actualizing25

Is awakening the same as shooting yourself in the head?

127 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

either way there is a surrender component to it, isn't it? xD

Fake surrender in the case of self shooting.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

22 minutes ago, actualizing25 said:

different ways, same destination.

Nopes... Read about Karma...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Most Buddhist traditions assert that suicide is a negative act, and should be avoided. They remind us that we have a rare and precious human life, and that we should take full advantage of it to advance along the path. Matthieu Ricard, speaking on behalf of the Tibetan approach, offers this different view:

By committing suicide, you destroy the possibility you have, in this life, of realizing the potential for transformation that you have within you. You succumb to an intense attack of discouragement which, as we’ve seen, is a weakness, a form of laziness. By saying to yourself, ‘What’s the point in living?’ you deprive yourself of the inner transformation that would have been possible. To overcome an obstacle is to transform it into an aid to your progress. People who’ve overcome a major trial in their lives often draw from it a teaching and a powerful inspiration on the spiritual path. Suicide solves nothing at all, it only shifts the problem to another state of consciousness.

More here:

https://www.andrewholecek.com/suicide-from-a-buddhist-perspective/

@mandyjw
isn't the opposite the case ? usually when people who lose control over their lives completely and can not handle it, it's too much for them - commit suicide,
rather nobody is thinking about that when things are going his way

@abrakamowse 
"Fake surrender" what do you mean by that ?

Karma, Buddhism - just a dogma and idealogy

look around, look at the facts - what do you see? look at old people

they just w8 for death, getting through the day in the same manner everyday, probably most of the time revisted their past in their head
how many of them tranforms ?

actaully it takes more courge to question life to go againts surivial instinct

Edited by OmniYoga

35 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

@mandyjw
isn't the opposite the case ? usually when people who lose control over their lives completely and can not handle it, it's too much for them - commit suicide,
rather nobody is thinking about that when things are going his way

No, there was never anyone who had control so the sense of losing control is intensely painful only because you believe that you really, really should have control and you've lost it. 

Kids that don't have ice cream cones don't cry when they drop them. God is like a good parent who buys you an ice cream, he didn't have to do that and he did it purely to make you happy, but the minute he handed it to you you felt entitled to it, therefore felt loss when you tripped and dropped it. 

The ice cream, the "I" is imaginary. It's purely there for our enjoyment and can never be lost. We misunderstand the only intention for our existence. Joy. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

40 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

Probably this dogma and ideology is what has helped you to be in the actual level of spirituality.

Of course there's dogma, because all we say is dogma. Even to consider the idea that killing yourself will free you is also dogma.

Even when someone has an enlightening experience, when he tries to explain it, it becomes dogma for us. Because we will never be able to experience the same thing as him. But, it's your choice if you don't want to listen to those sages and enlightened masters.

Edited by abrakamowse

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

God is like a good parent who buys you an ice cream, he didn't have to do that and he did it purely to make you happy, but the minute he handed it to you you felt entitled to it, therefore felt loss when you tripped and dropped it. 

So it's a set up ? 

On 7/5/2020 at 3:23 AM, Nak Khid said:

So if all these people took LSD and some had ego deaths then how it they still have egos after coming down. 

-  did the ego merely go into hiding and not "die" ? 

- did the ego leave the body
> but then sneak in again through the ear?

giphy.gif

From my understanding, ego death just bring the flaws/weaknesses to the surface so that you can acknowledge that there's something to work on and destroys the illusion of separation. You may become more humble but not 100%. When you come back, obviously the ego is once again with you, except that now you're seeing things from a different perspective. Thus, ego death is just the beginning of a spiritual work and not the end... it is always a 'work in progress'. So shooting yourself in the head won't guarantee you enlightenment as ego death has nothing to do with physical death. It is a 'state' of no-mind similar to death but not actual death.

5 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

So it's a set up ? 

No, it's a gift, so watch where you're going with it.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not confuse the lower death drive with the higher death drive.

What's your opinion instead on suicides that comes from the deep avoidance of suffering that comes with severe diseases, disfigurations, terminal diseases ,etc?

12 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

@abrakamowse 
"Fake surrender" what do you mean by that ?

look around, look at the facts - what do you see? look at old people

they just w8 for death, getting through the day in the same manner everyday, probably most of the time revisted their past in their head
how many of them tranforms ?

actaully it takes more courge to question life to go againts surivial instinct

@OmniYogaIsn't suicide itself a survival instinct? People attempting suicide die if they succeed in it in and it's unfortunate. But in most cases, they get saved and get a lot of mental aid, which may even prolong their life by getting help in fixing their problems with life or getting attention from people who are close. People may do it consciously or unconsciously but nature has its own ways .

Coming to the question, awakening maybe the same as dying, but once you die, you will not be able to come back to experience life with the experience of dying. Isn't it a huge difference?

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not confuse the lower death drive with the higher death drive.

Death drive so big that Infinity got unlocked. Can't wait to die and new life. 

Game over can't stay here anymore. Have to suffer day by day this life. 

0 zero happiness because of this. 

50e666b4-4f8a-4728-896a-99cecb3e1b26.jpg

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I do not want to be God how in name of God this can motivate me for life. How the fuck. Guy from Serbia can'be fucking  God makes No sense. I am so pissed off. Not happy with this one bit. 

Have to wait 50 years til. My life ends and be given new chance for it. 

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

I do not want to be God how in name of God this can motivate me for life. How the fuck. Guy from Serbia can'be fucking  God makes No sense. I am so pissed off. Not happy with this one bit. 

Have to wait 50 years til. My life ends and be given new chance for it. 

Being human is no longer acceptable 

@zeroISinfinity bro come to me and I will make you happy.  Will show you infinite love.  Don't care not flirting.  No homo but you cute af.  God is a madman keep that in mind.  Navigate your way through infinite roads . Through the mazes of life. When reach will find yourself there. Goddammit why I'm talking like you rn lol? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

SMH

Yeah sure Awareness and what it Really is. You end up all alone. 

You feel so God damn complete you don't need life or to dream. That's the main problem With this. 

Life is complete delusion, dreaming while knowing all this stuff makes no sense. 

Why would I be happy with this? I am not. Cant' wait this body bag to vanish. 

So high death aspiration lol. 100% honest response. Honestly day I'll finally die will. Be happiest day of my entire life. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Why would I be happy with this? I am not. Cant' wait this body bag to vanish. 

@zeroISinfinity it is going to vanish inevitably. So why not be happy while waiting for the last light? .  Like a man who visits  a luxurious hotel.. To spend one day.. All kinds of luxury are available for him.. and instead of enjoying the brief moments that he  will live there he is worrying about the inevitable ending of his experience.  

7 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Life is complete delusion. 

Nope!  In the delusion of your illusory escapism this might be the case.  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho