EternalForest

What is the most ideal prison system?

20 posts in this topic

The prison system we have at the moment seems to be more interested in punishment than rehabilitation.

We put criminals with minor offenses in the same yard as murderers. Corrupt prison guards make the experience worse for everyone. Personally, I feel ashamed with the system we have. It's a dead end for these individuals, rather than a new start. 

What's the most conscious solution? Do you believe all criminals can be rehabilitated or is some amount of punishment necessary?

Edited by EternalForest

Where money is removed from the jail system

And drug is not used as an excuse  to keep people in prison. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think it should be a system of rehabilitation. If you treat people like animals, they are going to act more like animals. Prisons are breeding grounds for stage red consciousness.

Obviously, not all can be rehabilitated, but most can. 

Having a prison system that teaches people to be present with their emotions. A lot of prisoners have no ability to suppress their emotions, which gets in their way in their transition from Red to Blue. A lot of them just can't move to Blue. Blue requires that you prioritize following an ideology above reacting to your emotions. This requires that you suppress your emotions, but some of them aren't capable of that.

They need systems of mental health facilities that teach them how to live a life of peace and alignment even if they can't suppress their emotions. This would mean teaching them to be present with their emotions as opposed to suppressing them.

If you can't suppress your emotions and you can't be present with them, you'll inevitably end up reacting to them. This is how their Stage Red mind works - 'I feel like killing someone, I kill someone'. It's not that we don't feel like killing people from time to time, it's just that we have an ideology that says 'Killing is bad' that's stopping us from doing that. Now some of us are exceptional in that we understand that morality is relative and that those emotions of anger and hatred need to be understood. But that's not the norm.

I don't think teaching them morality will work. If anything, that creates more criminals as it externalizes and demonizes 'evil'. This is exactly what's happening in jails today. There's another danger with doing that:

A lot of people underestimate an ability Stage Red people have - fake morality. They won't really have a morality integrated into their psyche, but they want to appear as good people. So, because they're emotionally reactive, their morality will depend on their emotional reaction. This will enable them to change their morality at a drop of a hat, to suit their emotional reaction. They will go through a process in which they have an emotional reaction, they're acting unconsciously according to that emotional reaction, so they will identify with which-ever ideology suits their best interests in that situation. This is how sociopathy works. This is exactly what Trump does. This enables them to pull off manipulative shit that deceives everyone else who is moral. The normal person will think that their morality is real, when in fact it is fake and it can change depending on their emotional reaction.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

One where prisoners are shown how to love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In my opinion prisons are wrong.

You can't expect to have compassionate and loving people if you keep them in a cage. Even though they did wrong.

They should be sent to do social services and social rehabilitation where they can learn how to connect with society, and stop feeling as outcasts.

Prisons are perpetuating the crime we already have.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

If you want to know how horrible prisons are in the US you should you look up Jessica Kent on youtube, she had to give birth in prison with noone to help her while being yelled at and looked down on by prison guards, this is 2020... and prisons are still Red/Blue. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

One where prisoners are shown how to love.

There was some video were they were given puppies which was very successful.

Also there are 2 vipasanna documentaries in prisons on youtube that are interesting to watch

100 mandatory 5-MeO-DMT injections will cure any prisoner ;)

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

100 mandatory 5-MeO-DMT injections will cure any prisoner ;)

Kick them in the butt while youre at it.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

100 mandatory 5-MeO-DMT injections will cure any prisoner

cmon dude, what about human rights? :o

23 minutes ago, dinone said:

cmon dude, what about human rights? :o

You can put it as a choice:

Option 1) Stay in prison for 10 years.

Option 2) Take 100 injections of 5-MeO-DMT and we let you walk.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can put it as a choice:

Option 1) Stay in prison for 10 years.

Option 2) Take 100 injections of 5-MeO-DMT and we let you walk.

Translation for the "normal human mind" ( not understanding psychedelic )

stay in prison for 10 years.

or we gonna put chip in your mind and let you walk.

36 minutes ago, dinone said:

Translation for the "normal human mind" ( not understanding psychedelic )

stay in prison for 10 years.

or we gonna put chip in your mind and let you walk.

I bet if you gave this choice to any prisoner with a 10 year+ sentence he would choose the 5-MeO.

8 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Leo, I think you just solved our prison issue.

In other words it will never be implemented and nothing will be solved ;)

Nah, it wouldn't be enough, prisoners still need to learn the life skills which lack thereof has put them in the prison.

I think we could make prisons more like micro human societies, where dangerous people can live and get therapy, not everyone can be saved, some people like psychopaths and sociopaths are just too far gone but that doesnt mean they dont deserve normal lives. In this micro-society they could get education and jobs, whatever jobs they see fit. 

Just off the top.