Eren Eeager

Are Americans overreacting to Floyd's death?

136 posts in this topic

Floyd was killed by a racist cop. the cop is prosecuted with murder. Why is not that the end of the story?

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

But it is also rather unfortunate that it turned into violent riots with looting and vandalism. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

It might seem like an overreaction to you. But this is just a reaction. A reaction to the failing structure. 

Burning Cars and Military Police, Welcome to the Real America. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

People wanted Trump ,they voted for him and about to vote for him another time. what do people want I don't get it. the system is working for them and it is not failing. Do they just want to protest? 

Most people didn't vote for Trump, he lost the popular vote.

The system is very imbalanced and was imbalanced for hundred of years. The people are bored with that and have decades of accumuled anger, they are releasing it to express the need for change.

@Raphael can you give an example of what they want? because all I am seeing is looting and violence and some people who are against  racism. Nobody said anything else.

Not an overreaction at all.

Would have been worse without Covid-19. 

More people would go all out and rally against the ummm police?

@Eren Eeager  People are sick of being exploited by toxic stage blue/orange.

Leo resumed it pretty well in this video:

Edited by Raphael

Its what you call a Critical Point. Animosity has been building and building for hundreds of years in the US, now the cup is boiling over, everyone is feeling entitled to express their anger. You have to realize the US was built on a foundation of division, slave and master, white and black, that division hasnt been healed yet, thats whats gonna happen for the next 50 years, starting now. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Not necessarily overreaction but the reaction is too chaotic
and has created conditions for looting and burning which is very counter productive 

@Raphael hmmm, I see. thanks for the videos BTW

Your premise is wrong in the first place. The cop has not been proven a racist or a murderer yet. That could change but there is no evidence that he's a racist yet. We don't have all the facts or the evidence. We don't have the body camera footage. What we do know is George Floyd was a convicted felon and served five years for a violent crime in prison, he had a laundry list of crimes that he committed, he was actively engaged in a felony crime at the time, he resisted arrest and fought with police for quite some time, the autopsy revealed he had drugs in his system and pre-existing medical conditions, and that maneuver of holding a leg or an arm on a suspect neck is common practice in the police department of Minneapolis and authorized in their manual. Minneapolis Police have done it hundreds of times in the last 5 years according to an article. We also know criminals lie cheat and steal and make up all kinds of crap. We also know that criminals will lie about how badly they hurt when in handcuffs and on the ground. So really it boils down to did the officer really know he was in honest distress or did he think he was bluffing. it is common practice to keep a suspect down on the ground for a lengthy amount of time if they've been fighting with you. So there's nothing strange there. Another question is would the normal person without drugs in their system and no pre-existing medical conditions have been fine under the same circumstances. Yes the cop was charged with murder but if they would not have charged him with murder they would have been more rioting and the city officials lives would have been on the line if they didn't charge him with murder regardless of whether it's true or not. So they did for self-serving purposes. It's political. More than likely he will get manslaughter. Yes the cop had been involved in a couple other justifiable shootings in his career and was cleared of them. Based on accounts he used appropriate force in those incidences. You can look them up. And he had 20 complaints in his career which is not that many. Most cops get way more than that in their career because citizens accuse cops of all kinds of nonsense and makeup stuff up just because they're pissed off that they got a ticket. 

It's not about the death of one man. It's a much larger cultural shift.

An avalanche begins with a single crack but requires an entire mountain of piled up material.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

No, they are being prepared to be prosecuted... doesn't mean they have been convicted and held accountable for their actions.

1 hour ago, giglio said:

that maneuver of holding a leg or an arm on a suspect neck is common practice in the police department of Minneapolis and authorized in their manual. Minneapolis Police have done it hundreds of times in the last 5 years according to an article

which article? because according to many other articles and other authorities i could nowhere read that how he used his knee was trained nor it being trained by minneapolis police. if it was, it was intentional murder - which would even be worse because then he actually would have known what he was doing wrong.

poor police, really has a problem to perform on their jobs - is it because of wrong training or because of individual performance? you might ask the same question to a pilot crashing into a mountain.

and what about the tasering and car window crushing? or the policemen shooting someone with their cams off?

do they even get education in criminalistics?

Edited by remember

@giglio really? 8 minutes on his  neck is a practice used by police??!!

I agree in that it's not clear what the protesters want, I think some organisation and leadership is needed in that regard, however there is a lot of change that is needed. 

Good place to start is that black schools get $23 billion less funding than white schools or even the fact schools are still segregated like this. Education is a big factor as it can have a massive effect on the trajectory of children's lives and if its not competitive with other types of people, then you'll always be at a disadvantage. https://www.npr.org/2019/02/26/696794821/why-white-school-districts-have-so-much-more-money

Could look at drug laws, there's quite a few things that keep the status quo and a lot of black people are not happy with the status quo, don't have a lot of outlets to change this and so protesting seems a course of action to take. Also keep in mind very peaceful protests from Colin Kaepernick did happen and the result of which was him losing his job and being called a traitor and whatever else just for taking a knee at the national anthem. So what is the 'right' way to highlight these issues? 

Edited by Consept

It's obviously not all about george floyd's death, it's about police brutality.

I think you guys should sesrch for "arrested black" or something like that on Youtube, as a matter of fact I might make a thread posting a bunch of videos showing how corrupt the police system is. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!