BipolarGrowth

Is suicide the most powerful method for reaching total enlightenment?

138 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There can be valid reasons for wanting to end one's life (like in the case of chronic or terminal disease, or torture).

Just don't confuse it with God-realization.

I have had God-realization on at least two occasions. Everyone here seems to think I’m somehow depressed or want to escape from problems in my earthly life. This is not the case. I’m quite happy with this life, but from my satori experiences and higher consciousness states I know that this human existence is not “real.” Would taking the ultimate action to put this to the test not result in union with Source how you describe it in your video on death? 
 

It’s not like I’m going to do this btw. I care far more about the human happiness of my loved ones than taking this step to potentially merge with Source. 


“Any kind of consciousness whatever, whether past, future, or present, internal or external, gross or subtle, inferior or superior, far or near — a disciple of mine sees all consciousness as it actually is with proper wisdom thus: ‘This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self.’” - the Tathāgata

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's similar to Eckhart Tolle.  If your level of consciousness was already at a certain point then you will become conscious that you were God   is that what happened?  Otherwise it will be like 99 percent of the population and they are clueless to their true nature.

So what will happen to them? But they are not even exist. They are me as nothing. And if i am not aware, nothing is exist, basically when my dualistic perspective is gone, life will be gone. Looking from other perspective makes me confuse or i cant understand it.


"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, James123 said:

So what will happen to them? But they are not even exist. They are me as nothing. And if i am not aware, nothing is exist, basically when my dualistic perspective is gone, life will be gone. Looking from other perspective makes me confuse or i cant understand it.

Yes other perspectives cannot be understood because they are imaginary.  But you have to directly awaken to Oneness to realize all others and their POV are imaginary. So don't take that on faith.  That is a direct awakening to Oneness.  It shows you that you are dreaming up all other perspectives.    But then if you died you should know that death is an ilusion and that the ego is an illusion?  Truth is Infinite Love. Forcing death by destroying the finite will not provide that because it does not come from a place of love   


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura Can you explain what is the difference between those two? If it's possible of course.

Karma.

Don't just assume that the karma of the suicidal person will be wiped clean. Suicide probably incurs serious karma, whereas the selfless path purifies all karma.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Inliytened1 not faith. I am thats it. When stuff turns out to be thought, you can consider as a faith. This situation makes me think, thats why i get confused, thats why it is not real. Awareness is nothing, but if you can name awareness, you can consider as love, because love is purpose of duality. I dont know why, I usually experience nothingness or the moment I don’t want to give any name, because it creates thinking even love. Thats why it has no name, it is the way that it is. If experience of love comes it comes. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

but from my satori experiences and higher consciousness states I know that this human existence is not “real.” Would taking the ultimate action to put this to the test not result in union with Source how you describe it in your video on death? 

@BipolarGrowth When there is satori there is nothing left to do. No 'action' need be taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't just assume that the karma of the suicidal person will be wiped clean. Suicide probably incurs serious karma, whereas the selfless path purifies all karma.

Karma from past lives or because of past (personal) choices? I know plenty of good people who suffer without harming anyone. And plenty of horrible people who are doing just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cetus why satori comes and goes? Is there any way to get it permanently? It is keep hitting me with glimpses, and fades away. Thank you.  


"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Member said:

Karma from past lives or because of past (personal) choices?

What's the difference?

Quote

I know plenty of good people who suffer without harming anyone. And plenty of horrible people who are doing just fine.

Karma is not some mechanism of doling out punishment to bad people.

Karma is the natural consequence of whatever finite form you have and whatever actions it takes.

When you throw a rock in the air and it lands on your head -- that's karma.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, James123 said:

@Inliytened1 not faith. I am thats it. When stuff turns out to be thought, you can consider as a faith. This situation makes me think, thats why i get confused, thats why it is not real. Awareness is nothing, but if you can name awareness, you can consider as love, because love is purpose of duality. I dont know why, I usually experience nothingness or the moment I don’t want to give any name, because it creates thinking even love. Thats why it has no name, it is the way that it is.

When you truly die you will know Love.  Love is not imaginary.  It is the fabric of reality.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Inliytened1 love is still duality. Or bridge between duality to non duality. You should go deeper. There is nothing, except awareness.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, James123 said:

@Inliytened1 love is still duality. You should go deeper. There is nothing, except awareness.

Awareness is Love.  Love and Awareness are synonymous.  They are duality.  They are non-duality.  Duality is non-duality.  Finite awareness is infinite awareness.  Finite love is Infinite Love.


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leo Gura said:

What's the difference?

Do you think that a single person/consciousness could reincarnate and live many lives?

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Karma is the natural consequence of whatever finite form you have and whatever actions it takes.

I don't like the idea of karma because I want believe in justice and that everyone has a chance to become God. Some people seem to not have that chance apparently which is pretty concerning for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Member said:

Do

I don't like the idea of karma because I want believe in justice and that everyone has a chance to become God. Some people seem to not have that chance apparently which is pretty concerning for me.

Everyone is God.  Karma is reversible dude.  You are God!!  


 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Inliytened1 nope. It is not. Awareness is awareness itself. Go deeper.


"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, James123 said:

@cetus why satori comes and goes? Is there any way to get it permanently? It is keep hitting me with glimpses, and fades away. Thank you.  

@James123 Behind all human predicament satori is always there. They are one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think love is another way to call non-duality. True love is one. 

 

The love between objects is dual. But pure love is just love. Just one... 


Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Everyone is God.  Karma is reversible dude.  You are God!!  

I realized this but some people never realize that they are God. And even when you recognize this, nothing changes because this happens only at the surface level. There are deeper levels of awakening to your potential as God but some people seem to never make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cetus said:

@James123 Behind all human predicament satori is always there. They are one. 

So, still thoughts that i hold, block being in satori? 


"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now