Dark11

Leo why did your reading and writing habits has changed?

19 posts in this topic

Is there any meaning in reading if i could direct experience infinity intelligence and understanding?

When you are fully awake books will look like a joke.

But until you get there, they are valuable.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, IJB063 said:

@Leo Gura

Everything’s a joke when you’re fully awake

Touche

@Dark11

I wouldn’t bother reading to begin with

Just get your hands on some hallucinogen, and take it in a safe environment in a sound state of mind and meditate on it

Then, if you’ve done that a few times, you can start reading and listening to lectures

Its really pointless up until then, as you have no real experience of what you would be reading or listening to

What’d you be listening to might as well just be fart sounds until you have something to relate it to

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When you are fully awake books will look like a joke.

But until you get there, they are valuable.

I am not fully awakened (of course), but still I think that the value in books will remain the one of maybe learning new things for your everyday life and passions and to understand maybe some phenomenon within the dream of reality. Unless you'd be able to download all these notions in your mind, even the everyday information on the best recipe without reading it into a book or on politics issues. Am I right?

But yeah spirituality books would be useless I guess, unless maybe just to see other people opinions on the matter or to find way to teach betterif you're into that, but for sure not to understand reality anymore

Edited by docs20

If you still have relative survival concerns then, yes, some books are just practical.

I was mainly speaking about existential understanding. For that, books will become useless. And for psycholigical and emotional problems, books will become useless at some point as you will have a complete understanding of your own psychology.

At some point in this work your understanding of reality will become more complete than 99.99999% of humans. Such that no human will be able to teach you. You will become Absolute.

@Leo Gura Agreed. Non-Duality books become pointless to read once you awaken, it's like reading beginner exercise books after 30 years of working out and being jacked. 

But, as you say they have their use in the early stages of this journey. 

@docs20 Yes of course other books will have uses, depending on your own problems and what is relevant to your situation. 

Money issues? go read finance books & business books. 

Health issues? Go read health & fitness books. 

Want to learn how to become a good parent? Go read a parenting book. 

You get the idea, books are useful for solving your problems and relative issues, but once you solve that problem, you can move on from that particular book. 

Fiction is different completely as it is storytelling and entertainment, and is mainly read for fun and pleasure, of course if you enjoy fiction, keep on reading it. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Maybe I'm not "there" yet but I deeply, passionately love books. It's not that you can "get" something from reading or writing, it's about feeling, resonance. Real "spiritual" texts change and morph in meaning as you read them. You are giving them meaning. I've read some "deep" accounts of awakenings several times and realized my ego could only "take in" so much of it in one go. You're writing the text as you read it. All the books in the world... love letters to myself. 

Even my kid's books, The Gruffalo, Green Eggs and Ham... profoundly beautiful messages about enlightenment. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

it's about feeling, resonance.

I see you point.

But that is still indirect. Once you are able to tap into Love and Consciousness directly you won't need to feed off the crumbs found in books.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I see you point.

But that is still indirect. Once you are able to tap into Love and Consciousness directly you won't need to feed off the crumbs found in books.

Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.

I had a couple strange experiences in a cemetery, ended up digging up a really old book written by the man who's grave they occurred by. It was an account of his life but I recognized the signs of awakening as he told them and deeply resonated. It opened my mind and became an obsession. Later I effortlessly found where his house had been and it overlooked a spot I had been drawn to. His life and my life blended in a love beyond separation of life and death, truth and fiction and was just love. Weeks later I had an awakening while writing. 

So I say, follow the bread crumbs. :)

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

At some point in this work your understanding of reality will become more complete than 99.99999% of humans. Such that no human will be able to teach you. You will become Absolute.

Since life is a maze, since man is the bullshit animal, how would you know if you are at 99.99999% and not just convincing yourself that you are? Does love really come with a permit to assume you know and stop looking? And even if you are at 99.99999%, is reading books (that get it wrong) really a waste of time? Who's time is getting wasted, and why does it matter? Is there a you that gets affected by reading "wrong" books?

Edited by 4201

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Books are being created as you're reading them, they have no prior existence.

The same could be said about this forum. 

Yet, here we are. 

7 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

The same could be said about this forum. 

Yet, here we are. 

But were you here before I logged in?

44 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But were you here before I logged in?

??

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

Everything is a breadcrumb, you prepared all of it, before you made yourself forget that you are God. Everything can be used to wake yourself up, because everything is You.

Literally everything is a “breadcrumb” You just choose to your liking.

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”