ivankiss

Dance!

108 posts in this topic

Just now, Member said:

?  Hope you don't mind that I'm spamming your thread with these cool songs & videos but it's your fault that you reminded me about them ^_^

Please do! It's precisely what it's for! ?

You’ve got me going back to the JT classics ????

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity Oh boy! Don't even get me started ? If I have to narrow it down; these two are my absolute favorites of all time;

@ivankiss Absolutely top 5!!! ??

Remember my mom and me banging this one on a burned CD in our Toyota Aygo LOl

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Member That moment when he jumps off the balcony and starts flying hahaha

amazing stuff ???

Realizeyourgrowth.com

I loved dancing ever since I was a child. If I knew better I would've been a ballerina. I am 32 now. Kinda late

I used to dance my dog out every night after work and on days off I would go to the woods and dance. 

I have been having a hard time lately. I don't dance anymore, only like once a week. I did go on the running track one evening and danced through the serious running people.

It was so much fun for me, but in my country I think more people looked at me like I was high or drunk, not enlightened.  

One reason I stopped dancing every day is because I felt I was kinda running away from reality. I had a time when I would always go out with my headphones on.

I find it rewarding to be able to listen to the world. Or am I just listening to my thoughts about the world? Or both? 

I do miss dancing, however. A couple of days ago I took advantage of the rain and went out to dance.

There were few people in the park and I felt to upset to really care. 

@Identity Hilarious! ?

@Codrina 32 is still young, if you ask me. But I think I understand where you are coming from. And yeah, not to sound rude, but it's all just your own thoughts ? Self - judgement, to be precise.

It's easy to trade the joys of life for the seriousness of our mundane existence. We feel like that's what's expected from us. Like it's what every responsible adult should do. When in fact; that could not be further from the Truth. Passion is not a crime. And yes, eyes might stare at you weirdly... But so what? What matters is how you feel now.

More often than not; the people who are being triggered by your own joy...are just unable to deal with their pain, that your Light is forcing up to the surface. They too wanna feel joy and happiness and freedom. They just don't know how... Or won't give themselves the permission. 

And it's all mostly because of overthinking. Which is a sign of a "shut down" heart. People look at me like I'm on drugs too, sometimes. So what? I'm doing the best I can for myself and everyone else by being my authentic self and enjoying the crap out of it. It should trigger them. Waking up is not pleasant for everyone. Most people would prefer to be left alone in their shells. Running the rat race.

That's not your problem, at all.

I'd invite you to slowly break through your own fears/judgements and start dancing again. You don't have to flaunt it. Alone, at home is perfect, too.

It is never too late ?

Edited by ivankiss

Thank you.

I am aware it's my own judgement. It's still there. 

It's fun indoors, but outside I can start running on the crescendo and do a piruete and jump and spin and so many moves the indoor doesn't allow.

But I will consider changing my routinely morning run to a morning dance.

See the change it brings with it.

Thank you for pointing me to my judgement. Maybe I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was to dive so deep into unconsciousness again

@Codrina As Leo likes to repeat... "There's always deeper" ?

Happy for ya!

11 hours ago, Codrina said:

Thank you.

I am aware it's my own judgement. It's still there. 

It's fun indoors, but outside I can start running on the crescendo and do a piruete and jump and spin and so many moves the indoor doesn't allow.

But I will consider changing my routinely morning run to a morning dance.

See the change it brings with it.

Thank you for pointing me to my judgement. Maybe I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was to dive so deep into unconsciousness again

I am big on dance too and experimented quite a bit. I am 40 plus. I am living for couple years now in the philippines. My main project was to dance again. In Germany the environment is not beneficial for the project. Here I could even go to the disco and relive the disco lifestyle. 

It was a good time. I tried to do selfimprovement as well. That was not so easy. Dancing and music took I guess big parts of my brain capacity. I was music addicted even before coming here. I tried to get rid of the addiction and it kind of works. 

Karaoke is part of my daily routine. Without it I feel like I miss some senses. Anyway I will again experiment with dancing. Like in your case it's hard to come back and be productive after that. It's like taking psychedelics though I never took one but that is what I imagine to feel like.

After couple years in the disco here shuffle dance became my routine. Later I looked it up on yt and it's quite a thing it seems. I come near the city where Rumi comes. I would like to see shuffle dance as the modern version of it.

In China it seems it is popular. The comrades have some flow.

Besides the usual candidates like Michael Jackson there was one scene from the a dance movie that had a massiv effect on me. So dancing became an important story for me:

This video I think fits the context of my post. It's quite a ride with some amazing flow:

Edited by Epikur

On 17/06/2020 at 9:10 AM, ivankiss said:

I just danced my way to the grocery store and back home. It was the best thing ever. I enlightened everyone and everything in my way ?

Idk, bud, that sounds kinda cringey tbh. Maybe they were laughing at you...

one day this will all be memories

58 minutes ago, kag101 said:

That's exactly the judgement I aimed to break through. (And succeeded)

Only the insecure looked confused. And they were few. Most people gave me the thumbs up and applauded me. Especially girls ?

I was way too immersed to be touched by any response however.

3 hours ago, kag101 said:

A while ago I watched a guy walk calmly with another guy across the parking lot, one of them sang Shania Twain's "You Win My Love" as loud as possible while the other pretended that nothing out of the ordinary was going on. It totally made my day.  

I love this music video and the varied responses of the onlookers.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I used to be a huge fan of the shuffle dance back then. I also had some friends and we regularly practised. Here's a video. I'm the first guy (0:00-0:27)

Edited by nistake

im scared to do it because ive been to psychiatry a few times for doing something similar...:s 

20 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

im scared to do it because ive been to psychiatry a few times for doing something similar...:s 

Yeah, I can imagine that can happen...

This is not something I've done ever before. It was a totally spontaneous thing. I just followed the nudge lol. My body could not resist the music.

People are generally very kind and outgoing in my neighborhood. And the market is literally across the street. 

So it was not as dramatic as it sounds, at all.

Edited by ivankiss

4 hours ago, nistake said:

I used to be a huge fan of the shuffle dance back then. I also had some friends and we regularly practised. Here's a video. I'm the first guy (0:00-0:27)

For me this is the brutalized version of shuffle. It is what  heavy metal is to pop music. 

That is just my subjective opinion to it. Though I appreciate the work ethic and all that.

4 hours ago, Aquarius said:

In Germany we go to the basement when you have the need to laugh. So it's good to live the emotions at home if possible. 

The higher level is to go to the clubs to get the motivation and the energy and be able to do it at home. Being independent from the club is quite nice. 

7 hours ago, ivankiss said:

That's exactly the judgement I aimed to break through. (And succeeded)

Only the insecure looked confused. And they were few. Most people gave me the thumbs up and applauded me. Especially girls ?

I was way too immersed to be touched by any response however.

I feel it's good to be able to do it but it's better to do it in a appropriate situation where you can be relatively shure not to cause unnecessary friction. In public spaces people have different mindsets. It's not always good to dominate others with your vibes.