TrustTheProcess

Resources For INFP's

72 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Artsu said:

@louhad INTJ

Hmm, interesting assessment. 

I am definitely dominantly introverted, have a lot of Ne, and use Si. For a while, I was debating between infp and intp, but the more I researched, the more I realized that I am def Fi dominant.

You may have confused me with intj though because I have been developing my Te a lot and have gotten pretty good at tapping into that function as needed. 

I could be wrong though, I am by no means an mbti expert. I am curious to know what other things could have let to that conclusion

Edited by louhad

@louhad ok maybe it was Fi i was seeing, not Ni.

I will mention that any typing i give is only preliminary, and should be relooked at.

Edit: i was seeing you use terms that i linked with Ni and terms that i linked with Te. If i confused Fi with Ni (they can both use a similar kind of language), and Ne with Te because you may have a Te subtype, or similar, then i can see how you could be INFP instead.

Actually, i did notice that you seemed to lead with judgment, so that threw me off. That makes INFP consistent with what i noticed. My initial impression was that you were a P type.

@Marten INFP

Edited by Artsu

2 hours ago, Artsu said:

@Forestluv ISFJ

Interesting. I’ve always typed at the extreme end of P. You’ve only seen online posting persona. Perhaps one’s virtual reality online persona can be distinct from their regular real life persona. 

@Forestluv  Hehe, especially if you're a moderator :x

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

10 hours ago, Artsu said:

@mandyjw INTP

Whaaaat? I don't think. xD But overthinking is why I'm here. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

19 hours ago, Forestluv said:

Interesting. I’ve always typed at the extreme end of P. You’ve only seen online posting persona. Perhaps one’s virtual reality online persona can be distinct from their regular real life persona. 

IxxJ types are quite go with the flow. ISFJs are Js because they feel compelled to take care of the things and people around them, roughly speaking.

Again, my typings are done quickly and only preliminary, but I saw Si cognition leading your posts much of the time.

For instance, in this post you talk about how things always have been, and you mention my viewpoint. Si is subjective perception to do with what is known.

I type by cognition not persona. I have different ways of typing people irl or on video. (I look for the way word choice changes throughout posts, focusing especially on the opening lines. So i browse through a bunch of posts until i see the pattern, then i check against longer posts to see if it is reasonable)

Oh, and I'm an INFJ and i score as a moderate P. There are problems with how the J and P axis has been constructed, so test scores are unreliable for a wide range of types on that dimension.

Edited by Artsu

12 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Whaaaat? I don't think. xD But overthinking is why I'm here. 

Can you explain what you mean by thinking?

When browsing your posts i saw a fair bit that i linked to the Ti function in terms of how you word things, so that is why i said INTP.

On 27/06/2020 at 7:09 AM, mandyjw said:

@Serotoninluv The personality types are a scale or measurement of dualities and distinctions so I think the more deeply we get into this work, the less sense our personality types make to some degree. We find we're more able to open up and show up more as needed per situation, in the moment. It is really helpful to know what your set points and strengths are though. I test INFP now, was INFJ years ago before discovering Leo's videos.

Most of my life has been guided more about how I felt about things than how I thought about them. It was a strength because I ended up doing counter-intuitive things that were logically pretty stupid but felt right and ended up being very rewarding and successful. On the flip side, my emotions were so strong that I suffered. A lot. By learning to think things through more, I was able to see through the suffering. Sometimes I think of sensations as feeling and emotions as some arbitrary space between feeling and thinking. We can't really, actually separate thought, emotion and feelings at all. It all happens together as one.

You open with what seems to be an intellectual statement, and talk more about emotion towards the end of the post. Given the length of the post (it looks like about 4 functions worth of writing) this would suggest T dominant with F inferior. In particular i think it is Ti and Fe, and Ne and Si.

Edit: actually, I'm going to throw INFJ in the mix for you as well. Ni can open with intellectual statements, and the Fe may come in at multiple points.

Edited by Artsu

@Artsu Does a chameleon have a favorite color? ;)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Artsu Does a chameleon have a favorite color? ;)

Meaning what?

8 minutes ago, Artsu said:

Meaning what?

Just that different situations and interacting with different people for different reasons brings out different aspects of someone's personality.

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Just that different situations and interacting with different people for different reasons brings out different aspects of someone's personality.

Ok yeah but i can type people fairly accurately through forum posts because people tend to stick to a pattern.

3 hours ago, Artsu said:

i can type people fairly accurately 

Type me

@Artsu me 2 please ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I'll say btw that I'm only spending a short time on each read, so take the results very tentatively.

8 hours ago, Himanshu said:

Why?

Simply put, the opening sentences of your posts struck me as Ni. Usually people start a post by referencing their dominant function, so i look for trends in recent post history. I also see the Fe and Ti in you.

As for why the opening lines signify Ni, all I'll say for now is have a go at it yourself. Browse through your posts and link it to a single cognitive function. I assume you have a decent grasp of cognitive functions.

I say don't accept my typing until you can see it yourself. Then you'll know what it's based on.

Edit: 2 themes i see in your posts are a) looking at your life across time, and b) asking why. Asking why is a bit more general, but these 2 things signify Ni.

I saw a post in a thread regarding empathy where you start the post with Fi. Fi is a co-dominant for INFJ, meaning it acts as dominant sometimes when the person becomes more INFP. I have been making some INFP posts on here myself. Fi relates to cognitive empathy.

Edited by Artsu