Roy

BANNED TED Talk - Rupert Sheldrake "The Science Delusion"

34 posts in this topic

@IJB063

It's also one of the reasons why they wouldn't agree to spend a night in a haunted house. :ph34r:xD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Another great guy just like Rupert Sheldrake having a different spin on the complex nature of reality 

Donald Hoffman. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Jesus wasn't worried about the death but the torture.

Can you expand this? What do you mean Jesus was worried about the torture.. why Jesus was worried about that? 

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

Can you expand this? What do you mean Jesus was worried about the torture.. why Jesus was worried about that? 

+1

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

I don't think you guys appreciate what getting nailed to a cross really feels like.

It would put to the test even the most enlightened folk.

You also have no idea how awake Jesus was. Maybe not as awake as you think.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura you mean, one can't know untill he become that much awake. Is it there a way to measure the degree of awakening, or it's just me as ego trying to compare. Afterall, all measures are subjective. 

Can it be the degree of love and egolessness? 

There are definitely many degrees of awakening, love, and egolessness.

The degrees are not merely linear, but multidimensional. There are thousands of different awakened and egoless states.

When Sheldrake and Hancock’s talks were flagged, the majority of the board recommended we remove them from circulation, pointing out questionable suggestions and arguments in both talks. But there was a counter view that removing talks that had already been posted would lead to accusations of censorship. It’s also the case that both speakers explicitly take on mainstream scientific opinion. This gives them a stronger reason to be listened to than those who simply use scientific sounding language to make nonsensical claims. So we decided we would not remove the talks from the web altogether, but simply transfer them to our own site where they could be framed in a way which included the critique of our board, but still allow for an open conversation about them.

What happened next was unfortunate. We wrote to the TEDx organizer indicating our intention and asking her to take the talks off Youtube so that we could repost. She informed the speakers of what was coming, but somehow the part about the talks staying online got lost in translation. Graham Hancock put out an immediate alert that he was about to be “censored”, his army of passionate supporters deluged us with outraged messages, and we then felt compelled to accelerate our blog post and used language that in retrospect was clumsy. We suggested that we were flagging the talks because of “factual errors” but some of the specific examples we gave were less than convincing. Instead of the thoughtful conversation we had hoped for, we stirred up angry responses from the speakers and their supporters.

from https://blog.ted.com/graham-hancock-and-rupert-sheldrake-a-fresh-take/

13 hours ago, Amit said:

@Leo Gura is the number of total dimensions also infinite? 

Go find out.

@Amit naive realism does exist even if we are consciousness, space time and other beings still exist. I'm consciousness doesn't invalid the scientific theories as they also derived using consciousness. If we are not conscious of an object and place, it is still there, it's just that we are not aware. So naive realism is also a truthful paradigm. Isn't it? 

3 hours ago, Amit said:

@Leo Gura what if I'm not as gifted ?

That's why God created psychedelics ;)