Mind of a beast

Need Learning Resources

19 posts in this topic

I have an innate need to learn techniques to become a master.

My domain of mastery is philosophy.

My life purpose is by applying these techniques to become a master thus creating masterful , beautiful works that will stand test of time. People will transcend themselves and their consciousness will increase by reading my books.

I have gone through few resources of learning like:
 Scott Young's Rapid Learner Course
Peak book
Talent is Overrated
Talent Code
Learning how to learn( both book and Course)
Art of learning by Joshua Waitzkin

Could you please recommend me other resources?

Mind Map Mastery by Tony Buzan

Practice mind maps and your ability to connect ideas will skyrocket, thus your learning and creativity. 

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Oliver Saavedra  Yes,  I am aware of and have tried mind maps. 

My experience was that it was very overwhelming for me. Perhaps I need to try it once again.

Thanks for  recommendation.

@Mind of a beast

You could try Eben Pagan stuff on learning if it's not too expensive. Or even NLP.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo  Yeah, Eben Pagan is too expensive for me. 

Also I get the vibe that he is a fake guru.

I have to research about NLP regarding learning methods.

Thanks for recommendation.

@Superfluo  Hey bro,  I didn't find learning resources regarding NLP.

Books are there but they are all about learning NLP.

I want different resources i.e. Learning how to learn , this kind of thing.

Thanks.

There is Deep work By Cal Newport and his Top Performer course with Scott H Young.

Also UltraLearning by Scott H Young.

The resources you list seem like the same arena to me. For a further expansion, perhaps consider the book “How to think like Leonardo DaVinci”. 

On 6/5/2020 at 8:40 AM, Mind of a beast said:

@Oliver Saavedra  Yes,  I am aware of and have tried mind maps. 

My experience was that it was very overwhelming for me. Perhaps I need to try it once again.

Thanks for  recommendation.

Oooh I remember how frustrating it was at first! 

What happens there is that mind maps is another form of structuring thoughts.

Regular text-based learning makes your thoughts structure in a linear way. One idea conects only to the next, making your thoughts only have one direction. Also it is more word-based.

And mind maps make you train what is called radiant thinking, which is thinking in networks of ideas. One idea conects to multiple ideas, making your brain relate ideas more easily. Also it is more image-and-color-based. 

Its clearly frustrating to the linear mind trying to learn radiant thinking, its a new structure. But with practice the brain will LOVE it because it is more congruent with its nature, neurons also work as multi-directional networks. 

I remember a story from the book that was about a man who could remember EVERYTHING because his brain was hyper connected, he could access any idea he seen in the past super quickly, he was very smart of course but it was overwhelming, his brain worked at excess speed and he could not rest. So what they did is train him by writing his thoughts in a linear way, in sentences and paragraphs. Slowly his brain became more linear and slow, his ideas not connecting at a high speed, so it stopped being overwhelming. 

I love this topic I could talk about it all day hahah

Edited by Oliver Saavedra

Connect to Create ☼♡

@Arzola  I will try to incorporate psychedelics and contemplation in my routine, thanks.

Are there any books/ courses that teach you about direct experience i.e. Samadhi?

@Serotoninluv  Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check this one out.

.@Oliver Saavedra You have made a pretty strong case about mind maps. I will adapt it. Thanks.

On 6/7/2020 at 2:45 AM, Mind of a beast said:

Are there any books/ courses that teach you about direct experience i.e. Samadhi?

Samadhi by SantataGamana and Rupert Spira's books.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Mind of a beast

Tony Robbins has some stuff on NLP, and he teaches how the brain and beliefs function, so you could give his books a try, especially Unlimited Power and Awaken The Giant Within. But research them before you buy, to ensure they have what you're looking for.

However, NLP was created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. You can research their work too.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo  Yes, I have read both these books of Tony Robbins. They are somewhat about achieving your goals not about how to learn something.

Yes , I am aware of founders of NLP. I have researched them but haven't found what I looking for.