Antor8188

Suffering from derealization

53 posts in this topic

I have it for over 5 years.

The most severe hellish form of it.

There is no official cure.

Check the subreddit r/Derealisation,it might help you.

7 hours ago, Antor8188 said:

doesnt leo promote solipsism?

No

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"Who is suffering from derealization?"

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Having experienced this "disorder", i can say that Enlightenment feels exactly like depersonalization disorder the only difference is with enlightenment you feel the Love of God, omniscience as pure Awareness, and you become conscious of what you are.  The depersonalized individual has no epiphanies as the Absolute because althiough they are detached from any sense of self - they are not identified with their true nature. (And this is Bliss/Love)

I remember after awakening one of the first things i exclaimed was "holy shit this is depersonalization with an order of God realization!"   And Shinzen Young refers to it as enlightenments evil twin.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 7. 7. 2020 at 10:32 AM, Antor8188 said:

if you have seen leo's outrageous experiments in consciousness, doesnt leo promote solipsism? Actually because of leo i am suffering from solipsism and the shrooms trip enhanced it!

Yes exactly. You believe what someone else says. You believe concepts and labels about reality, it doesn't matter if they come out of Leo's mouth. Even if you use psychedelics to get more direct experience and then you start thinking about direct experience and calling it names, it is no use. Even if somebody could think of a „true“ thought or „correct thought“ or „absolutely moral“ thought, it wouldn't do anything for you, you could explore ideas like that, imaginations like that and get nowhere even after many years.

On 6. 7. 2020 at 6:28 AM, Antor8188 said:

Hello.After my shrooms trip I started suffering from derealization and can’t get over it.suffering from solipsism.How can I get over it? I hope Leo you respond to it.

Do you think you should know something in this moment? Maybe you actually should not realize „things“ now, because you aren't realizing any. Maybe there are no things to realize if you don't think that they are there. I don't know, try it for yourself, but don't trust language games.

Is this experience long term? I've had derealization one time when "reality is an illusion" hit me, but I got over it in a couple of weeks completely, it was just a very very heavy restructure in my mind, and I think that restructure hurts, because parts of your knowledge base is to be erased that was contradicted. This destruction is bringing emotional pain with it. And yeah solipsism is clearly not right and ego driven, it's still a projected difference between the "you" and the "not you" or the outer world. But there is no difference really.

10 minutes ago, Litaken said:

And yeah solipsism is clearly not right and ego driven, 

Yeah to piggy back on this you don't "experience Solipsism" as it is a philosophical paradigm.   Depersonalization or derealization is the detachment from a sense of self.   Maybe he felt like he drifted between detachment and also a feeling that his mind - his egoic mind - was all that there was.  But I'm not sure how you would experience both.  They are two different things.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

12 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Inliytened1 Solipsism is true, you can experience it.

I know what you are saying but Solipism assumes materialism and that the ego is all there is. 

I would say that to describe awakening as you are imagining everything as God including all others, is a better way to say it.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Solipism assumes materialism and that the ego is all there is.

Whoever asserts both materialism and "ego is all there is"? That seems very strange indeed.

I also thought it was philosophical rather than subjective. This thread has shown that solipsism means different things to different people anyway.

I've always found this derealization thing intriguing. Some of what people say about it remind me of a pleasant experience I have from time to time and some of what they say sounds like a mental illness... and I'm not sure what the connection is.

6 minutes ago, commie said:

Whoever asserts both materialism and "ego is all there is"? That seems very strange indeed.

I also thought it was philosophical rather than subjective. This thread has shown that solipsism means different things to different people anyway.

Haha i know what you mean.  That's the point - it is a philosophy that does not go into a lot of depth.  Its rather vague.  But by ego i meant it does not describe that you are alone as an infinite mind but just that your mind....or brain for that matter...is all there is...that its just you.  And since materialism is the default paradigm in current times....

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

45 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

just that your mind....or brain for that matter...is all there is...that its just you.  And since materialism is the default paradigm in current times....

I still don't get it. What kind of materialism is compatible with your mind or brain being "all there is"?

P-zombies on the other hand, now that's compatible with both materialism and solipsism (as I understand it) for instance.

I think it's that you percieve yourself as made of matter, but everything else not. "Nothing matters but me". I know this feeling but never got attached to it

Edited by Litaken

@commie the philosophy of Solipism states that your mind is all there is.   That's pretty much all it says unless you have found an advanced explanation?  If so please share and share the source as well.  

So its open for interpretation.  By "your mind" it is not debunking that the mind exists within the brain.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Litaken said:

I think it's that you percieve yourself as made of matter, but everything else not. "Nothing matters but me". I know this feeling but never got attached to it

Its deeper.  It means all others are projections of your thoughts or mind.  The question here is whether it presumes you are a person whose consciousness exists in the brain - or not.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Having experienced this "disorder", i can say that Enlightenment feels exactly like depersonalization disorder the only difference is with enlightenment you feel the Love of God, omniscience as pure Awareness, and you become conscious of what you are.  The depersonalized individual has no epiphanies as the Absolute because althiough they are detached from any sense of self - they are not identified with their true nature. (And this is Bliss/Love)

I remember after awakening one of the first things i exclaimed was "holy shit this is depersonalization with an order of God realization!"   And Shinzen Young refers to it as enlightenments evil twin.

Yes, the only thing that distinguishes a mental disorder from enlightenment is that enlightenment is absolutely free of suffering. Suffering is illusory, but takes a lot of self love, (so called inner guru) or the form of outside love (so called outer guru) to stay on track. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, Litaken said:

I think it's that you percieve yourself as made of matter, but everything else not.

That would require new physics... whatever for? I don't get it.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@commie the philosophy of Solipism states that your mind is all there is.

That sounds like idealism, the opposite of materialism.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If so please share and share the source as well. 

I have no special source. For consensual definitions and interpretations, I would recommend hitting both WP and the SEP.

On 7/5/2020 at 9:28 PM, Antor8188 said:

Hello.After my shrooms trip I started suffering from derealization and can’t get over it.suffering from solipsism.How can I get over it? I hope Leo you respond to it.

Just ground yourself in ordinary life, take it easy, and let time pass.

It usually takes a week or two for things to settle down.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Truth could be more savage than what solipsism says, so better don't cling too much on concepts. You may find out later that you were wrong which will bring even more disappointments and shocks to the system. Having an open mind is safer.