UnbornTao

Book list update?

26 posts in this topic

Hey Leo, are you going to add new books to the list?

Btw, how is your book writing project going?

Edited by UnbornTao

I don't read much any more.

I don't write much either.

It's too profound for words.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

have you gone through the all of the books? twice?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Once you open the psychedelic portal, you won't need books much any more.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I know. You just know. No need for books or anyone to tell anything. Truth is there in front of you, always. 

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But what about for clueless stoner kids who just play around with psychedelics? I know a guy who thought ego death was the same as contemplation lmao. 

Just now, Rilles said:

But what about for clueless stoner kids who just play around with psychedelics? I know a guy who thought ego death was the same as contemplation lmao. 

Those kids did not open anything, just entered insanity. 

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

They have not opened the portal.

Opening the portal requires more than just a few trips with your friends.

Also there is a difference between tripping for fun and laughs, and tripping for spiritual work. 

Edited by Aquarius

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They have not opened the portal.

Opening the portal requires more than just a few trips with your friends.

Oh... the portal to Infinity... 

8 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Also there is a difference between tripping for fun and laughs, and tripping for spiritual work. 

For sure. 

@remember Actually.. that's quite true. :) Thanks for opening my eyes to that possibility. 

Time spent well is not wasted time or something like that john lennon xD 

Edited by Aquarius

@Leo Gura Agree, post awakening the need for books and teachings begin to drop away, they have their place and their purpose but like all things must eventually be dropped. 

However, I still feel there’s always a time and a place for books/ courses/ teachings on other topics, such as business, money, relationships, dating, psychology, health, exercise, cooking etc, let’s say in the “relative” domain of life. Oh and of course with hobbies like if you want to learn the Guitar, or how to garden or something like that. 

@Arzola What kind of problems are you looking to solve, or more just looking to broaden your horizon, I can then recommend some books :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Arzola

Non-Duality Books (I’m bias) - 1000 & No Mind, No Problem by Ramaji, Intimacy With the infinite by Ananda Devi & any of Rupert Spira & Francis Lucille books

Also, Ramana Maharishi books, but these are translated so often not as easy to digest. 

Health & Fitness books- How not to Diet by Dr Gregor, Boundless by Ben Greenfield, EMFd by Joseph Mercola, not a book but research Wim Hof and his teachings

ALL the Medical Medium books- currently reading these myself, and wow, they could heal and have healed millions 

Business- Seth Godin “This is Marketing” 

Investing- Pick what you want to invest in and find the best resources for it 

Ive read so much spirituality and non duality over the last few years, I’m finally delving back into other topics, with this years focus on Health & Fitness, and already feel a LOT better, books are amazing but remember to TAKE ACTION on what you’re reading, that’s the key! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Leo Gura

Okay so I feel post awakenings that I don't really need books..

But I always then happen to pick up a book that seemingly has absolutely no value to offer and I find a gold-mine!

And I realise I was wrong in what I stated just hour ago. I get a higher perspective..

How do you feel about this idea? Of finding value in books post-enlightenment?

I think remaining humble is important post-awakening. Not just deaf and blind into the void of our experience...

1 hour ago, blueberries said:

@Leo Gura @LfcCharlie4 

I can partly understand the concept of forgoing non fiction books, although I'm nowhere near that stage yet myself.

But what about fiction?

Isn't enjoying a book purely for the beauty of their words and stories part of just being?

Just curious.

What is the difference between fiction and non-fiction if everything becomes a product of your imagination? 

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Business- Seth Godin “This is Marketing” 

Seth Godin sneaks a ton of spirituality into his business insights. Love him. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

21 minutes ago, Arzola said:

Aquarius, we should not make enlightenment into an ideal or fantasy. Enlightenment doesn’t get you to eat healthy, for example. This is a guess of mine and it’s worthless because I’m not enlightened but hey it’s funny to chat.

Let’s remember that, as the zen saying goes: 

“before enlightenment, the laundry. After enlightenment, the laundry.”

What I mean is that you could still be learning about the relative domain, deepening your skills on your career, et al. Following whatever interests you have. 

@Arzola Exactly what I meant and the argument I was looking for. Thanks. 

For me, I still deepen my knowledge. Enlightenment is just a shift in the state of mind. Opening a portal of intuitive knowledge.

But books and people and life is still needed to live. Cause why not? lol

I love that zen quote

@blueberries I never said stop reading man, I just meant Non-Duality and Enlightenment books, in particular, will eventually need to be dropped, (when the time is right of course!)

I'll never stop reading books on other topics, or areas I want to improve on, you can if you want, but I don't see value in it. If I need business advice, I'll probably read a book on that. I solely meant Non-Duality books :)

Fiction is beautiful, it's a form of art just like all true entertainment is, like a good TV series or Movie, or comedy act, so of course, enjoy that all you want! Not that my opinion matters at all, go do whatever the fuck it is you want to do, you don't need anyone's authority to do so :) 

Non-Fiction (normally except like Biographies and whatnot) is about solving one's problems, people read dating books because they want to improve their dating life etc, Fiction is an art form and is entertainment, so it's 2 different markets. I actually Co-Own a fiction business and also a Non-Fiction business, and it's 2 different business models completely. 

So, in summary, go enjoy whatever fiction you enjoy! Same for movies, TV shows and whatnot, if you enjoy them as well :)