Roy

BANNED TED Talk - Rupert Sheldrake "The Science Delusion"

34 posts in this topic

Listen to this short speech and tell me if what he has said is honestly dangerous and worth suppressing? TED Talk seems to think so. Goes to show you why you should pay more attention to ones actions, rather than what they say. You will always gauge intentions more accurately that way. "Talk is cheap" as they say. Academia boast about how open minded they are..... then proceed to ban a speech about inquiry. Perfect example of paradigm lock.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I believe so much in parapsychism. This guy is very intelligent and has interesting things to say. I love to listen to him. 

In no way this is pseudoscience. 

I hope science doesn't turn into a radical religion. 

If you watch Richard Dawkin's shows, you will find he is very closed minded in his approach to matters of consciousness and psychic sciences. 

Too bad we are supposed to rely on these scientist's approval of complex thoughts. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

I hope science doesn't turn into a radical religion. 

If you watch Richard Dawkin's shows, you will find he is very closed minded in his approach to matters of consciousness and psychic sciences. 

Too bad we are supposed to rely on these scientist's approval of complex thoughts. 

In my opinion it simply depends all in what you are looking for in life to be satisfied. When I was younger (17-20) I got a lot of value out of thinkers like Richard Dawkins and the like. While it was useful for a time, it didn't fully explain or satisfy some deeper intuitions and questions I had, so I looked for the next thing. Richard Dawkins seems satisfied with his worldview and what he knows, it serves him quite well (from his POV). Thus he never changes or branches out.

I think to avoid this trap, with all perspectives and modes of thought you need to just assume they aren't complete. No matter how convincing or convenient they are to you. Even with advanced big picture teachings like what Leo presents, it will have limits. Everything is only a perspective after all, no matter how expansive it appears. I imagine he and others after a certain time will have absorbed what they needed to and moved on. I have these feelings coming on myself.

Kind of rambling here. I just think the moral of the story is don't be so eager to plant your flag anywhere. Carry it with you through life.

hrhrhtewgfegege

36 minutes ago, Roy said:

tell me if what he has said is honestly dangerous and worth suppressing?

It is highly dangerous and worth suppressing for materialists ;)

Danger is always relative to whatever one identifies with. If one identifies with materialist science, well, then lots of stuff becomes dangerous.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Danger is always relative to whatever one identifies with.

@Leo Gura Well put. Raises a question though - say one slowly drops their identity (physical and others) through a bunch of spiritual work. They realize the truth of no self, they detach themselves from all needs and connections in the world and realize they are God and One with everything.

Even most of these people will still probably recoil in complete fear and shock, and probably beg for their lives if a loaded gun is pointed at their head.

Of course such a stark scenario like that is unlikely. Still, how does one audit themselves honestly enough to know that the work is actually helping them transcends such situations, and it's not just a bunch of mental masturbation?

In your experience have you come across many plateaus that make you think this is all a waste of time? Then to break through and actually reap the benefits of such work?

Apologies if this is too loaded.

hrhrhtewgfegege

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

Even most of these people will still probably recoil in complete fear and shock, and probably beg for their lives if a loaded gun is pointed at their head.

Why? If you truly fully realize that you are God and death is imaginary and meaningless, then a gun and bullet to your head would be no more terrifying than waking from a dream. 

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

Of course such a stark scenario like that is unlikely. Still, how does one audit themselves honestly enough to know that the work is actually helping them transcends such situations, and it's not just a bunch of mental masturbation?

Practice by dying. People can take 5-MEO (or other methods) and experience death. Then you know the truest Truth and there is no more doubt or confusion.

17 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

Why? If you truly fully realize that you are God and death is imaginary and meaningless, then a gun and bullet to your head would be no more terrifying than waking from a dream. 

I believe it can be a reality for some people. I said it probably isn't for most people.

hrhrhtewgfegege

TEDx =/= TED

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Roy It's funny how Ted claim to be open to ideas and non conventional dialogue, and then proceed when someone ever broaches questioning materialism to are censor, it's gross stuff

Probably my favourite Ted talk that also happens to be banned is also questioning materialism by Graham Hancock. linked here with timestamp to the point, I highly recommend watching the whole video, the other video is a video by Leo on Why Brains Don't Exist that links to the point

The points this (here's the quote from the video)

"The brain generates consciousness the way a generator makes electricity, if you hold to that paradigm then  of course you can't believe in life after death when the generators broken the consciousness is gone but it's equally possible that the relationship but nothing in neuroscience rules it out that the relationship is more like the relationship of the TV signal to the TV set and in that case when the TV set is broken of course the TV signal continues and this is the paradigm of all spiritual traditions that we are immortal souls temporarily incarnated in these physical forms ". 

This is the main contention materialists have (I think anyway) ,people like Dawkins, etc... with people like Sheldrake or Hancock because they lack any imagination because of the danger associated with it as Leo said

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It is highly dangerous and worth suppressing for materialists ;)

Danger is always relative to whatever one identifies with. If one identifies with materialist science, well, then lots of stuff becomes dangerous.

Anyway @Roy rock on man

Thanks for the video recommendation

Rupert Sheldrake and Terence Mckenna were good friends I think

So thats how you know Ruperts a bad motherfucker

Check out this Russel Brand podcast with Rupert as well if anyone is interested 

On 5/16/2020 at 10:01 PM, Roy said:

Not if they are deeply Awake. That's the point.

Your ideas about awakening are nothing like actual Awakening, at which point life truly is understood to be an illusion and death becomes impossible.

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not if they are deeply Awake. That's the point.

I wouldn't be so firm about that, Leo though. There aren't many cases in history of that to say. Jesus himself, one of the most awakened in history when confronted with death got fearful for little bit for a few seconds kinda becoming an atheist as Chesterton would say.

48 minutes ago, docs20 said:

I wouldn't be so firm about that, Leo though. There aren't many cases in history of that to say. Jesus himself, one of the most awakened in history when confronted with death got fearful for little bit for a few seconds kinda becoming an atheist as Chesterton would say.

Jesus wasn't worried about the death but the torture.

This clip also highlights the dogmatic false skepticism of the stage orange materialist paradigm pretty well.

Very eloquent here 

He talks about being banned here 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think what separates people like Dawkins from people like Sheldrake really is whether you’ve had any psychedelic experience.

Because it’s proves to you that’s there is more to life than what we can abstract and construct logically.

I know before I started using LSD and ketamine etc... that my worldview was very rigid. I was a very atheistic person and loved people like Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris etc...

But after I used these drugs I couldn’t help but be more open minded because it proved to me on a physiological level that there is more to life than just atoms in a void. 

What I don’t get is why people like Dawkins are so hesitant to try these substances. Because all it one take is one experience and they’d have a new perspective on reality. I think on a subconscious level they know that they’re bullshiters or they would just take one of these drugs and prove us all wrong. It’s not like these drugs melt your mind irreversibly, the propaganda now has been disproven. All they have to do is take 8 hours out of their day and see it for themselves. Then maybe they’d stop worrying so much about their own mortality.

Edited by IJB063

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Jesus wasn't worried about the death but the torture.

I don't think he was even concerned about the torture, he is Jesus after all. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager

13 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

I don't think he was even concerned about the torture, he is Jesus after all. 

Why all that “O father why did you leave me?” shit then?

@IJB063 he said that ??!! I am not christian so I don't know a lot 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Eren Eeager Something along the lines of “why have you abandoned me father”, I don’t know it verbatim