NorthNow

Why is consciousness being embodied in this organism right now?

42 posts in this topic

I'm using this language deliberately because I know that people will just echo the things I already understand. 

The organism in question is me. Right now. Why is it here, not anywhere else? When this body dies, when will the next life be? What will exist in the meantime? Why is it so immediate and particular? Random chance??? Intention?? Where does the intention come from? 

I am ready to accept is not the case that experience will continue when I die and I will simply wake up in another life as I did in this one. As if one day I was an ant, I was stomped on, and now I am Jack. With an inclination towards existential questioning and teetering on the brink of insanity.

Haha, because where else would you be? You are the only one. Period.

Did you really think your being here was an accident??? The only reason you are here is because you're the only one in existence, ever. So here you are.

Your odds of existing have always been 100%. You are a perfect tautology. You can't not be. You are Absolute.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, NorthNow said:

Why is it here, not anywhere else? When this body dies, when will the next life be? What will exist in the meantime? Why is it so immediate and particular? Random chance??? Intention?? Where does the intention come from? 

People always ask Why? They never ask Why NOT? 

4 hours ago, NorthNow said:

The organism in question is me. Right now. Why is it here, not anywhere else? When this body dies, when will the next life be? What will exist in the meantime? Why is it so immediate and particular? Random chance??? Intention?? Where does the intention come from?

You are not only this organism, everything that you see around you is a projection of you. When you look in the mirror you think that you're that body but the body is the entire universe and everything that you can ever imagine. That's the mind of God.

The body doesn't die, it transforms. Only your mind can die.

34 minutes ago, Member said:

What are your thoughts on death? Some people here think that they will die and are nothing.

Death is Infinity.

There is no difference between life and death other than whatever you imagine it to be.

God cannot die. But it does change forms. So if you attach to any one form, it will appear to you like you die.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Death is Infinity.

There is no difference between life and death other than whatever you imagine it to be.

God cannot die. But it does change forms. So if you attach to any one form, it will appear to you like you die.

Yes Leo, but most of us think that we are humans and this form is finite, so we think that death is nothing but returning to the Source or nothingness. Is this void immortality or we are truly immortal and death is only a limit of the mind?

6 minutes ago, Member said:

Yes Leo, but most of us think that we are humans and this form is finite, so we think that death is nothing but returning to the Source or nothingness. Is this void immortality or we are truly immortal and death is only a limit of the mind?

You are not understanding. The "void" is right here. Everything is Void. Form is Void too. Life is Void too.

Stop holding "void" as some blank space that's separate from the material world. Void is Absolute which means it's here now.

NOW is Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You are not understanding. The "void" is right here. Everything is Void. Form is Void too. Life is Void too.

I understand this but I'm talking about physical death. Why do we perceive ourselves in this form and cannot transcend the human limits? You said that once you become fully aware that you are God and have deeper awakenings, you can heal the body or perform the so-called miracles. What prevents us from elevating the mind above matter?

1 minute ago, Member said:

What prevents us from elevating mind over matter? 

Suppose that's a possibility.. How can you master mind over matter when you are too busy being masterd by a body and mind? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Haha, because where else would you be? You are the only one. Period.

Did you really think your being here was an accident??? The only reason you are here is because you're the only one in existence, ever. So here you are.

Solipsism

I. Definition

the belief that there is nothing outside one’s own mind.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop holding "void" as some blank space that's separate from the material world. Void is Absolute which means it's here now. NOW is Infinity.

But that's a problem most people have as they think there's this void or nothingness AFTER the body dies.

Saying that you're nothing NOW, nothing changes. The mind is still stuck on being mortal.

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Suppose that's a possibility.. How can you master mind over matter when you are too busy being masterd by a body and mind? 

We have to start from somewhere, right? This 'I am human' mindset is nothing but stagnation. The mind needs to be trained.

Edited by Member

@Member I'm talking about graduating. Even if such possibilities and abnormal abilities are possible (which is not so certain after all) it doesn't happen instantly by unlocking a universal secret or something like how you probably imagine it. Maybe you need to stop being a servant for your body and mind in order to be master of mind over matter. Imagine a kindergarten kid  wondering why can't he learn calculus and he didn't even finished learning the multiplication table lol. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here sure, evolution doesn't happen overnight, although revelations are instant "Eureka" moments that helps you make the difference between the ordinary and the extraordinary. Till now, it is obvious to me that the mind shapes reality and we have to start from somewhere. Thinking that we are homo sapiens and this is it won't get us anywhere. We are just running in circles chasing our own tail.

1 hour ago, Member said:

I understand this but I'm talking about physical death.

The truth is that physical death is something you are imagining NOW.

So you don't understand deeply enough yet.

Why do we perceive ourselves in this form and cannot transcend the human limits?

You can transcend certain human limits by becoming more conscious. The limits are not really human, they are limits of your consciousness. Smoke some DMT and the limits disappear, at least for a few minutes.

You said that once you become fully aware that you are God and have deeper awakenings, you can heal the body or perform the so-called miracles. What prevents us from elevating the mind above matter?

Finite form, fear, attachment, selfishness, and lack of consciousness are what prevents you.

Every finite form will have less than full omnipotence. That's the just the nature of a finite form: it can't do everything equally well, so it's limited.

You can elevate mind over matter by become more conscious, but there are still limits as dictate by the form your mind takes. For mind to become totally unlimited it must become totally formless, which means you must surrender all attachment to any kind of bodily form. At which point you cease to exist on any material plane.

There is a strict trade-off between form and power. The more "material" a thing is the more constrained it is. Materiality is nothing but constraint. But if you define the material as real, then the most powerful things are, by your own definition, unreal. But that's because you've confused materiality for reality.

The most powerful things are purely abstract and immaterial. That's just the natural cost of power.

Full Omnipotence must be totally formless -- as only it can give rise to all form.

A rock isn't omnipotent precisely because it is limited to doing what a "rock" does. For a rock to become omnipotent is must stop looking and behaving like a rock.

'Magical powers' look a lot like delusion. 

And then someone has to come along and ruin the fun by telling you you're not amazing.

6 hours ago, NorthNow said:

Why is it here, not anywhere else?

I've been listening to Jim Newman a lot and he says "Here" and "There" is a tension. 

The only way it can be resolved as if it never was. We as One are able to feel lonely, and separate so we can love more wholly I suppose. 

When this body dies, when will the next life be? What will exist in the meantime? Why is it so immediate and particular? Random chance??? Intention?? Where does the intention come from? 

I am ready to accept is not the case that experience will continue when I die and I will simply wake up in another life as I did in this one. As if one day I was an ant, I was stomped on, and now I am Jack. With an inclination towards existential questioning and teetering on the brink of insanity.

Time is a tension too, also an illusion and all those questions depend on the tension of time to have any foundation from which they are asked. 

The tensions are like the way Leo speaks of limitations, limitations are creation and character. That's why self love is so fundamental. All our characters have what we call flaws and faults, (we get lonely, have moles, etc) because that's all out of how we are unique and distinct. But all this arises out of wholeness and perfection. 

Random chance??? Intention?? Where does the intention come from? 

It can't be either intended or random. There's no "one" who could have intended or forced it's will on another. It's whole, so it's both random and intended or neither. The creator is creation. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a strict trade-off between form and power. The more "material" a thing is the more constrained it is. Materiality is nothing but constraint. But if you define the material as real, then the most powerful things are, by your own definition, unreal. But that's because you've confused materiality for reality.

That's such a good insight.