Leo Gura

Libertarian Examples Mega-Thread

187 posts in this topic

Libertarians are angry for mandatory mask and order in orange county

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

I was in Orange County a few weeks ago. Most folks were wearing masks.

The problem is that the internet exaggerates lunatic voices, making them seem more popular than they really are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For Sam Seder nirvana is an endless queue of libertarian callers.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Carl-Richard Lol, the stupidity of it! :D

Can you explain me how and why people in your country have begun to dislike  democracy? 

Something doesn't feel right. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

why people in your country have begun to dislike  democracy?

People have become so self-centered in stage Orange that they believe in nothing besides their own personal freedom. They have no sense of the stage Blue responsibilities, duties, and obligations which a citizen has to his country. As if the country owes them, but they owe nothing back.

They take society for granted, like spoiled children.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

People have become so self-centered in stage Orange that they believe in nothing besides their own personal freedom. They have no sense of the stage Blue responsibilities, duties, and obligations which a citizen has to his country.

This is absolutely the most ridiculous thing that is happening. And how in the world are these people going to be made to feel responsible towards their civil society? Is this going to get even worse? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

joe Rogan just had an interesting podcast with Dave Smith where Dave Smith says a form of libertarianism is the answer.  Perfect example of what you guys are talking about. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Carl-Richard Lol, the stupidity of it! :D

I really want him to call Sam Seder :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

This quote from Wikipedia tells you everything you need to know about Libertarians:

The libertarian US economist Murray Rothbard (1926-1995) wrote in his book 'Ethics of Liberty', that parents should have the right to put a child out for adoption or sell the rights to the child in a voluntary contract. Rothbard suggested selling children as consumer goods in accordance with market forces, would benefit "everyone" involved in the market: "the natural parents, the children, and the foster parents. In Rothbard's view, "the parent should not have a legal obligation to feed, clothe, or educate his children, since such obligations would entail positive acts coerced upon the parent and depriving the parent of his rights." Thus, parents should have the legal right to let any infant die by starvation. However, since "the purely free society will have a flourishing free market in children" he wrote, "the existence of a free baby market will bring such 'neglect' down to a minimum".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_selling

You couldn't make this shit up with a straight face if you tried.

On 20/7/2020 at 9:22 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

In the libertarian video, you said there has never been a libertarian society, actually when Augusto Pinochet took power, anything that wasn't bolted down was privatized.

Chile experienced the worst inflation and recession in its' history, and to this day Chile has one of the highest Gini coefficients (Gini measures inequality, higher gini the more un equal the society is).

Pinochet was most famous/infamous (why are there sick fucks who venerate him?????) for murdering his leftist political opponents by the most savage means and being in power by a U.S. CIA made coup.

Chile went from one of the poorest countries in the region to the richest one today. 50% to less than 8% poverty. The only thing slowing down Chile's progress is that they have destroyed the system that allowed this immense growth, following the steps of the rest of South America.

reformaschile.jpg

22 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

But wait, OSHO said that responsibility and duty are ugly things and everything should be done out of love.

You have to be aware of the context it's being said in. Is he talking to teenagers or is he talking to well-functioning adults? Is he contrasting it with something else (x is more ugly than y)? What does he mean by duty and responsibility? What does he mean by "ugly"? Aren't some ugly things necessary? Should I not have the responsibility of not dumping raw sewage in the streets?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.