next update will arrive around day 18.

For the rest of today, I want to sit in silence, perhaps write a poem, and just chill and swallow. 

Day 22

If a metal plate was your awareness and bullet shots caused holes in it, then shamanic breathing would be the pistol. The breathing can potentially be dangerous to your physiological system. If a hole like this occurs, it's best to be lying down instead of sitting up with your back straight. If you remember the water bottle love-story I wrote about previously, this occurrence will add to a triangle of love. Truth is, I did commence the breathing while sitting a few times, for it seems to take effect even faster. About 2 minutes in, I forgot who I was in an unconscious, bullet-hole-like way. I don't remember standing up, all I know is that body balance was gone and I fell backwards onto my head. 

Pain was present, and I felt it, but thanks to the breathing I was also away from it, observing it from a third perspective. It didn't bother me. I've gone through similar "fuck ups" before: dropping an object onto my foot, hitting my thumb and so on.

You, though, stay safe and don't experiment with shit like I do unless you have a calling.

It's been 11 days since I last reported. Since then, I have been going through an ego backlash. They are tricky, because when they happen you are usually "too close to the mirror" to even notice. I found my shadow; I realized the thing crawling in the depths of my mind is a fear of practicality, a fear of lacking a financial stability. Understandable given my age, though I cannot pretend it's not what it is.

The question I have been tackling in the last years, consciously or not, is, Where is the line between possible and impossible? It's a fascinating question because how would you know without practice?

And the answer is even more fascinating. 

The answer I got has indeed scrapped many of my previous limiting beliefs about reality. It can be anything it fucking wants, and if you are a wandering adventurer like me, it's even better -- you don't have to wait for an eternity to experience it all. With the right assets and attitude you can experience it right now. As of today, I am not chasing after the ultimate awakening, but I very well could. In a way, all awakenings about love and consciousness are final, but some are more final than others.

In the following days, through shamanic breathing I will work on my top strength; appreciation of beauty and excellence. I don't want to admit it to myself yet, but deep down I know writing is the ideal medium through which I strike hearts like a viper. And the fact that psychedelics are becoming more popular worldwide just paints the lilies. It's so exciting to think about -- I could literally take the reader anywhere!

As usual, the sessions of breathing followed by a sleep resulted in vivid and crazy dreams. I discovered a whole new dimension to them: music. Indeed, a music was being manifested inside a dream. To add fuel to the fire, a deep male voice dubbed the plot; one epic beyond anything I had experienced inside a dream before. Though it came to an end, before the rains of awakening poured over me, I had bowed to myself and my eyes misted over with tears of beauty. I laughed and wondered inside the dream, for I had created such a beautiful show.

Day 37

It's been over a month since I started practicing shamanic breathing consecutively every day. It's steadily becoming a new habit. I feel inclined to practice even after the 60-days mark passes. It's just as, if not more powerful than a meditation habit.

My yesterday's thread below describes my recent journey to the Center of the Earth. A stranger would say it is an awakening psychosis, but my soul feels comfortable without the latter. It's time for me to experiment with the breath in most slight manners, much like an apprentice practices a kick a thousand times. 

Edited by SirVladimir

Day 52

Fifty two days of shamanic breathing. What a journey! Since the beginning, I have been to primordial ages, to the Center of the Earth, to places only a heart may enter, and I have also figured out my life purpose. The marathon will soon be over, but I will continue to practice after. There's little left to say, really, other than it is a transforming journey. I have also learned to appreciate ancient civilizations more. Realized their infinite intelligence. For some reason, I shed tears over the beauty of Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. 

Edited by SirVladimir

@SirVladimir

Wonderful, jaw dropping insights brother, keep progressing and stay blessed. ?

I have been to the Center of the Earth

What a beautiful piece of writing, I really enjoyed it ?

4 hours ago, ajai said:

I have been to the Center of the Earth

What a beautiful piece of writing, I really enjoyed it ?

@ajai It's the least I can do for fellow beings. Sometimes, I feel my life purpose is so overwhelmingly beautiful that its beauty will never be communicated. It's the least I can do; to write about such things. The least. A bruised attempt to capture such infinite beauty. I am almost in tears, just thinking about it again. Love you. 

@SirVladimir Hi there!

I just wanted to acknowledge something your endeavor sparked in me.

After seeing this post I realized that I TOO wish to go forward with a similar commitment! Not a shamanic breathing one for me but nevertheless.

Mine is that of daily deep mediation in the mornings and a one-meal-a-day diet. 90 days. Today is day 47.

I found that this commitment now has a life of its own. It is not so much about the activities I do I find, it's about the deepest dedication to use every moment every breath for Truth and Truth only. This asks more and more of me and I am oh so willing to give. To give it all!

Nowadays it asked me to do another meditation midday, and very recently it allowed me to do long 3-hour meditation sits also!

This might sound as rumbling now, but I only wish to express the Love I have for Truth and the gratitude I owe to this post for inspiring an outlet to that Love - a 90 day commitment.

Thanks SirVladimir, I see you down there :) 

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele That's awesome. Inspiration begets inspiration. Commitment begets commitment.

I will write a final summary in two days; on day 60. 

Day 60

The marathon is over. I have done shamanic breathing for 2 months consecutively; with sessions usually ranging between 5 and 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I cannot edit the thread's headline anymore nor the first post to mark it as completed. Apart from the continuous updates, this is a summary of what I have learned in the past 2 months. 

We've already made it. We are all in heaven.

• The breathing reinitiated my awakening from June, 2019. There is only the ever-present now, in which thoughts are perceived. However, I have yet to bask in that state permamently. Sometimes, you remember who you are, but an hour later you start identifying with the thoughts again.

Your body is a magnificent temple.

• It is possible to attain high clarity with your breath. Your arms, your legs, your chest hold deep wisdom. Listen to them. Bask in them. Inside you splash waterfalls, sing birds, shines a sun. Your body is hollow. When psychological boundaries dissolve, you realize you are free to go in all directions. The third dimension is a construct. Shamanic breathing pushes it away. As it happens, all things become infinitely close and infinitely far away. The notion of space is a belief. You are free to venture anywhere. You are not constrained to a country. You are not constrained to a place. These are useful survival notions. They assault you constantly - constantly - unless you wake up. This is not just Earth. This is the center of all reality. 

Shamanic breathing increases 'creative connection.'

• When I am writing something and I get stuck on a word, a sentence, a paragraph, I proceed to doing shamanic breathing for one minute. This drastically increases my intuition and understanding of what I am trying to convey through the text. Art becomes 'more visible,' more close. 

Continuous endeavour triggers strong backlashes.

• 60 days of shamanic breathing will change the person who enters on day 1. I am a different person than when I started. Notice it. I have figured my life purpose, learned to swim where madmen drown, strengthened the understanding of now. Backlashes usually happen when you are fallen back to a more ordinary state, and therefore cannot evade them right away, until you regain awareness and put it on your true nature. Shamanic breathing, for some reason, causes vivid dreams in me. I consider them a form of backlashes, too. They are wild, chaotic, eerie. They provide insights, though. Last night, I dreamed about being pursued or stalked by a pedophile. Life was living in fear; feeling choked on every corner; being stuck in an endless labyrint. It was long. As a consequence, I gained compassion for the people in alike situations. It has shown me the importance of forgiveness. The same night, I dreamed about being eaten from inside by a large bug. It has shown me the importance of surrender.

Shamanic breathing has become habitual. I will continue the practice. The rest of information is contained in the continual reports above. May you find value in them.

Edited by SirVladimir

Wow, this is pretty impressive... Thank you for sharing your story with us!!

Very interesting. This is the real work. Are you still doing it?

How long do you do the breathing for and do you listen to music?