kireet

How to become meditative??

26 posts in this topic

Today , I was watching a Sadhguru video about meditation . in that he said that nobody can do meditation , but one can become meditative . then , he talks about becoming meditative and he said that only by the guru's grace one can become meditative . he then continues and says those initiated by him are so meditative that they change the very nature of inanimate things around them . 

But what if i dont have a guru , can't i become meditative ?

how can i  become meditative if i dont have a guru ? will these practices of meditation like do nothing , mindfulness meditation yield nothing?

"All troubles come to an end when the ego dies"

"God has become man; man will become God again"

"If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him"

Don't fully trust Sadhguru or Leo, etc − fully trust only your gut feelings.

Just do all spiritual practices and see what works for you.

E.g if you use a little of 5-MeO I am sure you will become "meditative" without any guru grace :) 

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@dimitri well of course 5-MeO is the magic pill ;) , but i am only 17 .

i know that one should  not fully trust sadhguru or Leo , but sadhguru makes a convincing case . I have been meditating consistently for a year , but sill the effects have not fully blossomed , that is the reason i am having self doubts.

@kireet let go of self doubts, you are the creator of everything, you can create what you want.
Try to find spiritual practices which you really enjoy. You don't need hours of meditation (unless you do). I personally meditate only 20 minutes daily. Other things like cold shower, wim hom breathing, clean diet, bike riding and of course a little of 5-MeO are also enjoyable to me  :D 
Go find out what you enjoy, my young padawan ;)

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@dimitri Yup, pretty much this.

Don't worry about gurus, just do your daily practises without expectations. The effects that you're looking for are not in the future, they can only be found in the present. Also, try to be present when doing mundane, everyday things. Doing dishes, working, studying, etc. Way harder than it sounds :D

@dimitri haha thanks for the advice :D

@nistake of course it is very hard to be in the present  moment . That is why I was in doubt about being "meditative" as i thought that i was not meditative as being in the present was hard for me.

You can be meditative in every moment of life, that is essentially what formal meditation helps you do, recognize the presence more and more within you, among 100s of other things of course. 

For example, if you're meditating to reduce your anxiety, by reducing your anxious feelings you are allowing the presence within you to reveal itself more and more, and as a result will become meditative. 

Or, if you're meditating to help you sleep, you're learning how to deeply relax your mind and body (become meditative) so you can get to sleep. 

Of course, Meditation& awakening goes wayyyy deeper than this, but I was giving a surface level answer as to why most people get benefits from meditation :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

3 hours ago, kireet said:

@dimitri well of course 5-MeO is the magic pill ;) , but i am only 17 ..

Same. :D 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

@kireet

Keep in mind that Sadhguru may be at a very high level of consciousness and understanding of Truth. You know how masters say "but you are already enlightened" - easy to say when enlightened, difficult to see when not.

Let's look into his definitions also, when he says "meditation", I think he means "silent". As in no thoughts. What he is trying to point to is that you cannot "think" or "do" yourself into a meditative state. A mediative state is already there, you just are not aware of it. When I say "state" I don't mean state in the regular use of the term. You already are silence, therefore meditative.

Try and think of some ways that you can discover this within yourself through enquiry and asking questions. Turn your meditation into a fun and chill thought experiment. And go really crazy if you want. like try to prove that you are not a McDonalds paper bag rolling down the road outside your house. Try and prove it through logic and reasoning and see if you can prove it. Are you just your body, or are you also that paper bag? How could you tell and how could you be fooled into thinking that you are just your body, think about this stuff in a fun but deep way.

I will try and answer your question about having a guru and the grace of the guru.

So, what are we trying to find with enlightenment? We are trying to find truth/reality. When we find this truth it has always been there and it was never any different. Also, this truth and reality is not different from what you are.

So, in a strange way it is your thoughts/body-mind energy field (that takes on information from and mirrors your environment, through certain physiological and neurological processes).

You as mind and ego had to have just the right mixture of desire for seeking truth and love of the guru's character for you to listen to his/her words. You as mind and ego also had to know their language and have a proclivity for their demeanour and mannerisms. All in the end to do what? To expose that the thing that sought the guru was not you in essence (the thing that you think you are right now). So, for you to discover a master that brings you to enlightenment is almost like luck. This luck is called grace. 

So, your ego and mind and thought energies had to first receive the grace of God, for you to discover that you are the guru, you are that same truth.

To answer your question: "how can i  become meditative if i dont have a guru ? will these practices of meditation like do nothing , mindfulness meditation yield nothing?"

In meditation you are observing your mind and experiencing what it does naturally (creating thoughts through imagination based on its habits, tendencies and conditioning). Your mind will go quiet when the things it presents are no longer of interest to itself. This will happen when you discover the truth of what you are. 

Everyone is different, try and become super creative with your self-enquiry during meditation (or sitting in a quiet place). If a thought arises that brings with it a certain energy, just look at the energy and try not to add a meaning or thought to it. Watch it come and watch it go. Energies/emotions can last a short time or a long time, it's hard to tell how long they will last.

A cool thing I used to do is play a game a made called "No words". I would sit in meditation and I was not allowed to think in words. Every time I start thinking or having the internal dialogue I would think "No words". E.g. "I can't belie.... 'no words'", "You are th.. 'No words'", "You.. 'No words'".

You then discover that a lot of human suffering can come from language and how we can string complex stories together. Without the tool of language we cannot paint a complex conceptual picture.

Enlightenment work is so many things and takes on different forms at different times in our lives. 

I hope that this helps. I apologise if my responses are a bit all over the place.

Let me know how you go. 

Peace dude :) 

Lenny

3 hours ago, kireet said:

Today , I was watching a Sadhguru video about meditation . in that he said that nobody can do meditation , but one can become meditative .

whats the video title or link?

@Nak Khid well i cant find the video again , but isha official site has given a short transcipt here(its not exactly the same):-

https://isha.sadhguru.org/in/en/sadhguru/mission/nobody-can-do-meditation

in the  video he says that when a person is initiated in a particular technique , the  guru transmits  and 'implants'and basically prints the technique on the persons energy  body , making him meditative . But if the other person tries to the same technique , he might do it perfectly , but he wont get the same results as the one who is initiated (has guru's grace). this is basically the reason that shambhavi mahamudra is transmitted personally and not online . 

Edited by kireet

@LfcCharlie4 Thanks for the Wonderful Advice!!!

@SamueLSD lol

@Lenny Thanks for the advice !!

13 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Let's look into his definitions also, when he says "meditation", I think he means "silent". As in no thoughts. What he is trying to point to is that you cannot "think" or "do" yourself into a meditative state. A mediative state is already there, you just are not aware of it. When I say "state" I don't mean state in the regular use of the term. You already are silence, therefore meditative.

and especially this gave me perspective....

4 hours ago, kireet said:

@dimitri well of course 5-MeO is the magic pill ;) , but i am only 17 .

i know that one should  not fully trust sadhguru or Leo , but sadhguru makes a convincing case . I have been meditating consistently for a year , but sill the effects have not fully blossomed , that is the reason i am having self 

By becoming concsious of the state of self doubt, being present with the self doubt, than the doubting subsides because thats the very thing that you can't doubt. You can doubt yourself, you can doubt others but you  can't doubt doubting.

@kireet he is right that the true teaching is in silence, and transmissions are the perfect example of this. 

But you can still get plenty of benefits from meditation from practicing regularly, there’s literally millions of people who have.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, ArchangelG said:

By becoming concsious of the state of self doubt, being present with the self doubt, than the doubting subsides because thats the very thing that you can't doubt. You can doubt yourself, you can doubt others but you  can't doubt doubting.

@ArchangelG Dude I love this: "you can't doubt doubting". I like another pointing also which is: what takes no belief to exist right now in this moment? Without your belief, what is left? 

57 minutes ago, Lenny said:

@ArchangelG Dude I love this: "you can't doubt doubting". I like another pointing also which is: what takes no belief to exist right now in this moment? Without your belief, what is left? 

Emotions maybe? Physical sensations?

Kireet!

Currently you're doing any spiritual Practices?

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️